It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:19 am

Free Newsletter

bringing sassi back

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

bringing sassi back

Postby sassi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:01 pm

I’m baaaaaack…did you miss me?

Okay, in case you don’t have the time or inclination to read my ramblings, the summary of the last four months is: I got a new job & I’ve put on weight instead of losing it.

For those who feel like reading the longer version…

I had incredibly good intentions when I made my pledge not to return until I was under 91kg. I really thought it was only going to be a matter of a couple of weeks until I was back. At first I would read the site every day – pretty much the same as before – I just wasn’t posting. Life got busier & busier – I had a wedding to go to that took up more time than I ever thought possible, then there was a major event to organise for my last job…then I got the new job and started at the beginning of april. Since then I’ve been adjusting to a job that is far more responsibility & work. It’s faster paced and more is expected of me than in my last position.

I get home at the end of the day & I’m stuffed! I also walk to & from the station – about 50 minutes walking a day. When I get home I’m starving as well. I snack while I cook dinner and then I crash on the couch. On Friday nights I invariably fall asleep on my bf’s shoulder while i’m watching tv. Friday nights have become take away nights.

I’ve been going to see the PT at least once a week, sometimes twice, but any other exercise (other than weekday walking) has fallen away to nothing.

The new job is enjoyable but has been a bit of a rollercoaster emotionally as I’m on a 3 month probation & I am by nature a worrier that my work won’t be good enough. I’m proud of where I’ve reached career-wise but at the same time nervous because this feels like a whole different league from what I’m used to. And, true to form, I turned to food as an emotional crutch.

I’ve struggled to try and find a balance, I hated caring so much about everything I was eating & what exercise I was (or wasn’t) doing and feeling so negative about myself. I felt like I was sabotaging my relationship with my bf because I was always so negative about myself. Then I slipped into not caring what I ate – which worked for a while but ultimately I still wasn’t happy. I still haven’t managed to find that balance of accepting who I am while I strive to be the healthier person I want to be but i'm getting there.

Tomorrow morning I’m going to weigh in, it’s the week leading up to totm but that’s just too bad. A recent sneak peak on the scales showed me to be somewhere around 96.8 although at the doctors recently it was around 94. either way, it’s unacceptable.

I know this is a super long post, but it’s been stewing inside of me for ages now and it’s incredibly therapeutic to get it out there!

I feel almost like I’ve come back with my tail between my legs – embarrassed that I was clearly unable to go forward on my own. But at the same time I feel empowered.

it’s one day at a time & today is day one...it's all about small steps :)

to anyone who's made it this far :shock: thank you! and a BIG thank you to shelbel, lng & milky for helping bring me back!

so...can someone fill me in on what's been going on around here :)
sassi

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby Tarz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Welcome back Sassi, don't feel like your coming back with tail between legs. You have not failed at anything, and are welcome back at anytime. Congrats on the new job. The first 3 months is always the hardest but once you are past that probation period you ease in comfortably. You just need to find a pattern for your eating and exercising.
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Welcome back Sassi! Don't feel bad that you didn't lose weight on your own. I remember when I first quit Weight Watchers I was convinced I could easily keep going on the plan without meetings. Instead I struggled to try and lose any weight at all. It's only the accountability of the forum that has helped me shed a few more kilos. It's not a failure to need a bit of support in this process.

Now you're back I'm sure you'll get back on track again! And I for one am looking forward to reading your posts again, so from a purely selfish point of view I'm very glad you're back on the forum! :D

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:14 pm

yay! you're back and that's what is most important. Your good humour and contributions to our beloved community have been missed - by me anyway :P

I too was on probation with my job until recently so I know what it's like. I'm sure they love you and would be mad to let you go :)

I'm sure you'll work out that balance. Hang in there and more importantly, hang around :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:35 am

Hi Sassi, I'm new on the forum, I can relate with the not caring and eating what you want. I'm in the same position ATM. I've become addicted to this site, its such a good place to be around.

Cheers
Strawberry.
Strawberry

Postby sassi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:32 pm

hi & thank you for the warm welcome back :)

milky - congrats on getting through the probation! only another 1.5 weeks for me to go - yay (i think!) :)

1st weigh in: 96.6kg

i've set my ticker just to get back below 90. that's my first challenge! :D
sassi

Postby Cac33 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:39 pm

Welcome back Sassi. Don't worry you couldn't do it on your own! I know I couldn't have got this far without all the support & encouragement from the forum.

Good luck with your job, I'm sure it will be ok & you don't have much longer know till probation is finished.

This time round I'm sure you'll be able to loose weight with the support from everyone on here so think of it as a new begining of good things to come.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby lng86 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Welcome back!!!

I'm going to watch this space... Because I know you are going places!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Sassi :!: :D OMG OMG OMG it's so good to see you back :mrgreen: .

I tried replying to your PM, and every time I pressed the submit button I kept getting "this action is forbidden". Why why why... :( Anyway, I've saved the message and will try again later. Thank you for the support you've offered me, it means a lot *hugs*.

Like Lauren says I'm going to be watching this space cos, girl you've got it in you to do amazing things. We all know it and most importantly you know it :D.

Sorry to hear things have been stressful and tough these last couple of months. Life is like that, throws a spanner and throws things out of control. Hey, at least you've managed to reign things in, look at things clearly without having the "I don't care" factor, factor in and you are doing something about it. There are times when we all need a break, and then when we are ready to progress with them we will. Anyway there is no rush factor here, and you have to do things at a pace that suits and works for you :D .

The walking to and from the station is great exercise, plus with the PT sessions that you are still continuing to do (by the way, good on you for still continuing with your PT session during your break) is adequate exercise so all you need is the good mindful eating factor and you'll be sweet :D .

Looking forward to seeing what happens in this space Sass. Believe in yourself, cos we all believe in you. Hugs sweetie :D .
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby shelbel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:57 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Your back!!! Woohoo

I really have missed your great advice and good humour too!! And a football buddy! :lol:

I dont know what more i can add that hasnt been said, but its a journey, this weightloss business, and its not always gonna be all roses!! But i think giving it another go shows real determination to succeed, i mean i know too how easy it is to just not care about what you eat, its a hard habit to pull yourself out of. But you just have to pick yourself up everytime you fall, again and again for however long it takes.

Take it easy chick!! :P
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Welcome back Sas !!!

You'll be back into the swing of things in no time ! You've already conquered the difficult part and that was coming back !! Looking forward to having ya round again :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby sassi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:30 pm

thank you everyone! i am totally loving being back! hindsight is wonderful & i can see i probably shouldn't have stayed away so long but the important thing i guess is that i'm back now!

weigh in's will be on wednesdays. i had a massive night on friday night - way too many drinkies! i spent saturday on the couch with a glass of water never far away :lol: i did also succumb to eating junk food (fish & chips - i really wish i didn't love it :oops: ) but i did eat a good breakfast & then some pasta for dinner rather than writing off the entire day!

i made a moroccan vegie stew last night to have for lunch today & tomorrow. it smelt pretty good so here's hoping it's tasty as well!

once i get to wednesday with a decent week behind me, i'll set some goals for the next week :)
sassi

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Yeah this forum does wonders, honestly I don't think I would have got this far without the help & support of the lovely ladies on here.

Oh yummo that moroccan veggie stew sounds devine!! Enjoy!

Good luck for Wednesdays weigh in !!!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:33 am

thanks cass :)

the moroccon stew was yummy. ended up having lunch with my bf yesterday so i have the rest of it today. i'm actually looking forward to it :shock: there's just something about having something hot for lunch that makes me feel more satisfied - at least in winter anyways!

weigh in day today. i weighed in yesterday as well for the july challenge at 96.0kg, but this morning i was 95.4kg.

that's a 1.2kg loss this week. i'm really happy with it but last week was the one before totm, so i don't want to get too excited! i will just have to wait for a month or so to get a better idea of what a 'typical' loss is!

goals for the coming week:

:arrow: 2 x exercise sessions at home in addition to my PT session & daily walking
:arrow: drink 2l of water on saturday & sunday. i have no trouble getting through my 2l during the week but struggle on weekends.
:arrow: eat 20+g of fibre on each of the 5 days i can track my eating via calorieking this week (no access to the net on sat & sun cos we're away for the weekend)
sassi

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:39 am

what a great loss. :D You're doing great.
Strawberry

Next

Return to Personal Progress