It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 am

Free Newsletter

Jaz's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Jaz's progress

Postby jaz87 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:33 am

Hi guys,
Thought I would finally start my own progress thread now that I've FINALLY finished exams :mrgreen:

I'm one of those people who has always struggled to keep weight off. I was a chubby kid and when I was about 12 or 13 mum and I went on Easy slim. (anyone know whether this still exists?)
I managed to lose about 7 kilos and I kept it off until around 15 or 16. I was a size 10, and back then I still thought I was fat.. would kill for that little bod now haha.
I started dating my boyfriend around halfway through year 11 which is when all the trouble began. I worked at McDonalds, did a lot of overnights so my break was around 2am and I would be STARVING so of course I'd have McDonalds!! I went on the pill in an attempt to clear up my skin among other obvious reasons when I turned 17, and by the end of year 12 I weighed 78 kilos at my highest. My boyfriend eats a lot of takeaway and manages to stay thin with a metabolism faster than the speed of light, and at this stage in time I'd forgotten that mine wasn't quite like that. I'm now third year uni and at the start of this year began my journey back to a size 10. I've now lost around 5 kilos (I'm around 73 kilos now) and hoping to lose 10 or so more. Just depends on how I look.
I generally do not eat badly, I may have take away or go out for dinner once a week. There's barely any fatty foods in my house, so it's usually when I'm around my boyfriend or my friends.
My mum (i only live with my mum) and my boyfriend are very supportive of my attempts at weight loss which I cannot thank them enough for!

My biggest downfall is exercise, it is something I do not enjoy and never have. I used to play basketball which I did enjoy, I guess it was more that I never classed it as "exercise" but my hobby. I wish I didn't give up.

So this is my new exercise plan
Mon: c25k program
Tue: gym
Wed: c25k program
Thu: gym
Fri: c25k program
Sat or Sun (depending when I'm working): Gym, and rest the other day

I don't plan on changing what I eat, but just drinking plenty more water, as I eat around 1400 - 1500 calories on a normal day and my worst days go up to maybe 1900 and that would be lucky to happen once a week.

My average food in a day:
Breakfast:
a bowl of porridge with soy milk and some fruit on top
a piece of toast with an egg every second day, the other day I have vegemite or jam on toast
a green tea
Morning snack: a piece of fruit and some water
Lunch: A salad sandwich, or a smoothie, sometimes left over vegetables if there is any
Afternoon snack: a piece of fruit, or 2 vegemite corn cakes and 15 almonds
Dinner: Some description of meat and vegies
About 2 litres of water throughout the day, and I'll only usually have a cup of tea after dinner

So I think thats about it from me, I'll let you know how I go!! 8)
[/url]
jaz87

Re: Jaz's progress

Postby Tarz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:32 am

Hi Jaz,

Welcome and good luck with yor weightloss. I have 2 questions:
What are you studying at uni?
Why don't you join up with a local Bball team? Theres usually night comps everywhere, that way your exercising by doing something your enjoying.
Good luck with C25K, there are a few people on here doing that at the moment.
Tara
Tarz

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:12 am

Hi Jaz87. Your plan of attack sounds great.
Strawberry

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:50 am

You're doing so well already Jaz! Already having lost 5kg must give you great motivation. You certainly have a very healthy diet. I'm sure once you add in regular exercise you'll be laughing.

Good luck! I look forward to reading your updates. :D

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby jaz87 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:49 pm

thanks for the heads up everyone!
Tarz I'm studying science at uni, only about a year til i finish now!!!
And as for the bball team well I have thought about it, I guess i should stop thinking and start doing. I guess I just didn't have the confidence to get back into it 15 kilos later!
[/url]
jaz87

Postby Tarz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Don't be scared to get back into the sport, i got back into hockey after not playing for about 6 yrs. Its easier to ease back into then you'd expect. and yay only 1 yr left, you must be excited.
Tarz

Postby Moonie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:29 pm

Wow u r doing soo well, u'll b @ ur goal in no time @ all. I wish my eating habits where as good as urs!

Welcome & good luck, Madison
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9Aku8C/]
no more binge eating!
Moonie

Postby matchbox » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:19 pm

hey jaz, welcome! 8) you're doing really well so far, keep it up, and like the others said, yo'll be at goal in no time at all! :) best of luck, and i look forward to reading all about your progress :mrgreen:
btw - isn't it great that exams are over? :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby jaz87 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:31 pm

Hi guys,
this week hasn't been as good as I'd hoped (perhaps I should not just hope but actually help the situation lol). I went out for dinner at my fave resturaunt on Tuesday but I'd managed to factor that into my week. Yesterday my friend came over from Perth and she's staying for a few days, we had a couple of drinks last night and while I was at work yesterday my boss wanted me to try this cake/chocolate/cream thing so I can recommend it, but I only had a few mouthfuls which I was rather proud of!!!

I managed to get to the gym tuesday, and c25k yesterday but rather than going to the gym today I went shopping (oops) but I got this great thick grey knitted cardigan :D I'm back to the gym tomorrow and Saturday which I'm going to push extra hard.
Today I ate quite well:
Morning: Porridge with rasberries and light soy milk
2 pieces of vegemite toast
1 green tea
Snack: apple
Lunch: a bowl of my mums chicken and vegie soup with a piece of toast
Dinner: Ravioli with a tomato based sauce
After dinner I shared a boost juice with my boyfriend and had a couple of mcdonalds chips that my friend was eating :oops:

However when my friend first saw me she said wow how much weight have you lost!!! I said about 5 kilos and she thinks it looks like heeeeaps more which made me very happy I was like wow I love you haha.
I'm off to queensland next week which will keep my weight loss quite slow, but the resort we are staying at has a gym so hopefully I'll be able to fit in a couple of sessions!!!!
Thanks for reading, and I'll catch you all soon!!
[/url]
jaz87

Postby tania2573 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:56 am

Hey Jaz Congrats on your weightloss so far keep it up.I hope you have a good time in Qld lucky you :mrgreen: Good luck for next week
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:08 am

Hope you have a great time in Queensland! Will it be warm enough for swimming at the resort you're staying at? If so, that's a fun and effective way to burn calories. And if it's a beautiful location I'm sure you'll be going on long walks to enjoy the scenery - more exercise right there waiting for you!

It's great that people are paying you compliments already. And good on you for just having a few mouthfuls of treats! I remember back in the day I did Weight Watchers our group leader said that you never need more than a spoonful or two of a treat. After all, you're not eating it to satisfy your hunger, that's what healthy food is for. You're doing it to satisfy your tastebuds and if you savour that taste slowly there is no need for any more than a morsel. It's great to see you putting that into action!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:21 am

EvilWombatQueen wrote:It's great that people are paying you compliments already. And good on you for just having a few mouthfuls of treats! I remember back in the day I did Weight Watchers our group leader said that you never need more than a spoonful or two of a treat. After all, you're not eating it to satisfy your hunger, that's what healthy food is for. You're doing it to satisfy your tastebuds and if you savour that taste slowly there is no need for any more than a morsel. It's great to see you putting that into action!

Another great tip. have 2 keep this in mind 4 when i'm hungry & craving something sweet, eat a good healthy meal then have a morsel to satisfy the tastebuds.
Strawberry

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:29 am

I find it really works. If you hold the food in your mouth and really, really take your time tasting it your enjoyment of that mouthful will be much higher than if you wolf down an entire bucket without thinking. It's always tempting to go back for more, but you just have to remind yourself that if you're not feeling satisfied with a few spoonfuls then an entire bowl isn't going to make you feel any better, you'll probably still want more anyway. Enjoying a mouthful for just a few calories will make you feel better longer, too. A huge bowl with a huge amount of calories will just make you feel bloated and guilty for the rest of the day, whereas you're still going to feel great after a small treat. And since it's the 'feel good' feeling we're after, it actually makes sense to have only a tiny bit! Would you want to consume an extra 500 calories just for the opportunity to feel yuck after all? :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:03 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:I find it really works. If you hold the food in your mouth and really, really take your time tasting it your enjoyment of that mouthful will be much higher than if you wolf down an entire bucket without thinking. It's always tempting to go back for more, but you just have to remind yourself that if you're not feeling satisfied with a few spoonfuls then an entire bowl isn't going to make you feel any better, you'll probably still want more anyway. Enjoying a mouthful for just a few calories will make you feel better longer, too. A huge bowl with a huge amount of calories will just make you feel bloated and guilty for the rest of the day, whereas you're still going to feel great after a small treat. And since it's the 'feel good' feeling we're after, it actually makes sense to have only a tiny bit! Would you want to consume an extra 500 calories just for the opportunity to feel yuck after all? :D

it makes sense!
Strawberry

Postby Tarz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:49 am

Hi Jaz, Well done so far. I thought it was just me that announced my love for someone when they comment on how much has been lost :lol:
Have a great time up in QLD, and soak up plenty of sun for the rest of us.
Tara
Tarz

Next

Return to Personal Progress