It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

bringing sassi back

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby lng86 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:02 pm

sassi wrote:
it has some great mantras - the more i drink, the more i shrink & i love what i am tomorrow what i eat today.

:)



Depends what you drink :wink: Hee hee

Keep doing your thing, girl!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:40 pm

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:20 pm

candycane wrote: only weigh yourself once every fortnight (or weekly if u need to) once u get it down to once every fortnight sometimes u dont even bother weighing yourself. Measure ur success by how good you feel and how great you look, a number on a weighing board is NEVER going to give u the full story (TTOTM, Bloating, fluid retention, etc will all affect your weight)! as long as your eating healthy (ive seen u have made a great soup over pizza choice :) ) and exercising regularly you will accomplish what you have set out to do. Measurements, trying on your fave pair of jeans or photos will be an accurate way to know how your doing.


what great advice candycane.
User avatar
Strawberry
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi Sass,

I've just read your post quickly.

First of all, you have made a big step in taking in a healthy lunch alternative than eating the pizza. This shows how committed you are to making changes and it really is about little changes like that which propel you to make bigger changes and see the results coming in. Good on you :D .

I'm a big advocate and believer in self help books (I see them as a godsend, I've relied on so many) and positive thinking books are just the bomb. It will help you change what you think about yourself. It is your subconscious mind and the beliefs buried in your subconscious mind that makes your conscious actions. So if you constantly think 'I am fat, I am never going to succeed, I'm such a failure' you are literally programming yourself to be that! By reprogramming your conscious and subconscious thought process you will find it a lot more easier to turn those negative thoughts around quickly to a positive thought.

have a good day chicky
xoxo

ps - Hope you received my email :D .
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs


No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
User avatar
HappyBella55
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Bomb Chicka Wah Wah

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:37 am

HappyBella55 wrote:
It is your subconscious mind and the beliefs buried in your subconscious mind that makes your conscious actions. So if you constantly think 'I am fat, I am never going to succeed, I'm such a failure' you are literally programming yourself to be that! By reprogramming your conscious and subconscious thought process you will find it a lot more easier to turn those negative thoughts around quickly to a positive thought.


I had no idea about this! i'm always saying or thinking how fat i am! i never realised i was programming myself 2 believe that! :shock:
User avatar
Strawberry
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby sassi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:43 am

HappyBella55 wrote:Hi Sass,

I've just read your post quickly.

First of all, you have made a big step in taking in a healthy lunch alternative than eating the pizza. This shows how committed you are to making changes and it really is about little changes like that which propel you to make bigger changes and see the results coming in. Good on you :D .

I'm a big advocate and believer in self help books (I see them as a godsend, I've relied on so many) and positive thinking books are just the bomb. It will help you change what you think about yourself. It is your subconscious mind and the beliefs buried in your subconscious mind that makes your conscious actions. So if you constantly think 'I am fat, I am never going to succeed, I'm such a failure' you are literally programming yourself to be that! By reprogramming your conscious and subconscious thought process you will find it a lot more easier to turn those negative thoughts around quickly to a positive thought.

have a good day chicky
xoxo

ps - Hope you received my email :D .

thanks bella, i did receive your email! i'm looking forward to send a loonnnnng reply over the weekend hehe

i totally agree. it took me a long time to realise that it didn't matter how much i tried to change my diet & exercise but that if i didn't change my attitude & become more positive then it was never going to work. it's like it was the missing piece in the puzzle! i'm all impatient to get started reading the book - we were out for dinner last night & didn't get home till late & my trips on the train to & from work aren't really long enough. i've promised myself some reading time tonight though!

strawberry - it makes so much sense, doesn't it?! it's taken me ages to realise how much of a negative impact it's having on my attempts. i didn't even realise but i'd say to myself things like 'i'm already fat so it doesn't matter if i eat this" or even "i look like crap today, so fat" etc etc - and sure enough, i'd think i look horrible! i feel kinda slow that it's taken this long to work it out...d'oh!
Image
sassi
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: melbourne

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby sassi » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:43 am

feeling good today. went to the football yesterday & still had drinks but way less than usual. the other benefit of this is that we got home earlier & i got a better sleep. i just don't sleep well after i've been drinking (i usually only sleep for about 4 hours) & last night i slept for 9 hours. ahhhhh :)

had a rest day from exercise yesterday instead of today so will be doing some later!
Image
sassi
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: melbourne

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:57 pm

another positive effect 4 cutting back the booze. :)
User avatar
Strawberry
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby Booties » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:13 pm

ooooh 9hr sleep?? they rock don't they. Congrats on you not drinking as much, that is terrific :) Go You!

Ha ha don't worry about realising positive leads to positive and negative leads to negative hehe its taken me about 23yrs to figure that out :) But with this knowledge we can go far :) And I reckon you are doing great and your limitation on alcohol is tops :)

Keep it up matey hehe

Take Care

Rach
Image

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
User avatar
Booties
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:01 am
Location: Burpengary

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby sassi » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:19 am

thanks rach :)

yeah, i feel a bit slow off the mark, but i'm happy that i've reached this point now!!

i'm getting through the book & it's interesting - alot of it is common sense but sometimes you need it to be spelt out for you anyway!

i had a small light bulb moment on the weekend - i usually feel like at the end of a meal i need to be stuffed full so i don't get hungry again. it then occurred to me that it doesn't matter if i get hungry again - i can always have something else to eat and that i'm better off having a smaller meal where i'm satisfied at the end & then eat a healthy snack later on if i do get hungry again. argh. simple stuff really, hey? :lol:

got a copy of the jillian michaels dvd 30 day shred - it's a program split into three sections - i think you do 10 days of each level before moving on to the next. it's a 20-25 minute cardio, strength, toning workout that's designed to give you a bit of a power workout. did it this morning & it rocks - it's not easy at all (goodness knows what level 2 & 3 will be like!) but it just means pushing yourself (rather than difficult moves). i'm going to give it a shot - i won't do it on tuesdays because i go to the PT before work but i'm going to give it a shot at least 5 times a week :)
Image
sassi
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: melbourne

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 pm

sassi wrote:
i had a small light bulb moment on the weekend - i usually feel like at the end of a meal i need to be stuffed full so i don't get hungry again. it then occurred to me that it doesn't matter if i get hungry again - i can always have something else to eat and that i'm better off having a smaller meal where i'm satisfied at the end & then eat a healthy snack later on if i do get hungry again. argh. simple stuff really, hey? :lol:

i'm the same! it's something i have 2 work on - i eat so quick i don't feel the fullness & have a bigger serving till i feel that full feeling. its not like i'm going 2 starve if i don't feel that stuffed feeling & by eating a smaller serving & a healthy snack b4 bed u save on kj's.

sassi wrote:got a copy of the jillian michaels dvd 30 day shred - it's a program split into three sections - i think you do 10 days of each level before moving on to the next. it's a 20-25 minute cardio, strength, toning workout that's designed to give you a bit of a power workout. did it this morning & it rocks - it's not easy at all (goodness knows what level 2 & 3 will be like!) but it just means pushing yourself (rather than difficult moves). i'm going to give it a shot - i won't do it on tuesdays because i go to the PT before work but i'm going to give it a shot at least 5 times a week :)

this sounds good! what equiptment do you need & where did u buy it from?
User avatar
Strawberry
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby Indi3 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:02 pm

SOunds like your on a roll!

I watched that Jamie Oliver program called "eat to save your life" and i learnt something interesting which might help with that full feeling.. they said that the Jaw has an elastic band thingy which monitors chewing and sends a message to the brain to tell you when your full. I havnt managed to remember this everytime i've eaten but its something scientific and logical enough for me to eventually instill. Just imagining it makes sense to me!

Hope that helps!

Indi :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:51 am
Location: Sydney

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Hey Sassi

just been reading through your thread and you have received so much sensible and clever advice - this forum rocks big time! :D Glad you've found a book that can help you with positivity. I'm into the Gabriel Method at the moment, which is also about turning your head around. It comes with a visualisation CD which you listen to as you're going to sleep, and it is full of positive reinforcements to get you programmed to lose weight easily and naturally.
I'm finding it very effective at the moment - I am feeling very energised and positive.

You will get there - small steps and I really like your lightbulb moment about not having to be stuffed full at the end of a meal. Jon Gabriel emphasises how important protein is, particularly at breakfast and earlier in the day rather than later - I have really noticed that I am not hungry at all but also not feeling stuffed full when I have good protein at breakfast and lunch.

Keep it going girl!

Lisa xx
Image

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
User avatar
wilmawalrus
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:32 am
Location: Tempe, NSW

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:28 am

wilmawalrus wrote: Jon Gabriel emphasises how important protein is, particularly at breakfast and earlier in the day rather than later - I have really noticed that I am not hungry at all but also not feeling stuffed full when I have good protein at breakfast and lunch.



Lisa, like egg, milk & cheeses 4 breakfast or like a meat product?
this makes sense when i do eat fish or chicken 4 dinner it leaves me filling full till dinner & i can still feel it in the morning.
User avatar
Strawberry
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:55 am

Strawberry wrote:this sounds good! what equiptment do you need & where did u buy it from?
i got it online - don't know if it's in shops here yet (it only came out a few months ago) but places like amazon have it :)

you don't need much - you use weights but you could easily use an alternative like cans if you don't have any. i was reading some reviews online & people were using .5-1kg weights. after i did the first session with my 3kg weights, i realised why they were using the lighter ones! i scaled back to some cans this morning but might pick up some 1kg weights on the weekend. otherwise i might just push on with the 3kg ones (but OUCH!)

i use my exercise mat as well but if you're on carpet, you don't really need one :)
Image
sassi
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: melbourne

Re: bringing sassi back

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:00 am

wilmawalrus wrote:Hey Sassi

just been reading through your thread and you have received so much sensible and clever advice - this forum rocks big time! :D Glad you've found a book that can help you with positivity. I'm into the Gabriel Method at the moment, which is also about turning your head around. It comes with a visualisation CD which you listen to as you're going to sleep, and it is full of positive reinforcements to get you programmed to lose weight easily and naturally.
I'm finding it very effective at the moment - I am feeling very energised and positive.

You will get there - small steps and I really like your lightbulb moment about not having to be stuffed full at the end of a meal. Jon Gabriel emphasises how important protein is, particularly at breakfast and earlier in the day rather than later - I have really noticed that I am not hungry at all but also not feeling stuffed full when I have good protein at breakfast and lunch.

Keep it going girl!

Lisa xx
hey lisa

thanks so much for posting & the encouragement, i really appreciate it :)

yeah, some awesome advice - it's like i know what i need to do, but sometimes you're so involved in it that you need other people to remind you!!

i'm a big fan of protein - i often try to have a protein shake for morning tea, but i've been a bit slack with that recently!

am on a mission to do the 30 day shred (jillian michaels) - i'm going to do the 10 days at each level, which will actually be over 11 days because i'm going to skip it on tuesdays when i have my pt session.

did the dvd on monday & this morning and had my pt session yesterday. feeling really tired already today even though i slept for about 7.5 hours last night. think i'm just getting to used to doing more regular intense exercise :)
Image
sassi
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: melbourne

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

cron