It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Strawberry's progress.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Strawberry's progress.

Postby Strawberry » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:43 pm

having dinner @ the bf's tonight. i have to be extra careful with portion sizing & make sure not 2 get any teaspoons full of ice-cream in lol.

today's food intake:
(B) oats & honey, 2 slices rye bread spread with vegemite (S)apple (L) hm vegetable soup, 3 98% ff crispbread with 25g low at cheese (S1) protein drink (S2) 4 gherkins (D)??? not sure what bf is cooking i'll have to make sure it's small serve though cos i've only got 323 cals left.
Strawberry

Postby Strawberry » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:49 pm

2 topics relating to fat (1) jumped on the scale & body fat % is 28. i have 8% body fat to lose to get down to a healthy 20% (2) at the chemist today i saw what 1kg of fat looks like :shock: i never realised how big it is - it's a lot!!! from now on i won't be disappointed with a few grams lost cos it all adds up! when i lean over my stomach hangs out and i grabbed it & its comparable 2 the 1kg fat i saw today @ chemist - that's really motivated me to keep going cos with a little bit of work i'll have a flat stomach 1-2kgs loss from there & it'll be flat - how cool! can't wait!!
Strawberry

Postby hippy_shake » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:58 pm

Hey,
Our gym used to have one of those fat things that was the equivalent of 2.5kg and man it was scary :shock: Its really helped me though when I'm feeling not so on top of things to remember that I've lost a few of those by now! Actually I wonder if you could buy them anywhere...lol just have a huge lump of 'fat' sitting in the fridge would be enough to curb additional snacking :p Good to hear its all going well for you :) I look forward to hearing that you've got past the 70kilo line! Its tough but I know we can do it :)
Love, Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Strawberry » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:35 am

hi jane - it would be great if we could buy those fat deposit displays lol. I would definitely keep one in my fridge, pantry & bench top lol - great visual aid not to over indulge on naughty food lol. i hope 2 break the 70kg mark too - i've been sitting on 70 4 way 2 long now it's time to see 69 lol.
Strawberry

Postby Strawberry » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:42 am

i didn't over indulge with dinner last night, we had moroccan lamb & side serve of steamed vegetables. i think i must be building some muscle on my legs & around my abs cos a pair of work pants i haven't worn in a while are loose on me, i didn't jump on the scale 2 see if i've lost any weight nor taken measurements - i must do that 2 see if i've shrunk :?
Strawberry

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 am

Thats fantastic!! Its really important to have other indicators of success besides the scale, and I'm sure you would have lost some cm by now :D That dinner sounds yum...

hippy_shake

Postby Strawberry » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:00 am

i've broken my plateau!!!!! a loss of 1.4kgs, about time it's taken about 3 weeks to shift!

i'm very sore ATM - yesterday the bf & i went hiking on mt warning. we powered up & down taking us 3 hrs. my eating over the weekend has been great in the sense of controlled eating as i did have a few shared treats with bf. i ate from fri-sun treats: 1/4 cherry ripe, 3 bites triple choc chip muffin, 2 bites mocha riccota cheese cake - the muffin & cheese cake were eaten with skinny chia latte & skinny latte @ coffee shop, cherry ripe while watching movie.

food intake
Friday's intake:
(B)oats & honey (L) tomato & cheese toasted sandwich (S)skinny chia latte, 3 small bites muffin (D)1cup spaghetti bolognaise (A) 1 glass shiraz, 3 x 1/2 nip vodka cranberry

Saturday's intake:
(B)oats & honey (L) 1 lenards spinach & pinenut suasuage, 1 1/2 cups salad (S) 1/4 piece cherry ripe, 30g mixed nuts (D) sirloin stake & steamed veggies

Sunday's intake:
(B) oats, honey & 1/2 banana (S) 3 pieces oranges, 1 green apple (L) rye ham & cheese salad sandwich, 1 banana (S)skinny latte, 2 bites cheese cake (D) lamb roast & veggies.
Strawberry

Postby whit3tig3y » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 am

Thats great news Strawbs!!!!!! A GREAT loss as well :) Glad you've broken your plateu and are back to losing those kilo's! :)

Your eating sounds fantastic! Wish my eating was as controlled as yours. Your snacks sound great too, i'd eat the whole cherry ripe not just 1/4 :lol:
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby Strawberry » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:28 am

whit3tig3y wrote:Thats great news Strawbs!!!!!! A GREAT loss as well :) Glad you've broken your plateu and are back to losing those kilo's! :)

Your eating sounds fantastic! Wish my eating was as controlled as yours. Your snacks sound great too, i'd eat the whole cherry ripe not just 1/4 :lol:

that's why i share with the bf. i have enough 2 satisfy me & he can eat the rest lol. i've found i don't need 2 eat whole chocolate/muffin/cheese cake 2 get satisfaction. a few bites work great. i let the treats melt in my mouth & take small bites 2 get full taste & flavour i also don't feel like i'm missing out.
Strawberry

Postby hippy_shake » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:36 am

That sound like the philosophy of the book 'french women don't get fat' have you read it? When I remember to use their tricks of cutting everything in half before you start, and only eating enough to savor the taste it works really well and you do actually feel satisfied :)

hippy_shake

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:41 pm

Nice work Strawberry! And I think you've got the right idea of sharing treats - it really does only take a bite or two sometimes to be satisfied!

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby Shalimar » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Strawberry wrote:
whit3tig3y wrote:Thats great news Strawbs!!!!!! A GREAT loss as well :) Glad you've broken your plateu and are back to losing those kilo's! :)

that's why i share with the bf. i have enough 2 satisfy me & he can eat the rest lol. i've found i don't need 2 eat whole chocolate/muffin/cheese cake 2 get satisfaction. a few bites work great. i let the treats melt in my mouth & take small bites 2 get full taste & flavour i also don't feel like i'm missing out.

I, too, can relate to just having a mouthful or so for satisfaction. Hubby can't understand how I can open a pkt. of crisps for junior and only have 4-6 crisps myself without polishing off half a pkt.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Shalimar wrote:
Strawberry wrote:

I, too, can relate to just having a mouthful or so for satisfaction. Hubby can't understand how I can open a pkt. of crisps for junior and only have 4-6 crisps myself without polishing off half a pkt.

I'm like your hubby! I can't understand how it can be done, i have not mastered it and don't think i will!

Anyway, well done Stawb thats is a fantastic loss and you deserved to see a great number come up like that, you have been working so hard. Keep up the great work!
Tarz

Postby Strawberry » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:41 pm

hippy_shake wrote:That sound like the philosophy of the book 'french women don't get fat' have you read it? When I remember to use their tricks of cutting everything in half before you start, and only eating enough to savor the taste it works really well and you do actually feel satisfied :)

i've heard of the book, haven't read it nor did i know i was eating like french women lol. i'm just putting into practice portion control.
Strawberry

Postby Strawberry » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:43 pm

thanks for all your support :)
Strawberry

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress