It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Lush Gal's Progress ....

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Lush Gal's Progress ....

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:15 am

You made some great choices with your eating. Good on you!

I've heard good things about hypnotherapy. I can't afford one on one sessions, but I use the Paul McKenna 'I can make you thin' mind programming CD and book. I've found it's completely changed my attitude towards food. And while I haven't lost dramatic amounts of weight using it it's made my journey a lot easier. My cousin lost heaps of weight after listening to the CD every day.

You can check out Paul McKenna's US website here. You used to be able to sign up for free and check out his videos. I'm not sure if the offer is still open, but if it is it will give you a bit of an idea of what his CD is like.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Lush Gal » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:02 pm

I have Paul McKenna's book and CD! I never really committed to it properly though .... :oops:

I just booked in for a one on one session locally (this Monday) and am aiming to use it as a kick up the bum to start back with the CD daily. I'm prepared to give it a few one on one sessions - am going into it all with a very open mind!
Lush Gal

Postby Lush Gal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 am

Well as I said in my thread in Ask The Mob, I am onto day two on Xndo - it is great!!!!

Soooooo much better than Tony Ferguson! You have a sghake for breakie and lunch (as per TF) and at dinner you have your protein serve .... but aside from the "free" vegies (all the same as TF) you also get:

2-3 serves of carbs a day (yay! potato with tea, pasta or rice! bread for toast!!)
2-3 serves of dairy (you can make your shakes on milk but I prefer to save my dairy for cheese on a lavash and unlimited vegie wrap or for dolloping as natural yoghurt over vegie curry with rice!)
1 serve of fruit (TF = 2)

So .... you get real food! It is seeming to be too good to be true!!?? I was a little hungry yesterday but I really think that was purely psychological. Also I had my first session of hypnostherapy yesterday too, to help me with my lack of willpower with food and booze.

Yay! Am so ready to do this right!!
Lush Gal

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 pm

You're doing really well, LG! The hypnotherapy sounds excellent and I like the idea of a meal replacement plan that still allows you to have some normal food. Let us know how you get on!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:07 pm

the hypnotherapy sounds really interesting. i'm looking forward to hearing how you feel it impacts on your behaviour etc :)
sassi

Postby Lush Gal » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:30 am

Ok so after a week and a half of total confusion regarding the Xndo programme I am back on track. Have been on the phone to one of their consultabnts plus went to chemist that seems to know what they are talking about! They gave ne a new up to date booklt / diary too.

So today I started but hit a glitch, I thought I'd try the new smoothies they have (I bought two yesterday at the chemist - all ready for re-start today). Well they "set" in the fridge for a fe hours so I popped it in whilst I went on my morning trot .... Got back this morning eager to try it and BLECH fowl!!!! The shakes are quite nice (a little thinner and less sweet than TF, but drinkable and filling). I got two mouthfuls down and quit!

So ......... I had instead - a big bowl of allowed vegie curry (I made a big pot of this last night, plus an allowed vegie soup) with natural yoghurt and a slice of grain bread. I figured the carb count would be roughly the same.

The rest of the day plan is:

Morning Tea = Banana

Lunch = Shake

Afternoon Tea = Strawberries

Dinner = Ocean trout fillet, with allowed veg salad (including pin nuts and avocado - avo is allowed a few times per week, a sml handful of nut are daily), plus my carb serve of red skin roasted potatoes. I will have my daily dairy at dinner as yoghurt dollop for the fish and taties (I ake it with natural yoghurt, lemon juice, hebs etc).

Snacks = Lots of allowed veg soup, some leftover steamed vegies, allowed vegie curry.

MUST DRINK 2l of WATER. Allowed tea w/ skim + splenda.

So after a bumpy start I'm on track.

Weighed in at 77.6kg today re walk / food too :( But you gotta start somewhere!

Also, did a mega long walk (1 hour 45 mins, about 8 kms) with my friend this morning and have been running too (see my Thanks Hapy Bella 55 tread!).

So looking forward to next week's weigh in already!

Thanks for listening.
Lush Gal

Postby Lush Gal » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm so stuuuuuuuuuuupid. Was doing really well and thought, oh I might as well try the chocolate flavoured smoothie (I had bought to of these yesterday) .... Nearly vomitted! :(

Couldn't face the thought of a shake so had wo dry fried eggs on one slice of grain toast no butter, followed by a tiny piece of leftover lean meatloaf on another slice of grain. I feel so guilty!

Oh well, at least I know the shakes taste good and tomorrow is another day.
Lush Gal

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:03 pm

don't feel stupid 4 stuffing up. could u make 2day's breakfast your food meal and swap dinner with a shake?
Strawberry

Postby Lush Gal » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Strawberry wrote:don't feel stupid 4 stuffing up. could u make 2day's breakfast your food meal and swap dinner with a shake?

I could but I'm way looking forward to my trout! :P

Am thinking that given carbs / protein for the day (checed on Calorie King) it roughly evens out,
Lush Gal

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:15 am

Well last night was a bit of a write off - ate very healthy but had a few wines .... :oops: But that's the end of my cask (how Kath n Kim does that sound! :P )

So today is a fresh day and so far .....

Breakfast = Shake, banana, cup of tea with skim + splenda

Lunch will be = Shake + vegie curry with a tub of low fat natural yoghurt

Snacks = Bowl of allowed veg soup, another piece of fruit.

Dinner = A low fat recipe I've had for yonks (pork butterfly stuffed with pine nuts, herbs and fat free semidried toms) with roasted sweet potato and a salad.

Lots of water today and I'm going to try and resist my Coke Zero addiction (Xndo is preservative free, which appealed to me - so I'm trying to eat as naturally as I can whilst on this).

Wish me luck!
Lush Gal

Postby tania2573 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:03 pm

That eating plan looks good.Good luck with your xndo im sure you will be fine. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:53 pm

You're doing really well, LG. It sounds like you are making healthy food choices and good on you for giving up the Coke Zero!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:01 pm

I faltered and snuck in a coke zero! Oh well, at least I'm keeping up my water and eating tonnes of vegies (hopefully once my system gets used to them I'll stop getting gas ... :oops: ).

I'm about to snack on my soup and it is just so yummy (best pot I've whipped up) and hubby is drooling!

Hungry but postponing shake till 2ish.

Oh and have my thirs hypnotherapy session today!
Lush Gal

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:08 pm

Third session of hypnotherapy was interesting - I was in a deeper state of confusion if that maes sense? I couldn't understand exactly what was going on.

But I must report that we went out to tea afterward and I was full (really full) after about half of what I normaly eat, also today my appetite is in check (normally I'm the gobble monster, constantly hungry) and I only had my shake for breakie, lunch was out (steak sandwhich - had loads of salad, it was an open type burger, and I didn't eat all the bun - only half). I am so satisfied.

My mind doesn't seem to be onsessing over food and hunger if that makes sense - this is usually what leads me to throw a diet in.

My walking buddy is ill, so I had yesterday off walking and I was going to go solo today but did a heap of housework instead (scrubbed the tiles on the balcony, eanbe two bathrooms etc, so I am pretty sweaty ad puffed!).
Lush Gal

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Housework is a great workout! I think it's terrific that you're no longer obsessing over food. That's half the battle won! I hope your hypnotherapy sessions continue to be successful for you. They sound like they're having the desired results so far, that's for sure!
EvilWombatQueen

Previous

Return to Personal Progress