It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Free Newsletter

bringing sassi back

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Tarz wrote:
sassi wrote:and it finally sunk in how much better i feel about myself when i'm exercising regularly (daily). it seriously helps my perception of my body and confidence levels. i mean, i knew this already...but it's like it actually pushed me into action! (finally!)

Have you also found how much extra energy it gives you?
Well done on hoping on the bike, i wish i had a stationary bike for at home, i would be on it so much whenever i watch tv.
Have a great weekend.

i love the extra energy! and the better sleeps i get as well!

having a bike at home is good...even if my bf did need to drag me, literally, off the couch last night to get me on it!

shel - i know! i'm loving having that winning feeling :mrgreen:

milkyway - it's a little warmer this week thankfully. my walks in the mornings from the station were super cold last week!

this week is going okay so far. bit nervous about weighing in tomorrow because it's my fluid retention time again & i'm feeling a bit heavy & ick. but i'm not going to pressure myself, i might stay off the scales till next wednesday & take my measurements instead :)
sassi

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:13 pm

i didn't weigh in this morning. i'm kind of annoyed with myself for not weighing in. i don't think it's acceptable to stay off the scales just because i'm scared of what they'll say. i will be taking measurements this evening & i'll update those on a monthly basis. i found a note from when i was taking them a year ago (and ones from 2004 :shock: ) - i measured my waist the other night & there are definitely some extra cm's. argh.

we have a staff meeting today which is followed by a pizza lunch. usually i have 2 slices & then feel hungry all afternoon. today i've brought some homemade chicken & pasta soup to have instead.

i'm having a bit of a bleaurgh day about my weight. i know it's probably to do with totm approaching but i don't like this at all! i'm getting hung up on the fact that i got down to 81kg & then put on more than i lost originally. if i stuck with it, i'd be at my goal weight now. and i can't think of any good reason other than laziness & gluttony that got me back to this point :evil:
sassi

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:21 pm

Do you need the scale as a measure for your success? I ask because i get so worked up about the scale reading - it takes over my life. I get scared of knowing how much damage i have done, then i beat myself up about it for ages.

what a good idea taking chicken soup in place of pizza - see you've already made healthy changes & planned! its small things like this!

u will reach 81kgs again and when you do, just remember this post, it will help motivate you to keep going and not stop.
Strawberry

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Maybe you should view your regaining of weight as a valuable learning experience rather than beating yourself up over it. Obviously you learned how to lose weight but you have to learn more things about maintaining weight. There is a positive way to look at this: if you hadn't regained the weight now you may have slowly regained twice as much in years to come!

Good on you for bringing a salad for when others are eating pizza. That shows real resolve! I'm sure you'll enjoy your lovely home-made chicken salad a lot more than greasy takeaway too.

I think all digital scales should be programmable with the dates of their owner's menstrual cycle. That way it can shut itself down for the week leading up to and the week of TTOTM. And if you try to turn it on it refuses to weigh you but gives you lovely compliments instead. I'd like that! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:38 pm

Strawberry wrote:Do you need the scale as a measure for your success? I ask because i get so worked up about the scale reading - it takes over my life. I get scared of knowing how much damage i have done, then i beat myself up about it for ages.

that's a really good question. and i don't really know what the answer is!

i like to have measurements of success - i guess that's why i'm going to add in taking my measurements, so i have an additional means to track my progress. but i'd be kidding myself if i said the scales weren't important. i guess i'm a bit conflicted - i don't want the reading on the scales to have such a big impact on my mood & to be so important, but at the same time i feel silly staying off them just because i don't think i'm going to like what they say! i had sneaky weigh-ins a couple of days ago & i was back over 96 (although not back to the starting weight).

i think i'm in need of some self-help books! :lol:
sassi

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:41 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Maybe you should view your regaining of weight as a valuable learning experience rather than beating yourself up over it. Obviously you learned how to lose weight but you have to learn more things about maintaining weight. There is a positive way to look at this: if you hadn't regained the weight now you may have slowly regained twice as much in years to come!

i think i feel a bit unequiped to cope with this. i can't seem to rid myself of the anger i have towards myself over regaining the weight. at the start of the year i was 91-92....now i'm 96 - that annoys me as well!

and i can't believe i waste so much energy being angry at myself instead of just fixing it! it's really not that hard...calories in vs calories out. i feel like i know what i need to do, it's just the 'doing' part that i struggle with!

my posts this week (about myself) should come with a disclaimer: i'm not known for rational thought during the week leading up to tottm
sassi

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:14 pm

sassi wrote:
Strawberry wrote:Do you need the scale as a measure for your success? I ask because i get so worked up about the scale reading - it takes over my life. I get scared of knowing how much damage i have done, then i beat myself up about it for ages.

that's a really good question. and i don't really know what the answer is!

i like to have measurements of success - i guess that's why i'm going to add in taking my measurements, so i have an additional means to track my progress. but i'd be kidding myself if i said the scales weren't important. i guess i'm a bit conflicted - i don't want the reading on the scales to have such a big impact on my mood & to be so important, but at the same time i feel silly staying off them just because i don't think i'm going to like what they say! i had sneaky weigh-ins a couple of days ago & i was back over 96 (although not back to the starting weight).

i think i'm in need of some self-help books! :lol:

truthfully i need the scales to measure my success - it is something 2 use weekly to measure if what i'm doing is working BUT at the same time i don't like the power it holds over me.

I've taken measurements & photos to keep track of my measurements too.
Strawberry

Postby Cac33 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:09 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:I think all digital scales should be programmable with the dates of their owner's menstrual cycle. That way it can shut itself down for the week leading up to and the week of TTOTM. And if you try to turn it on it refuses to weigh you but gives you lovely compliments instead. I'd like that! :D

Ah I agree Ali!!! What a great idea :lol:

Sassi well done on bringing soup for lunch instead of opting for pizza. that takes a lot of willpower & not sure I could have done that.

have you thought about writing down positive things when a negative thought comes into your head? Might help you eliminate these negative thoughts about yourself or at least reduce them & take your mind away from the bad things. I know its hard to do but you really need to stop beating yourself up.

Chin up chicky xox
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Indi3 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:42 pm

sassi wrote:i think i feel a bit unequiped to cope with this. i can't seem to rid myself of the anger i have towards myself over regaining the weight. at the start of the year i was 91-92....now i'm 96 - that annoys me as well!

and i can't believe i waste so much energy being angry at myself instead of just fixing it! it's really not that hard...calories in vs calories out. i feel like i know what i need to do, it's just the 'doing' part that i struggle with!

my posts this week (about myself) should come with a disclaimer: i'm not known for rational thought during the week leading up to tottm

Sassi i know how you feel. . i'm in the same boat.. but i learnt something on my own journey which was to give myself permission to start again. And again. And again whenever i wanted. And the starting again isnt always from the same point.. you always learn more and more and sometimes it just takes us a bit longer to learn what we need to to get to where we want to be. If you let the anger go (i know its hard.. really hard.. becasue that's the conditioning) you can go further. Imagine what a friend would say and say it to yourself instead of what you say to yourself in anger.

Hope that helps a little bit. You will ge there. Just start again. Its okay.

Indi x :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:25 am

thanks cass & indi :)

i ended up taking a variety of advice on board - you're all right (of course!)...being negative & angry is not helpful and it's certainly not going to make me succeed.

my bf & i went for a walk to the shops last night & i bought the book 'think slim' by mark stephens. i've only had a chance to flick through it so far but it's all about positive thinking & changing your behaviour & thought patterns.

it has some great mantras - the more i drink, the more i shrink & i love what i am tomorrow what i eat today.

:)
sassi

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:29 am

That sounds like an interesting book, Sassi. You'll have to give us a review once you finish reading it. I'm always on the look out for new diet and nutrition books!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:34 am

yeah, i spent quite a while in borders last night :lol: i was deciding between nutrition books, fitness, weight loss etc etc. and then i figured that i think i have a reasonable knowledge of what it is i need to eat & nutrition in general (not great, but i know the basics)...and with fitness i'm learning all the time but i have a good base knowledge & my pt helps me out.

after i posted yesterday & especially after what you wrote, i realised that i was seriously lacking in the right thought process and how to conquer the visualisation side of things. soooo...i feel this book is going to help me with that! it's talking about nlp which sounds like a really interesting topic in its own right!
sassi

Postby Cac33 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 am

I'm glad you're feeling better about things. That book sounds interesting, let me know if its any good because I'm thinking of buying a self help book on weightloss & positive thinking.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:50 am

for sure cass. the other thing i liked about it is that it's by an australian.

now i'm just hanging to have time to read it! will probably be tomorrow night before i get a real chance!
sassi

Postby candycane » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:21 pm

*grabs your scales and throws them down the stairs then drops an anvil on top of them* *phew* thats better :)

seriously though, only weigh yourself once every fortnight (or weekly if u need to) once u get it down to once every fortnight sometimes u dont even bother weighing yourself. Measure ur success by how good you feel and how great you look, a number on a weighing board is NEVER going to give u the full story (TTOTM, Bloating, fluid retention, etc will all affect your weight)! as long as your eating healthy (ive seen u have made a great soup over pizza choice :) ) and exercising regularly you will accomplish what you have set out to do. Measurements, trying on your fave pair of jeans or photos will be an accurate way to know how your doing.

I got up to 100kilo mark when i had chemotherapy and honestly you'll be able to take off that weight, i took off the first 10 kilos by walking round the block daily and eating mostly healthy foods. I know u'll be able to do it.

The positive book sounds great. Every time u think negatively think about how well your doing and the fantastic choices you've been makeing! Yoga and pilates are great, pilates is better for strengthening and lengthenin your muscles, yoga is better for length and flexibility. I'd do yoga to stretch out the muscles u work when ur on the bike, pilates as often as u can do it :)

good luck babe xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress