It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Tshirt's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Tshirt's Journey

Postby tshirt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:49 am

Hello all
Just starting out, I have decided to commit to losing this weight! And this thread is now my contractual obligation :D
This forum looks so supportive, it is inspiring to see all the weight loss that each of you have achieved...

So my stats:
start- 78kgs
goal - 69kgs

How am I going to do this?
- drinking lots and lots of water, especially as a replacement for my boredom eating.
- eating food slowly, chewing it, appreciating it, and telling myself i'm FULL when done
- lotsa exercise daily. eg, walking the dog, mini trampoline, resistance training...

My weigh in will be thursday mornings. I might also take measurements, as that generally shows bigger differences than the scale.
Here we go! :mrgreen:
tshirt

Re: Tshirt's Journey

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:55 am

Welcome,
sounds like a plan...may your t-shirt begin to flap more and more as each day passes.
GOOD LUCK :wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Great plan Tshirt! I especially like your plan to eat slowly and truly appreciate your food. It really helps you hear your 'full' alert better. One tip I got from Paul McKenna's book and CD 'I can make you thin' is that rather than waiting until your stomach feels absolutely full we should be paying attention to our solar plexus. When you're pleasantly satisfied there will be a warm feeling there. It's different than the feeling of an overly full stomach and I find it's easier to gauge the feeling of being just satisfied that way.

Good luck and I look forward to reading about your progress! :D

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tarz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi T-shirt, good luck with your weight loss and stick to that plan and i am sure you will see results!
Tarz

Postby lng86 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Best wishes for your weight loss journey.

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby tshirt » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks all for your kind words and wishes, haha here's to a flappier tshirt 8)

Ali, that's a great tip :idea: , satisfaction is way better than being overly full! listening to my body is the one thing i never do, i'd usually just keep eating if food is there... i definitely will pay attention from now on, thanks :) any other helpful hints?

Yesterday i walked the dog for 35 minutes, and jumped on the mini trampoline for 30. Lots of low-intensity aerobic. I plan to walk to the shops later today (ha now i've written it i'll have to do it :wink: )

Today, being thursday, is my weigh in day: i came in at 77.3 kg! Thats a 700 gram loss! yah
tshirt

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 pm

The other tip I found really, really helpful from that book and CD is a way to conquer cravings. Whenever you want to eat anything for any reason other than hunger just remind yourself "Food has always been there. Food will always be there." It really helps me, as otherwise I'm tempted to just keep eating simply because there's yummy food available! If I chant that in my head a few times it reminds me that if I don't eat something now it means I get to eat it later. It's not going to vanish off the face of the earth in the meantime after all!

I really recommend 'I can make you thin' by Paul McKenna. It's really helped reprogram my attitude towards food. It doesn't lose the weight for you, but it makes it much easier to stick to a healthy diet. I must admit I don't listen to it nearly as often as I should but when I do listen to it it makes me feel a lot better about myself and my weight loss journey! (I'm starting to sound like I own shares in the publisher I rave about that book & CD so much. Rest assured I have nothing to do with any publishers or distributors of the book - I just find it the best diet book and hypnosis CD I've come across so far!)
EvilWombatQueen

Postby tshirt » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:37 am

Ok, its been a week since i weighed in... and it wasn't too successful a week either. I just didn't listen to my body and ended up at times eating more than i needed to.. and then there was the nutella sandwiches :oops: But oh well. Small changes. And a small loss!

Start: 78, Wk1: 77.3, Wk2: 77.1

I still went down :)
tshirt

Postby tania2573 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:53 am

Well done a loss is a loss even if small :) All the best for next week
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:03 am

That's not a bad loss at all! After all, it's headed in the right direction. And studies have repeatedly shown that the slower you lose the weight the longer you'll keep it off.

I just did some quick maths. Even if you 'only' lose 200g per week from now on you'll be at goal in 40 weeks. Sounds a long time, doesn't it? Well, what were you doing a year ago? If you'd started on a healthy plan then of listening to your body and losing 'only' 200g per week you would have been at goal several months ago! Slow weight loss may seem daunting, but let's face it: you want to be thin for life, not just for a couple of weeks and gain it all back again. Visualise yourself in several years time, still healthy and thin, enjoying your permanent healthy lifestyle. That's how you'll feel in a year, in two years, in five years... even in ten years. It kind of puts that 40 weeks into perspective, doesn't it! :D

Good luck! You're doing really well so far. Stick at it and you'll be at goal before you know it.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:35 am

EvilWombatQueen wrote:That's not a bad loss at all! After all, it's headed in the right direction. And studies have repeatedly shown that the slower you lose the weight the longer you'll keep it off.

I just did some quick maths. Even if you 'only' lose 200g per week from now on you'll be at goal in 40 weeks. Sounds a long time, doesn't it? Well, what were you doing a year ago? If you'd started on a healthy plan then of listening to your body and losing 'only' 200g per week you would have been at goal several months ago! Slow weight loss may seem daunting, but let's face it: you want to be thin for life, not just for a couple of weeks and gain it all back again. Visualise yourself in several years time, still healthy and thin, enjoying your permanent healthy lifestyle. That's how you'll feel in a year, in two years, in five years... even in ten years. It kind of puts that 40 weeks into perspective, doesn't it! :D

Good luck! You're doing really well so far. Stick at it and you'll be at goal before you know it.

EvilWombatQueen u r full of wisdom. What r great way 2 look at it.

Tshirt good job on your loss. it shows you can still lose even if you do overeat. that's my problem 2 never listen to my body. must start doing so.
Strawberry

Return to Personal Progress