It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Cherry is on her way

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Cherry is on her way

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:45 pm

your food plan sounds great! U hit the nail on the head, its about making an effort 2 get/make healthier take away choices.
i'm going out 4 indian 2night too - i've never eat indian out b4 i always make my own healthy/low fat versions. I'm a bit worried about what 2 order hopeful we both make good choices.
enjoy your weekend.
Strawberry

Postby cherry847 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

I am very very frustrated with myself... I had so many good intentions this weekend and they all basically went out the window. I'm just so diappointed, I binged MAJORLY this weekend and am just so sick of my attitude... :evil:

Friday was ok, had just pasta for dinner, ate waaaaaaaaaaaay to much and then went to a bar for a friend's farewell. I drove a couple of people so all I had was 2 diet cokes at the bar but then all of a sudden I got the most horrific stomach cramps, we had to stop at a shop on the way home to get me some Mylanta because I thought that would help but it didn't so I was bent double in pain and I have absolutely no idea what caused it. So I barely slept all night because of the pain, then had to work on Saturday and felt completely nauseous so couldn't eat breakfast but was so tired I knew I should get something to take with me.... started to feel better in the afternoon but I ate so much sugary junk it was ridiculous. And the same thing yesterday, I got hungry but because everything was packed away for our move there wasn't really anything available except chips, biscuits, chocolate and popcorn and I ate so much of it, felt horrible then went out to the pub for dinner and had more fried food!

I'm so sick of being "good" all week or during the day then getting home and just bingeing on junk food. It makes me feel horrible about myself, makes me feel sick and is obviously not helping my weight loss goal. I keep trying to remind myself what I will feel like after I eat it all but I don't care at the time.

This week we're finally moving which is great but very stressful the way it's all worked out, and now the husband has to go interstate for the next 4 days so arrives back home the night before we move which leaves me to my own devices which is never good! I think I'll go visit my mum and sister those nights so I have some company and distraction.......otherwise I'll just continue eating horrible junk food because there's noone around and I'll feel like it doens't count if I do it in secret... I hope that when we move I will feel more settled and have the motivation to carry the right kind of eating through my whole life instead of just when I'm at work or whatever.
This week's goal... control portion sizes!
cherry847

Postby cherry847 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:31 pm

Note for me.... starving myself after a binge does not make up for it!!!!!!

Just ate 2 tim tams & cup of tea. Still hungry and I have training tonight, then my grandmother made some traditional pastries (full of butter and cheese) plus a giant pasty pie for dinner and sent it over which my mum will serve with mashed potato and veges, and I know I could just fill up on the veges but I want the pastry. It is so good but I just feel so gross right now. I think I'm going to have to write this week off and then start my new (motivated) healthy eating plan next week. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......... :roll:
cherry847

Postby Jisgone » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:59 pm

keep your chin up :) its only monday, far too early to write the whole week off!
jump back on the wagon from right now, not after dinner or after dessert every time u put it off it will take u longer to get back into things
stop yourself before it becomes a week long binge
Jisgone

Postby Nay » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Oh my god, I have just read your whole progress blog and its like reading my own diary!!!!! You have all the same habits/routines/attitude towards food, exercise and diet/weakness to chocolate as me!!!

We even have similar weight loss goals...interesting!

Anyhoo, good luck and I shall continue to keep up with your progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby cherry847 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks for the positive reinforcement guys. If it wasn't for this forum I know I would certainly be boring the pants off whoever happened to be around when I was feeling down and I wouldn't get this kind of encouragement either! :D

Ate soooooooooooooo much pastry last night but it was so delicious. I didn't have any dessert which was a good thing but I was so full I think even if I did it would have just sat in my mouth because there was no room left for it to go! I'm trying to get myself in a better frame of mind by pushing myself past my barriers. I got up and went to the gym this morning (which was such a struggle!!! :roll: ) and did 45 mins of walking/running which made me feel like I had at least helped towards burning off the weeks worth of calories I consumed last night! I know I can't workout Wednesday night, Thursday morning or Friday so will work out again tonight and then hopefully get up early enough to do some cardio and strength tomorrow morning. Moving will be a bit hard because we have a gym in the building I live in at the moment but the place we're moving to doesn't really have much, not sure if they even have weights or treadmills so my whole regime will have to be changed. I just hope I can keep the motivation to work out at home, normally if I'm at home there's too many distractions.

I just feel so unsettled! I don't like it at all, it's throwing me off.... :(
cherry847

Postby Strawberry » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:12 am

u'll get a new routine going, that's the easy part now starting....do u think if u make an appointment in ur dairy to go 2 gym 3 times a week u'll stick 2 it? make it as important as any other appointment so u can't skip it. U can do it!
Strawberry

Postby Tarz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi Cherry i have just been reading up on how your doing, well done so far, when you get into your exercise you do alot which is great. You have gone through a big change in the past month from what i could see, you have gone from not exercising to much and weighing your self too much to being more consious of what your eating. I know what you mean about how yummy pastry is, its why i like to have pies etc but i learnt something from Ali on how to stop overdoing it when you have something yummy in front of you. Its not the last time you'll ever have it, And you won't feel as good when you overeat it. Also i just wanna back track to a month ago when you went to mcdonalds and had the mcflurry, i may be able to turn you off mcdonalds ice cream (well it worked for me) The urban legend that it is made with pigs fat. COmplretely turned me off it. Don't know if its true or not.
Don't complketely right yur week off, you can do a lot less damage to your diet if you just soldier on the next day eating right then if you turned around and said well i have stuffed it this week anyway.
Tarz

Postby cherry847 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 am

So true Tarz, overeating and bingeing on food doesn't actually make it taste better, I guess my attitude (which is very poor at the moment!) is like "well you've started now and you know you're not supposed to be having that so you better just get as much in as possible now so you will have the memory when you're being good!" which is so bad!!! :oops:

I had another 2 tim tams yesterday afternoon, then a giant plate of pasta bake, a boost bar, and a lot of peanut M&Ms...... I did do a bit of a half hearted kettlebell workout which doesn't make up for it at all but it did make me feel better! I just can't seem to get the motivation back..... plus just realised is almost TTOTM which is just great, I seemed to have gained a kilo over the past few days and was wondering why but now I know. Unless my feasting has made me put on weight, but I'm not going to weigh myself for 2 weeks until I'm back to normal.

So today I am hoping this is how my food will go. I did a 45 minute weights program today, then did about 40 minutes of cardio although not very hard because my legs were pretty tired!
B-weetbix, skim soy milk & water, tsp honey & cup of tea with skim milk & sugar
S- apple or yoghurt
L- soup & piece of wholemeal toast (no topping)
S- hopefully yoghurt, probably tim tams as they are sitting on my desk and I can feel them staring at me.... :shock:
D- not sure, whatever mum makes. Would like to say a small portion but chances are it will be a double portion because she is a great cook and I'm not used to not having to cook! But will try and restrain myself.
S- frozen mars bar

I would like to start checking my calories with calorie king when I get my book back, don't want to follow it though as I get a bit obsessed. I just feel like I need some kind of dietary structure..... I did read something about Dr John Tickell (sp?), anyone tried it??
cherry847

Postby Strawberry » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:36 am

Hi cherry, if the tim tams are too tempting throw them out! how can you resist temptation if its staring at you in the face? you can't do too much damage if you watch your portion size. hope u win the battle with the tim tams. have a great day.
Strawberry

Postby Tarz » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:53 am

Strawberry wrote:Hi cherry, if the tim tams are too tempting throw them out! how can you resist temptation if its staring at you in the face?

STrawberries right, throw them away or do something to them so you won't want to eat them. If you haven't got the will power to not eat them then dont tempt yourself with them. Good luck
Tarz

Postby cherry847 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Thanks for your advice guys! I didn't throw them out because they were someone else's but I did move them so I couldn't see them or get to them easily which worked!

Last night I ate ok, I was pretty full but not to the point of exploding which is good! Then had about 4 strawberries dipped in yoghurt, a fun size mars bar and a handful of peanut m&ms.... not too much and my food yesterday was pretty good so I don't think I went too overboard. Tonight is the last night before we move apartments and I am so stressed out, there is still so much that has been left to the last minute (not because of us, just through solicitors and things) and it's stressing me out, I feel all jumpy and nervous. There have been a couple of things that have already gone wrong and put some financial pressure on us which is really making me freak out and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.

Not to mention that I have an absolute truckload of stuff to do at work, hubby's birthday in 2 weeks, my birthday in 4 weeks, one of my best friends is moving to Melbourne next week and it is also her birthday, and a wedding next weekend! EEK!!!! :shock:

I am also a bit miserable because last night my sister showed me some pics that were taken at my wedding and I was so much slimmer and more toned than I am now! What happened!?!?! I mean I had biceps! BICEPS! And I just look at myself now and wonder how on earth I went from that to what I look like now..... sigh. Not a happy camper right now.....

Sorry to be such a misery guys.... :roll:
cherry847

Postby cherry847 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:20 am

I have finally moved!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Moving is so stressful I have told my husband that we now have to live in this place for the rest of our lives because I never want to move again. Unless we pay someone else to pack everything, move it, then unpack everything..... :lol:

So I'm feeling more positive at the moment, my sister and I have decided to set ourselves a challenge.... to set a halfway goal for October 30th (no particular reason just seemed like enough time!) and then to reach our ultimate goal by Christmas. My ultimate goal is only 500g less than my maintenance weight goal simply to allow room to enjoy the holiday season within reason without freaking out about putting on a little bit of weight.

I didn't wake up and exercise this morning because I was just too exhausted from spending 3 days moving but I'm going to my trainer tonight and will try to go a bit earlier and have a jog or something for 20 mins or so beforehand just to do something. I have removed pretty much all the junk food from the house and have planned lovely healthy dinners and meals for the week. Well, when I say 'removed' the junk food I mean I ate before we actually moved so I could have a clean start ha ha :lol:

But now I am set to reach my goal which is 57kg, I weighed myself this morning and was 60.1kg which means I have put on weight in the past few weeks but I am determined to lose it and also gain back muscle because I want to lose fat not toning. I can totally do this!!! And when we do our reward is a massage and a facial which I am very much looking forward to!!

So that's it from me lovely ladies (and guys if there's any reading this) so I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend!
cherry847

Postby Tarz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:32 am

Moving can be so stressful! I am not looking forward to moving, i told my fiance that when we move it will be to our own home that we own and will not move again. We are in a top floor apartment so the idea of taking everything down scares me. I decided if we move we will throw everythig over the balcony, whatever survives the fall we shall keep, what ever doesn't well new furniture :lol:
Thats great that you and your sister have set yourselves a challange. You will definately enjoy the massage and facial at the end.
Tarz

Postby cherry847 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Tarz wrote:I decided if we move we will throw everythig over the balcony, whatever survives the fall we shall keep, what ever doesn't well new furniture

Ha ha that cracked me up! It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate without even realising, I've started to throw things out because I just can't be bothered trying to find spaces for them :D

Not much happening today, it's very cold at the moment so it's very hard to try and go outside to do exercise since i don't have access to a gym anymore :(

But I didn't have ANY chocolate yesterday so I'm very proud of myself! I had soup for dinner and some watermelon for dessert.

So for today....
B- 2 weetbix, 1/3 cup lite soy milk and some water, sprinkle of sugar & green tea
S- diet cordial and water (about 10 cals maybe?)
L- vegetable soup
S- apple or yoghurt, maybe a WW bar too if I'm that hungry!
D- baked chicken wings & drumsticks, salad
S- watermelon, strawberries

Hope I can stick to it!
cherry847

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress