It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Cherry is on her way

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Cherry is on her way

Postby Strawberry » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:02 pm

glad u survived the move.
you are so close 2 your goal weight - you'll definitely achieve it by christmas.
Strawberry

Postby cherry847 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Been so good these last couple of days! I have had NO chocolate, I'm so proud of myself! I read this great article, link posted below (not sure if I'm allowed to post links or not) about constant splurging and our attitude and I tried putting it into practice and it really works! I saw some amazing looking chocolate muffins this morning and although I was so tempted to get one I just told myself, "I can still have it tomorrow. In fact if I really wanted to I could have one every single day for the rest of my life." Which really made me think hey well if I can have it tomorrow I can hold out till another day. And I walked away! I probably didn't write that properly with the whole thought process thing but anyway if anyone gets a chance to read the article I found it really interesting.

http://www.self.com/livingwell/articles ... 721brownie

I have been abnormally hungry though and have been fighting the urge to eat everything I can get my hands on, just TTOTM unfortunately! So I've been keeping only healthy stuff around me to eat so I don't go crazy. I've also decided ahead of time my cheat meals, when they are and what they will be for this week so I don't end up having a whole cheat weekend like I normally do! Going shopping tonight so I'm looking forward to stocking up on lots of healthy foods to keep me going this week.

Exercise has been difficult because I've been either doing it at home or going for a walk/jog outside, but I just don't feel like I'm getting the same workout because I don't have as many weights to use and I can't track the speed/calories burnt which is frustrating because I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere..... will have to work on that! :roll:
This week's goal... control portion sizes!
cherry847

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:13 pm

Thats a really good article, thanks for sharing it :) And good luck with loosing weight and implementing a new way of thinking about food in general
:) Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby cherry847 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:02 pm

No worries! :D

Well this weekend was pretty good with food considering how I normally eat! Didn't get any exercise done as I was running around unpacking boxes, had a wedding to go to, couldn't be bothered, etc etc so that's no good but I still ended up being quite good. I've decided that instead of having a cheat day I can have 3 cheat meals which I'm going to plan beforehand so I know exactly when I'm going to have them and I can look forward to them without feeling deprived.

So, Saturday was great:
B- porridge with cinnamon and honey
L-large tuna salad
S- 1 piece chocolate cake, I scotch finger biscuit, 2 cups of tea (had rellies over for afternoon tea, made a chocolate cake and only ate 1 piece! There's still some sitting on the bench at home and haven't touched it, YAY!)
D-homemade burritos with beef, heaps of black beans, capsicum, avocado, salsa, tiny sprinkle of cheese and small dollop of lite sour cream, spoonful spanish rice and lettuce on mountain bread x 2
S- orange & mango diet cordial. The burritos filled me up so much that I wasn't hungry, but still wanted something sweet so the cordial helped my sweet tooth and gave me some extra hydration!

Sunday.... weighed in..... at 58.1kg?!?!?! Huh?????? I mean I guess my scales are correct but I don't know how this is possible. According to them I weigh less than I did at my smallest last year and yet my clothes aren't loose at all or anything. This also means I would have lost around 1.5 kg in the past couple of weeks which I just don't think is right. But anyway I'm going to start measuring myself now because my scales are weird. :roll:

So now onto the next part of my plan, I am going to start playing squash once a week to up my cardio with something fun! I was planning on getting up and doing some cardio this morning but after a wedding last night the food made me so sick, didn't eat that much and I tried to eat 'safe' foods because I have got food poisoning from the same venue before but I still got it! Woke up at 2am and was almost sick, took some mylanta and sat up until the nausea subsided a bit but needless to say I didn't sleep very well and was too tired and ill to start jumping around doing aerobics this morning. I have training tonight anyway so will still get some exercise.
cherry847

Postby cherry847 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:04 am

Well this week has been pretty difficult, I've been out every single night so far and won't have a night at home till next Tuesday which hasn't done much for my stress levels! I just have heaps to do and not much time to do it in. And over the next couple of days I will be in situations where I can't really control food, eg, tonight I have a friend's farewell :cry: , Friday is hubby's birthday :D but I also have a funeral that day as well :cry: and I don't want to emotionally eat on those days which will be hard. I just hope I can keep it together, it's been a sad week so far.....

On a positive note I have been feeling so ugly lately that I finally decided that instead of waiting for me to reach my goal to do something positive for myself I'm going to get my hair done. I'm a bit scared because I'm very fussy and I haven't tried this place before but hopefully I won't look like a scarecrow afterwards!
cherry847

Postby cherry847 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Well this weekend I wasn't exactly a model of good eating behaviour. Friday I had cereal for breakfast, a banana, then at the wake they had grilled fish, chips and salad so I ate about half my fish, 3 chips and some salad. Although I did eat a bread roll slathered with butter, handfuls of peanuts and heaps of jatz crackers which would explain me not finishing my lunch. Then they brought out huge fruit platters and if there's one thing that I love, it's fruit platters. I just love fruit cut up in pieces for me especially fruits like pineapple, watermelon, etc... so I ate heaps of that. I was also quite emotional so I just kept eating to make myself feel better.

Then went out for mexican for hubby's b'day, but I got tacos that you put together yourself so I didn't put any sour cream or cheese on them so it wasn't too bad. Then had a WW double chocolate pudding and some low fat ice cream. Saturday and Sunday weren't too bad for the majority of the day, except I ate a ridiculous amount of fruit on Sunday afternoon - like a punnet of strawberries, a huge bunch of grapes and a whole quarter of a watermelon...eek..... then had a birthday dinner for hubby again with family which I won't even go into but let me just mention the strawberry cream mousse cake..... sigh. I'm never going to reach my goals if I keep doing this! It's so frustrating. But this week I will try to keep up the exercise and try to control portion sizes. It won't be such an emotional week though so I will be able to settle things down.

I have to say though, after getting my hair done I feel so much better about myself. I felt like I didn't deserve to look nice because I wasn't my goal weight but that wasn't exactly helping me to feel good about myself so now I feel much better! Even my husband has commented about how I look really nice now that I've gone and got this done so I'm happy :)

I've discovered that the next few weeks for me are going to be very stressful because I have so much on, will be working a lot of overtime and things like that. So I will have to try and keep things up over that time to make sure that I don't end up neglecting my exercise when we're so close to summer! I would hate for all my hard work to go to waste.
cherry847

Postby Mandie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 am

Sounds like your weekend wasn't too bad - splurging on fruit is MUCH better than splurging on chocolate! and you made some healthy choices like with the taco, I think you are well on your way, as your topic says!

It's great you got your hair done and you feel fab - so often we punish ourselves and think we don't deserve to look good until we lose the weight - but your life does NOT have to go on hold, and you can look great whatever weight you are - so spoil yourself! Things like haircuts and makeovers are awesome for making you feel great - which makes you wanna eat healthy and exercise, because you are happy!
Mandie

Postby cherry847 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:57 am

Thanks Mandie!

I ended up having a fun size mars bar last night and 2 cubes of marble chocolate...... after a huge stir fry, sharing some grapes and a punnet of strawberries and a tub of non fat yoghurt.... ooops :oops: and annoyingly I have put on weight these past few days. Is it possible that sometimes your body just won't let you lose any more weight? I still have a muffin top so I don't know what's up with that....... very frustrated and I want to go and eat junk in my depression but I'm trying to stay strong!!!
cherry847

Postby Strawberry » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:52 pm

if u keep going with it cherry u are bound to lose. try to aim for better eating days than not! every small thing counts. start changing small things, they lead to bigger things. depression & weight loss is hard maybe u need 2 focus on what's going on before u can tackle the weight loss issue?
Strawberry

Previous

Return to Personal Progress