It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Strawberry's progress.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Strawberry's progress.

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi all, I'm new on this forum. I have been lurking for a few days & finally joined today. I stumbled across this forum by chance. This is the sort of environment I need to help me in my quest to lose 12kgs. After reading a few progress pages ive been inspired to have a recording of my own weight loss journey.

2 days ago I weighed 70.8kgs I think I may have put some weight on due to excessive overeating these last 2 days. I blame my lack of self control on my hormones. I suffer from pcos and rarely get my period when I do my hormones go all crazy and I can't stop eating. I literally binge on chocolate till I can't eat anymore. Pls don't be grossed out by my revelation, yesterday I ate a whole block of dark chocolate, a handful of cradbury's celebration & a bag of gummy bears :( :oops: i felt so sick afterwards & disgusted with myself. I'd like to think i'm not the only one who does this, if others out there do what hints and tips can you give me to stop/control/combat this problem?

By yesterday's brilliant effort i'd say I'm closer to 71.8 i'm to scared to jump on the scale and confirm this as my stupidity at the gross amount i consumed yesterday will just cement in me the fear that i will never see the 60's or a size 10. That's my goal to weigh 60kgs and wear size 10. I'm 167cm tall and wear a size 14/12.

My plan of action is to eat healthy and exercise. If anyone can suggest some great tips and give me advice on successfully losing weight it would help me a lot.

I will weigh myself tomorrow to see exactly how much damage my excessive over eating has created. Tomorrow's weight will be my starting point.

Thanks for reading, and support would be great.

Cheers,

Strawberry.
Strawberry

Re: Strawberry's progress.

Postby Moonie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Drink lots of water! Has been helping me soo far to try and recognize when I’m actually thirsty opposed to hungry.
I can relate! But unlike u I don't have a medical condition but doesn't mean that I haven't binged on just as much food! I’m pretty much @ the same point as u (in weight, and this is my 1st wk!), so I look forward to hearing Ur progress, best of luck!

Madison
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9Aku8C/]
no more binge eating!
Moonie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:30 pm

Welcome to the forum, Strawberry! It sounds like your bingeing is triggered by hormonal changes. I don't know much about PCOS, but I know there are a few sufferers here on the forum. Maybe one of them can give you advice on how to cope. Have you spoken to your GP about it? While you don't get your period regularly perhaps some form of hormonal medication such as the pill would stop your hormones from fluctuating so wildly.

Stop beating yourself up over yesterday. After all, that was the day before you joined the forum when you were still floundering out in the wilderness. Now you're here amongst friends I'm sure you'll do better! You know what's triggering your binge eating and that's half the battle won. Now the only thing is to find a way to control your impulses. Could you substitute another form of chocolate? There are low-fat hot chocolate mixes you could try, or even adding cocoa to a healthy bran filled muffin mixture may be enough to beat the craving. Have you tried switching to dark chocolate? It is so strongly flavoured it's difficult to binge on and it gives you an even bigger chocolate kick so you can eat less and still satisfy those cravings.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be seeing success in no time!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby lng86 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your weight loss journey.

Thank you for your kind comments left on my threads. I really appreciate it.

You'll reach your goal sooner than you think. Just take it one day at a time!

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Moonie wrote:Drink lots of water! Has been helping me soo far to try and recognize when I’m actually thirsty opposed to hungry.
I can relate! But unlike u I don't have a medical condition but doesn't mean that I haven't binged on just as much food! I’m pretty much @ the same point as u (in weight, and this is my 1st wk!), so I look forward to hearing Ur progress, best of luck!

Madison

I do so poorly at this, my water intake is so low. I will have to increase it. During summer its fine, when its cold though its hard to get the water intake up. How do you keep it up?

Thanks for wishing me luck. I plan on using this online progress page to keep me accountable and to be honest. I can write whatever I please without have to worry about being judge. Best of luck in your quest to shed the kilos too! Moonie, just being a sticky beak, how much weight do you want to shed?
Strawberry

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:42 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Welcome to the forum, Strawberry! It sounds like your bingeing is triggered by hormonal changes. I don't know much about PCOS, but I know there are a few sufferers here on the forum. Maybe one of them can give you advice on how to cope. Have you spoken to your GP about it? While you don't get your period regularly perhaps some form of hormonal medication such as the pill would stop your hormones from fluctuating so wildly.

Stop beating yourself up over yesterday. After all, that was the day before you joined the forum when you were still floundering out in the wilderness. Now you're here amongst friends I'm sure you'll do better! You know what's triggering your binge eating and that's half the battle won. Now the only thing is to find a way to control your impulses. Could you substitute another form of chocolate? There are low-fat hot chocolate mixes you could try, or even adding cocoa to a healthy bran filled muffin mixture may be enough to beat the craving. Have you tried switching to dark chocolate? It is so strongly flavoured it's difficult to binge on and it gives you an even bigger chocolate kick so you can eat less and still satisfy those cravings.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be seeing success in no time!

cheers,
Ali

Thanks for the welcome EvilWombatQueen. Of course i've been to my GP about this. I got diagnosed with pcos at 18 (i'm now 25) as I still hadn't gotten my period and i felt abnormal. I've tried countless number of pills unfortunately my body reject them so I can't go on them to regulate my period and get my hormones to a normal level. Trust me I have tried everything my doctor has suggested. I've been poked and proded, had cycst removed so on.

To be honest, i haven't got everything under control yet. Yes i do have the desire, will and determination, the one major problem is that I've gotten my period for the first time this year and the hormones are driving me crazy. I'm up one minute, down another. Crying for no reason, my body is going crazy on me. That's why I call it the crazies, all these hormones floating around. I already eat dark chocolate - the organic 70% one from woolies health section. I like your suggestion of buy smaller size one, apart from that i'm going to ban them. I'm an all or nothing person.

Thanks for your tips.
Strawberry

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:44 pm

lng86 wrote:Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your weight loss journey.

Thank you for your kind comments left on my threads. I really appreciate it.

You'll reach your goal sooner than you think. Just take it one day at a time!

Best wishes,
Lauren.

Thanks for the best wishes Lauren. I've been reading your past progress jornals. Truely inspiring! I like your no nonsense approach to weight loss.
Strawberry

Postby Moonie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:58 pm

Strawberry wrote:I do so poorly at this, my water intake is so low. I will have to increase it. During summer its fine, when its cold though its hard to get the water intake up. How do you keep it up?

Thanks for wishing me luck. I plan on using this online progress page to keep me accountable and to be honest. I can write whatever I please without have to worry about being judge. Best of luck in your quest to shed the kilos too! Moonie, just being a sticky beak, how much weight do you want to shed?

I think i'm gonna start a pg in personal progress 2 so when I’m feeling down I can (hopefully!) look back @ how far I’ve come.

I just have 1 of those cheap 2L bottles from woolies & I carry it around with me all day, it's a good visual sooo u can c how much u'v had in a day I usally ened up having to skull the last 1/2 @ the end of the day! lol it's so hard 2 drink water in winter!

Noo ur not a sticky beak, hey honest member! lol ummm @ the mo I weigh 70kg I wanna lose 12kg I would loooovvvveee 2 b 58kgs, but I might reassess when I get to 60kg, the lightest I have been is 63kg & I was there 4 all of 2mins!!(it was a pretty nice 2mins hahah) 65kg is my platue I can never really seem 2 get past it & that's when I ended up falling off the wagon.....& here I am....again. I’m hoping that I can get the motivation this time 2 (finial) get 2 my goal! We can help keep each other stay motivated. What r ur goals?
no more binge eating!
Moonie

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:52 pm

That's a great idea moonie, we can be weight loss buddies and keep each other accountable :wink: . i see what you mean , we are simillar weight and goal. My goal weight is 60kgs and to wear size 10. Thanks for the water tip. I'll do that tomorrow. I drink a lot of tea(no milk& sugar) do you think that counts as water intake?
Strawberry

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:11 pm

was feeling really down today, my hormones are going crazy. Didn't have a good eating day, i knew I should have eaten better truthfully i just didn't care :( the thought is so strong yet the action is lacking. tomorrow is a new day and it can only get better right. I've decided not to weigh myself till july 1st to take pressure off myself & my bad eating days & allow TOM to finish, then i'll start weighing in weekly. I've also decided instead of driving my puppy dog to the dog park, i'll walk him there to get in extra exercise for both of us.
Strawberry

Postby Moonie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Hahah yeh I’m a tea addict! I looovvvveeee chai tea (milk no suga), soooooo good! Waters water right?
So can relate to ur last post! I think as long as we keep up the exercise diet will follow......hopfully?!I think I need 2 climb another mt lol

Madison
no more binge eating!
Moonie

Postby Tarz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Hey Strawberry, sorry to hear you were having a really down day yesterday, how are you going today? I'm sure your puppy would have loved you for the extra walk. What sort of puppy is it?
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:23 pm

I'm sorry your hormones are still giving you hell. It must be so frustrating not to be able to do anything about it. I hope TTOTM finishes soon so you can get back to normal quickly!

Yay you for walking your dog to the dog park instead of driving. It's all those little decisions that add up to create a new healthy lifestyle! And if you continue to incorporate small changes like that into your daily routine imagine how much extra exercise you'll be getting by the end of the year! So good on you. You might be feeling down but you're really well on your way to achieving your goals!

When it comes to eating I have a system for those times I just want to eat crap. If I figure I'm going to eat rubbish anyway I just give myself permission to eat rubbish. HOWEVER I make it on the provision that I eat a good portion of healthy food first. If I want oven chips for dinner I'm allowed to, but half my plate has to be steamed veggies and 1/4 of the plate has to be healthy lean proteins. If I want some chocolate I have to have two pieces of fruit first. Then at least you're too full to completely pig out on junk. I find that if I eat rubbish while I'm hungry it's inevitable that I eat a whole days' worth of calories in one sitting. If I force myself to eat healthy food not only is there less room for the naughty stuff, but over time you find yourself craving the healthy food just as much as the treats! Maybe it's the taste-buds getting reprogrammed, or maybe it's a subliminal link because the fresh food is followed by a treat, but I find it works and doesn't damage the diet as much as junk food alone.

So rather than looking at eliminating bad food, would it be easier to start adding more healthy food? That way you're not really eliminating or forbidding anything. It's more like adding new things rather than taking anything away.

Good luck! I hope you start feeling better soon.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 pm

I love love love tea too, I'm addicted! Lol, water is water is water. Will have to try chia tea, its very strong smelling :?

Hi Tarz, today is looking better than yesterday, thanks for asking. My puppy loves to walk, so it'll do us both good. I have a Shih Tzu, he's my baby & very very spoilt.
Strawberry

Postby Strawberry » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:51 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:I'm sorry your hormones are still giving you hell. It must be so frustrating not to be able to do anything about it. I hope TTOTM finishes soon so you can get back to normal quickly!

Yay you for walking your dog to the dog park instead of driving. It's all those little decisions that add up to create a new healthy lifestyle! And if you continue to incorporate small changes like that into your daily routine imagine how much extra exercise you'll be getting by the end of the year! So good on you. You might be feeling down but you're really well on your way to achieving your goals!

When it comes to eating I have a system for those times I just want to eat crap. If I figure I'm going to eat rubbish anyway I just give myself permission to eat rubbish. HOWEVER I make it on the provision that I eat a good portion of healthy food first. If I want oven chips for dinner I'm allowed to, but half my plate has to be steamed veggies and 1/4 of the plate has to be healthy lean proteins. If I want some chocolate I have to have two pieces of fruit first. Then at least you're too full to completely pig out on junk. I find that if I eat rubbish while I'm hungry it's inevitable that I eat a whole days' worth of calories in one sitting. If I force myself to eat healthy food not only is there less room for the naughty stuff, but over time you find yourself craving the healthy food just as much as the treats! Maybe it's the taste-buds getting reprogrammed, or maybe it's a subliminal link because the fresh food is followed by a treat, but I find it works and doesn't damage the diet as much as junk food alone.

So rather than looking at eliminating bad food, would it be easier to start adding more healthy food? That way you're not really eliminating or forbidding anything. It's more like adding new things rather than taking anything away.

Good luck! I hope you start feeling better soon.

I hope TOM goes away soon. Last time I had my period was mid last year and it only lasted for 3 days but can last anywhere upto a month.

I don't actually keep junk food in the house, if I did I would be much fatter than I am now. Its a constant struggle with my weight. :( When I get a hankering for junk food I go buy it and feel so guilty and ashamed, I'd hate to think what the cashiers think of me when I pull up with a basket full of chocolates and lollies. No more junk food, I have to completely cut it out, just not good with eating a portion, i know the rest is in the fridge, eating a bit here & there, before i know it its all gone. I think after i'm in the swing of better eating & this means eating more fruit and veggies i will do what you've suggested.Lucky the hankering for junk food is rare.

How do you know what's a serving size with veggies? I'm semi vego - meaning i still eat chicken, fish & dairy products & majority of my diet is grains & cerials. Need to watch those serving sizes, I know I'm eating way more than i need to.
Strawberry

Next

Return to Personal Progress