It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:53 am

Free Newsletter

I really need help

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

I really need help

Postby emilyb » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi guys!
I'm new to all this and i'm really hoping it helps me finally loose weight because I have only been trying for the last 2 years!
I'm 17 nearly 18years old, about 161cm and currently weigh 58kg
I really really really want to lose 10kg and weigh 48kg at my formal which is in 3 months!
Does anyone have any tips, I would really appreciate hearing anything!!!

Em x
emilyb

Re: I really need help

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:36 pm

You may not appreciate hearing what I have to say I'm afraid Em! Depending on your fat percentage you are a healthy weight now and I would definitely not recommend you lose as much weight as you want to. At 161cm 48 kilos would make you underweight so it's not something anyone here would recommend.

How much exercise do you normally do? You may find that toning exercise would be sufficient if you want to look a bit firmer. If you want to drop a couple of kilos in a healthy fashion then resistance and weight work would be helpful in both burning more fat and gaining muscle.

Given that you're already a healthy weight and want to drop to an unhealthy weight I would recommend against counting calories or meal replacements or anything like that. I would be scared that you would go overboard and lose the weight in an unhealthy fashion. If you really want to lose some weight please talk to your GP, a dietitian or a personal trainer. They are qualified to give advice and they'd have more of an idea of what would be healthy for you than anonymous strangers on a weight loss forum!

I really hope you enjoy your formal. And take it from an oldie (34). Even if you don't lose any weight when you look back at those photos in ten years time you're going to be amazed at how great you looked! I spent my entire teen years convinced I'd look better if only I were a dress size smaller. Now I look back at photos and I could kick myself. I was thin. I was good looking. But I spent all my time fretting that I wasn't good looking enough and not enjoying what should have been the best years of my life. Don't waste your time like that! I'll guarantee you're utterly gorgeous as you are.

Good luck.
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Re: I really need help

Postby Tarz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Ali has said exactly what i was thinking. Good luck
Tarz

Return to Personal Progress