It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Cherry is on her way

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Cherry is on her way

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:00 pm

It's funny how we always assume a low scale reading is wrong, but we never question it if it tells us we've gained a kilo!

Good luck with the move. It's a pity it will impact on your exercise, but it's one of those necessary evils we all have to go through. It sounds like you've got a great eating and exercise routine happening. I'm sure moving won't have as big an impact on your plans as you think!

Keep up the good work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby cherry847 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:28 am

EvilWombatQueen wrote:It's funny how we always assume a low scale reading is wrong, but we never question it if it tells us we've gained a kilo!

That is so true! I've never really thought about it that way.... had another weigh in on Saturday at 58.55 so I guess they're ok? But I had a SHOCKING weekend, went to visit family and I'm so embarrassed to write this here but I'm hoping that seeing it in front of me will shock me into stopping this horrible habit of eating well all week then gorging on the weekends.

So.... breakfast was toast with a LOT of nutella (it was white bread too!!! :oops: ) snack was a cup of tea, corn chips and an apple, didn't have "lunch", instead afternoon tea with.... gulp...... 2 pieces of fruit bun with icing and butter, 3 large pieces of sponge cake with strawberries & lots of cream, tim tams, chocolate wafer biscuits, got home and had so much sourdough bread with oil and vinegar, white rice and beef & red wine casserole, glass of wine, then finished off with some dove chocolates. I feel so horrible today, like I have a food hangover. I know I shouldn't have but I weighed myself this morning and I had gained a kilo which I'm hoping is bloating from all the sugar and carbs but I'm cleaning up my act this week because I'm so sick of sabotaging myself. My move has been postponed for a week as well so it's another week of living out of boxes, sigh.

Had a bit of a self esteem issue on the weekend where I left the house feeling good and then ended up feeling horrible like a giant next to everyone I was out with, then looked at myself in the mirror and realised I didn't look as good as I thought I did, got all embarassed and spent the rest of the night trying to cover my stomach with my arms. I really hate feeling that way so I'm determined to lose the weight!
So I jogged/walked for 40 mins this morning (about 400 cals), and a personal training session tonight.
B-weetbix, soy milk & green tea
S-cup of tea, maybe a couple of nuts if hungry
L-soup & 1 piece of toast
S-yoghurt
D-leftover casserole with brown rice
S-hopefully nothing, but if I'm desperately hungry I will have a boost bar ice cream (only about 70 cals)

That's the plan anyway.....
This week's goal... control portion sizes!
cherry847

Postby cherry847 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:44 pm

Just re-read my post, I sound like the biggest whinger!!!! Think it's a combo of getting down over the weekend, being Monday and cold and rainy... so sorry to whoever has just had to read all of the stuff I just wrote!
cherry847

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:38 pm

You're not the biggest whinger by any stretch of the imagination Cherry! We all get down once in a while and it's far better to vent than to bottle it up and make it last longer. An added benefit is that by reading it on the screen you can look at it a little more objectively. So I wouldn't say you were 'whingeing' but I would say that you were over-reacting and determined to look at everything from a negative viewpoint. It's a natural reaction if you're upset or stressed. But it's terrific that you can step back now and see that the problem was most likely not as big as you thought at the time. I'm sure you weren't a giant at all over the weekend!

Don't worry about the gained kilo. There's no way you'd gain that much fat in a weekend. As you said, the carbs are probably causing you to bloat a bit, plus you've probably retained water with eating less that healthy foods, and chances are a lack of fibre means most of that food is probably still in your system - all of which adds to the numbers on the scales! Once you start eating healthful foods again I'm sure the weight will drop straight off you.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby cherry847 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks Ali - you're always so full of support which is amazing so thank you so much for reading and responding to all the people you do on this forum :mrgreen:

I'm pretty tall I guess, not hugely tall but at 172cm I tend to stand over a lot of people which makes me feel like a bohemoth, especially since for some reason all my hubby's friends tend to date/marry tiny little petite girls and I feel so clumsy and oversized comapared to them. Plus my frame is just naturally bigger so when they talk about how much they weigh I know it doesn't really matter but since the gap between their weight and mine is so big I end up feeling like a hulking giant!!! :D

Weighed myself again this morning (just to moniter how the weekend binge is going) and the scales said 59.05kg when I had my pj's on, then 58.35 after I took my pj's off, then 58.65 after I had a shower! Methinks the scales are out but now I'm afraid of weighing myself on other scales in case I'm back in the 60's again because that will just ruin my motivation....
cherry847

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:33 am

At 172cm tall and 58kg I'd say you're closer to 'supermodel' than 'behemoth'! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:44 am

I've been reading through your thread cherry, and what are frozen mars bars and milky ways like?! Do they turn rock solid? Or are they tough and chewy or what? Fun sized milky ways i can just shove the whole thing in my mouth in the one go!!! Maybe freezing them will help. But I kind of imagine them as rock hard and that you'd have to suck on them like an icecream instead of eating them lol

58kg and your 172cm tall?! From my BMI calculations and all the BMI calculators i've seen, that would make you underweight. What weight are you trying to reach? Or are you just trying to maintain?
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby cherry847 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:02 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:At 172cm tall and 58kg I'd say you're closer to 'supermodel' than 'behemoth'!

Believe me, it sounds much better than I actually look! My husband has a lovely habit of coming past and grabbing my stomach and going "not long now!!!" which he thinks is hilarious.... I have yet to find the humour in this...... :?

whit3tig3y wrote:What weight are you trying to reach? Or are you just trying to maintain?

My goal weight is 57kg.... then I will maintain (I hope!). But now I'm trying to cut back on the exercise a bit and focus more on my diet because that's what is really going to make a difference for me.
But Whit, I have to tell you that frozen mars bars are AMAZING!!! I am such a chocoholic it is literally ridiculous how much of it I can eat and yet still crave more! I thought it would be a bit gross too because I remember doing it years and years ago and I ended up drooling all over myself because I was trying to shove it all in my mouth :shock: Which is why I started freezing them again because I do the same thing, just shove milky ways hand over fist into my mouth because they're so easy to eat! But they don't go rock solid, just a bit more solid and a little bit harder to bite (but without breaking your teeth), so you have to take smaller bites which makes it last waaaaaaaaaaaay longer. Genius! (on my sister's behalf!!)
cherry847

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Maybe you should try some toning exercises that target your stomache if you have a little "baggage" there. I don't think its weight as your already in the "underweight" category for your height. I also don't think its nice of your husband to do that to you when theres nothing wrong with how much you weigh etc.
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby cherry847 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:27 pm

I think you're right Whit, I do need some extra tummy exercises - I already have quite a strong core (pilates & fitball!) because I've had back problems (so needed to sort that out first) but I don't work on the outside muscles which could be my problem. I think I'll add some extra exercises into my workout tomorrow! I also bought a new exercise toy called a kettlebell. It seems pretty good to workout with, just using this one weight to do heaps of exercises with but I'll post how I'm finding it as I go, supposed to be great for toning and you can do it at home which is great.

WOOOOOOHOOOOO my purchases from Amazon just arrived! I know it's not really relevant to anything but I LOVE it when you buy stuff online then it arrives in the mail, it's like getting presents or getting stuff for free because I haven't actually had to hand my card over to someone else :D YAY! So excited!!!
cherry847

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:00 pm

i have the same body image issues u do & feel the same when standing amongst smaller girls than me. no matter how much weight u lose though its not going 2 make u feel any different, i've learnt because i've been smaller and bigger & back & bigger lol & i felt the same way - we just have 2 learn 2 like who we r as a person or so i hope lol.

i agree with the others - u are tall & should focus on building muscle, even though on the scale u will read heavier u will become smaller. Pilates & yoga is fantastic 4 tightening the core.
Strawberry

Postby cherry847 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I'm trying to do more toning with the kettlebell I bought, I usually do a 45 min weight session 3 times a week but bought the kettlebell to change it up so I don't get bored and work some different muscles, so hopefully that will be what I need! I haven't really used it yet because I've been out for most of this week and won't really be home until Saturday night when I need to pack house :( so probably won't feel like it but I'll let everyone know if it works if you want to try it!

Had a terrible night last night, was alone for most of it then had a fight with hubby when he got home so on top of a huge junk food dinner I ate a mountain of chocolate which made me feel so guilty. So I'm thinking that binge eating for me might be triggered by lonliness and anger???? :roll:

Today isn't a good eating day either, have been running around like crazy all day so I haven't managed to sit down and take a breather! I went to the gym and did toning and a bit of cardio for about 1 1/2 hours this morning (I am soooooooo tired from waking up so early but it's my own fault, slept through my alarm yesterday so I had to make up for it!) and tomorrow is another early start...... So far today:

B-weetbix, soy milk & water
S-1/2 skim latte
L-apple
S-cup of soup, bread roll with peanut butter
D- grrrrrrrrr probably takeaway as I won't be home until 9:30 tonight!

So bad I know!!

Hopefully won't have too much chocolate or lollies but it's hard when you're working late and there's nothing else around (and you're ready to eat your own arm!)

Anyway will hopefully have something more positive to report later - have a lovely Wednesday, only 2 days till the weekend!! :D
cherry847

Postby cherry847 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:18 pm

Wasn't too bad last night, I only had a piece of fruit cake and 4 jelly snakes as a snack before dinner, then I got basically force fed by my mother when I wasn't hungry because she seems to think that if I miss a meal I'll pass out :roll: So we went to the pub and I got grilled swordfish and a rocket salad (and grabbed a couple of chips off my mum's plate!) so it wasn't nearly as bad as it could be because I was dreaming of potato wedges before we got there!

Nothing really exciting today,

B-Apple Cinnamon crunchola with skim milk
S-1/2 skim latte
L-soup & bread roll
S-crumpet & honey
D-lamb & cous cous
S-dunno..... just feeling a bit blah today

I've also started adding diet cordial to my water as apparently my body doesn't absorb water that well which could explain my headaches.

Next week will be very frustrating as I will be eating out 4 nights because of moving and friend's birthdays but I am going to try and find healthy stuff wherever I can it's just so hard! Very frustrating to have stuff like that out of your control affecting your plan.
cherry847

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:37 pm

there are healthy choices out there - have subway one night, steamed rice & steamed veggies from ur local asian -stay away from deep friend & cream based thia dishes, italian: pasta with just tomato based sauce - watch the portion, fish & chip shop - u can ask them 2 grill the fish & get a garden salad 2 go from supermarket. There r so many healthy 'take-away' options.
Strawberry

Postby cherry847 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Thanks Strawberry, that's really good advice! Normally I just can't be bothered to go to any trouble if I'm already out for takeaway so I just eat whatever is handy. So for next week I will restrict it by steaming brown rice at home and bringing home stir fried veges and tofu from our local Thai takeaway, grilled fish and salad, and I am going out for Indian food for a friends birthday so will try to keep minimal cals during the day to make up for that. Plus will be moving so will hopefully burn off some additional calories lifting boxes, etc, although to be honest haven't really been too much help so far!! :lol: Plus my husband is very chivalrous (sp?) and if he sees me lifting anything he sprints over and grabs it from me so not sure how that day will work out!!

Did a 45 minute kettlebell workout last night which was interesting, I don't think I'm doing it properly because i have bruises all over my arms now, ouch! It's fun though! Did another 50 minute weights program this morning and 30 mins jogging/walking and burnt off (I'm guessing?) 350 cals on the treadmill plus whatever you would do with weights, I'm going out for a friend's farewell tonight so that allows me to have a drink and snack without feeling too guilty about it. I've jumped on the scales this morning and have pretty much just maintained my weight from last week so I hope I'm not reaching a plateau but I think I have grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I just got out of one!!!!! Makes me SO annoyed! I know it's silly but I just want to see those numbers on the scales because I have worked so hard to get down here I want that sense of achievement so I can say that I set myself a goal and I did it, then I can just maintain.....

Looking forward to the weekend, only a couple of hours to go! (well maybe a bit longer, I accidently took 2 hours for lunch today, oops!!! :shock: )
cherry847

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress