It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:41 am

Free Newsletter

Cherry is on her way

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Cherry is on her way

Postby cherry847 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi All! I've been debating whether or not to post anything at all but I figured I may as well if others can relate!

I guess since this will all be about me :D I will say a little about myself....

I lost a total of almost 10kg last year for my wedding. I had been trying to lose weight for years without really putting any effort in so basically was just me whinging. Then I realised this will be the biggest occassion of my life and if I can't get my butt into gear for this I will be so ashamed at my lack of self discipline. So I enrolled my sis and we got together and dieted and exercised to the point where I actually got a little obsessed, but I did it! I even went to the gym on my honeymoon if you can believe it :roll:

So then the end of the year happened, Christmas, New Year's and all of a sudden the kilos started appearing which made me miserable after all the hard effort I'd put in.... so I started eating more because I was annoyed at myself. Fortunately I didn't get too out of control before I tried to get back on track and managed to stay at a weight I can live with, if not happy about. So my current goal is to get to 57kgs, although would like to get to 55kgs after that. I would like to achieve this by the end of August as I have a big party and a wedding to go to and I seem to work well to event deadlines!!! I currently weigh 60.1kg according to the scales this morning. I know it's not a huge amount to lose but these ones always seem the hardest to budge, I always seem to plateau around this weight which is so frustrating!

So I will be rambling here about how I'm going. I figured Monday was a great day to start! Especially because I had an appalling weekend food-wise and ate a total of about 7 different kinds of cake, including cake for lunch :oops:

But so far so good...... I've exercised for 40 minutes this morning, had weetbix with lite soy milk and a lite soy milk and equal coffee for breakfast, then the world's biggest tuna salad for lunch..... but the day is only half over! It's just such a constant battle!

Anyway thanks for reading if anyone has (or could be bothered reading all that!) :lol:
This week's goal... control portion sizes!
cherry847

Re: Cherry is on her way

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Hi & Welcome to the forum Cherry. Good luck with your goals & I look forward to reading your progress.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby B'sgirl » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi Cherry & welcome!

I too am trying to lose the weight that I had painstakingly lost last year, finally getting to 59kg before blowing out to nearly 66kgs! :oops:
So now I'm back trying to get the kgs off again. Goodluck & I hope to read your progress.

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Strawberry » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Hiya & welcome Cherry. I can relate to the lost weight last year & regaining it. Is your goal to get down to 50kgs?
Strawberry

Postby cherry847 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:11 pm

Thanks for the comments guys! It's great to be somewhere that you can talk about weight non-stop and not have people get bored or judge you! So thanks for the support :D

Hi Strawberry, my goal is to get to 55kg eventually, but I think I would be pretty happy at 57kgs as I don't think I would be able to live the kind of strict lifestyle I would have to in order to get to 55kgs if you know what I mean? For example I eat really healthily but I love my treats and I figure that life is too short to be miserably watching others have a bikkie while I just sit and watch :D

I find weightloss particularly difficult because I'm already quite active and I dont' think it would be good for me to increase the amount of exercise I do, and if I try to cut calories I get soooooooooooo hungry! I tried doing the Calorie King food diary for awhile which was really good to learn portion sizes and things like that, but I got a bit obsessed with the calorie count in everything and ended up starving myself half the time because I couldn't eat to what my body wanted because I was being so strict. So now I have laid the book aside for the time being and am trying to learn to listen to my body, but still making healthy choices.

So today so far.....

2 Weetbix with 1/3 cup lite soy milk and 1/3 cup water, with a sprinkle of sugar
1/2 cup of tea with lite soy milk and sugar

Lunch was a bread roll with butter :oops: and a can of vegetable and barley soup. I think I may have eaten 2 serving sizes but I DON'T CARE!!!!! :lol:

Had a personal training session last night and did boxing which was really fun, then got up and went on the bike at the gym for 35 mins this morning, and going for a run tonight... I'm on week 4 of the C25K so this week it starts to pick up and I'm not sure how I'll go!

Have a great day everyone! And also how beautiful is Sydney weather at the moment! Just wanting to go and lie in the sun...
cherry847

Postby cherry847 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:13 pm

Oh forgot to mention my weight this morning was 59.7kg, I think yesterday may have been due to the insane amount of food I put away on the weekend...... had a wedding and birthday on the same day so I will use 59.7 as my starting weight
cherry847

Postby Moonie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:20 pm

Hey welcome Cherry!
I think we can all relate to losing and then gaining! Ur already soo active I wish I could do that much...wow!
Best of luck on ur journey look forward to hearing more from u!

Madison
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9Aku8C/]
no more binge eating!
Moonie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:23 pm

Welcome to the forum Cherry! It's good that you're listening to your body and not obsessing over calories. I too had problems with Calorie King because I tended to overestimate the amount of calories I was eating and ended up hitting a plateau because I went into starvation mode.

Good luck! I'm sure with your sensible approach you'll get to your goal weight very quickly.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby cherry847 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Thanks Ali and Madison!

I've never been very active, in fact the complete opposite.... I used to be the kid at school who would forge notes to get out of PE classes... but then I started doing exercise I actually enjoyed instead of being forced and now I really enjoy being outside (especially with friends and family) just moving around instead of slowly decomposing in front of the tv like I used to! I also love the rush you get after you finish a workout and realise you reached a new level or you know you've just worked really hard, maybe cos I've always been lousy at sports or something....!

And Ali I know exactly what you mean, I was overestimating everything because I got paranoid that there were calories in everything that I couldn't find so I would just add more to my daily count, which led to me plateauing and much frustration!

Didn't get to go for C25K last night as work had dramas at 5:30 (why??!?! why does it only happen at the end of the day?!?! :evil: ) so went home and had half an apple, some Korma and brown rice and a Nestle Diet chocolate mousse which was exactly what I felt like on a cold night... hopefully will get to do it tonight but my parents are going to Bali for a few days so I might have to drive them to the airport. I am so jealous but they deserve a holiday so I'm glad they're able to get away!

Also I found a couple of tips I don't know if anyone is interested who is reading this but always happy to share any new knowledge! If you're like me and love your Thai curries but don't want to have the coconut milk or cream or even the coconut flavoured evaporated milk, you can add a couple of drops of coconut essence to non-fat milk to add the flavour without the excess calories! (I loooooooooooooooove to cook and try new recipies so if I find anything I always like to spread the word!)

Also my PT told me that if you're drinking water but seem to just flush it out straight away, adding a tiny pinch of salt (you shouldn't be able to taste it) will help your body to absorb the water.

But anyway I'm just rambling now! So hope everyone is having a great day!
cherry847

Postby lng86 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:32 pm

Welcome to the forum and best wishes for your weight loss journey.

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby cherry847 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:43 pm

Thanks Lauren!

Ok, getting ready for first weigh in tomorrow morning.... well, first 'official' one anyway since i always tend to just jump on them whenever I walk past. I really need to stop doing that! Feeling a bit apprehensive because often nothing changes for me within the first week and I end up feeling depressed because I've tried so hard and nothing has happened. So I'm debating whether to wait until next Saturday when I will have had 2 weeks of changing my diet.

Although this weekend will be hard, I always binge on the weekends because I figure 'hey I'm relaxing' so of course it means I go for the naughty food..... I know I can go without it because I've done it before, but then at the end of the weekend I kind of feel like I've missed out or something - does anyone else get that? Especially when it's raining and I'm inside with a movie and a blanket...

But I have an event in 3 weekends time that I have a new dress for, bit clingy so if I haven't lost some by then it will be off to Target to get one of those body shapers! Hopefully the thought of the dress will be enough to kick my butt whenever I want to binge though :D

So I'll see how I go this weekend... hope everyone has an amazing weekend!! Will try to get my c25k in tonight (again!) and go bike riding.... if it stops raining!
cherry847

Postby Sas » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Welcome Cherry!

I was similar to you... I had to loose weight for my wedding (basically got injured after I bought my dress and couldn't do any running for 4 months and packed on some kg's). It was great motivation but then after the wedding I put it all back on plus more! :roll: Sounds like a deadline is a good way to keep you motivated hun. Keep up the good work and good luck with your 1st official weight in! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby cherry847 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Well I decided to weigh myself on Saturday.... and it came to 59.6 which is only 10g less than last week, and that could be attributed to water weight or anything. So I got depressed and ate my way through the rest of the weekend eating anything and everything I could and this morning woke up feeling horrible, bloated and disappointed in myself. :cry:

I also weighed myself to see the damage I managed to do in 2 days and I weighed 60.8, which means I managed to put on over a kilo. Why is it so easy to put on but so hard to work off?

I've started the day off well, did c25K (week 4) this morning, plus one extra 'circuit' so totalled about 45 mins on the treadmill, had weetbix and soy milk & green tea for breakfast, banana for a snack and just had vegetable soup and a piece of wholemeal toast for lunch. Tonight's dinner is tuna salad as I have my training session tonight and don't feel like cooking when I get home. I also made some oat, pear and raspberry muffins yesterday and will probably eat one soon because I'm feeling down and want something sweet (I know exactly what I'm doing here too, emotional eating..........)

Bah Monday........... had a busy weekend and this week will be very busy too so won't be able to exercise like normal which already makes me feel like I haven't done enough even though the week has just started! I need to chill out a bit, I'm stressing myself out.....
cherry847

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:06 pm

I think it's really unlikely you managed to put on that much weight in so short a time. You were probably retaining water due to eating more processed foods and/or salt. The other thing to consider is that if you're near That Time of the Month you will probably retain water as well.

Losing 10g isn't a bad thing. At least your weight is going down! Remember weight loss isn't a short term fix. It's a lifestyle change towards a healthier you. The good news about that is that through sensible eating and exercise you'll be able to keep the weight off for the rest of your life. The bad news is you'll be able to keep the weight off for the rest of your life only through sensible eating and exercise! Whatever changes you make you need to stick to them forever. So while 10g loss may seem like the end of the world, it's not. It's practice towards maintaining.

It sounds like you've jumped back into your healthy living this week. Good on you! We all have slip ups. The key is figuring out why we resorted to food to cheer us up and using that knowledge to find alternative coping devices next time.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly this week. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:15 pm

cherry847 wrote:

Hi Strawberry, my goal is to get to 55kg eventually, but I think I would be pretty happy at 57kgs as I don't think I would be able to live the kind of strict lifestyle I would have to in order to get to 55kgs if you know what I mean? For example I eat really healthily but I love my treats and I figure that life is too short to be miserably watching others have a bikkie while I just sit and watch :D

i know what u mean. I'd love to weigh in the 50's but will be too hard 2 maintain. Its been 10yrs since i was anywhere near the mid-lower end 50's & with my hormone problems its unrealistic 4 me. I'm happy to reach a size 10 - thinking 60kgs should see me in the 10.

taking the pressure off has really helped me, oh & focusing 1 day @ a time. The great ladies on here have told me to stop berrating myself for something i can't change & 2 move on & learn from it - from them, to me, to you i say stop stressing about your weekend eating & focus on one day - it does make it so much easier to continue with it.
Strawberry

Next

Return to Personal Progress