It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Indi's Progress..

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Indi's Progress..

Postby Indi3 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi.. I'm new.. i thought this would be a good way to track my progress. Excersize and food all in one. Im not on a hard core plan .. just want to stay consistant.

I last weighed myself a few weeks ago and was about 80. I feel like im about 85 now. (buggggger if i am) .. hoping its my imagination. Want to be 70 and then less.
So far today:
B. Muesli / strawberries/ prunes / coffee
Mt Popcorn bar
L pumkin soup 2 x toast

Dinner: tofu vegi stir fry

Motivational tips & meal ideas welcome!

Indi :shock:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Re: Indi's Progress..

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Sounds like you've got a good plan going, Indi!

You mentioned that you want to include exercise but didn't outline any specifics. Have you got some cardio planned? What about resistance or weight work? If you're looking for tips I strongly recommend incorporating some muscle building exercise into your routine. Muscle burns more calories while resting than fat does so by increasing your muscle mass you increase your metabolism which helps you lose weigh faster. And don't worry about bulking up. Many women are scared of using weights because they don't want to look like Arnie Schwarzenegger. There is very little chance of that happening as women don't build bulky muscles as much as men. Muscle building also helps with toning which helps you look great when you lose the weight.

Good luck! I look forward to reading about your progress here.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi & welcome! This place is fantastic - i can tell you this: it becomes very addictive.
Your plan sounds good. This is what i'm doing: eating the foods i love: cooking kj & fat friendly versions & watching my serving size no more crazy dieting. Motivation: take it one day @ a time. YOU CAN DO IT! :mrgreen:
Strawberry

Postby shelbel » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:13 pm

Hello Indi and welcome to the world of personal progress! Having a plan is the best way to go, its gives you direction instead of just going at it willynilly!

Good luck with your goals and sing out if you have any questions!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Indi3 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:35 pm

Its true i should probably have some kind of plan, but i've always gone nuts over a plan and end up failing.. so if i can just maintain a few simple steps i'm more likely not to self sabotage with binging.

I was reading someones before and after pics "i suceeded just by walking 30 min per day and making healthy choices" .. thats kinda what i want to do.. i would also love to do the gym but without a car its hard to get to and the buses stop too early. So ill stick with walking for the moment.

Thanks for the support, Shelbel, Strawberry and Evilwombat... i checked out your progress pics (wombat and Shellbell) .. your looking hot! Evilwombat your an inspiration that you've taken your time to lose the kilo's .. not rushing into it. Your more likley to keep the weight off by making it a lifestyle change. (Strawberry, i havnt seen yours pics.. )

Thanks again! Indi :shock:
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:47 am

I'm relying on walking too, with a bit of biking & exercise dvds thrown in every now & then.

Indi3 wrote:(Strawberry, i havnt seen yours pics.. )

i'm only new on the forum too & don't have any up.
Strawberry

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:03 am

hi & welcome indi :)

i'm loving your relaxed approach - i totally agree that consistency is the key, being too extreme makes it too hard to keep going :)

looking forward to reading your progress.
sassi

Postby Indi3 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:51 pm

SHOCKER of a DAY!

Food wise.. not the best .. lets see (grrrr to being honet. ok , i can do it) .
BF muesli/ strawberries/prunes coffee
s popcorn bar
L vegie and boccocinni sandwich toasted
s kit kat, very large handfull of kettle chips, some prunes
D Chicken Stir fry with vegies and cashews (NO RICE)

And im still eating dinner so thats not the days intake just yet. Also glass of red at work.

No real excersize.. have spent all day waiting. Waiting in the doctors surgery for about an hour then missed the bus and had to wait for another hour .. all while freaking about about medical ailments that may impact my life quite considerably IF they are the worst case sinario that i THINK they are... hence ... anxiety and wanting to eat crap etc ..

However on a good note.. still havnt bought biscuits .. MAJOR GOAL.. i just know that if i buy them i eat them. ALL OF THEM. So now i dont buy them. Simple yet effective. Binging on Prunes is quite another story .. people think im being stand off-ish... well.. i'd rather they thought that than whats really going on .. hehe

Other glas i've managed to maintain are:
- no lollies (since last year!)
- regular coffeee (not large
- no sugar in coffee
- not buying biscuits

These smaller goals HAVE GOT TO ADD UP ! Right!? .. Yes,, i think so. They at least make me feel like i'm doing something good for me.

EvilWombatQueen has inspired me to do some morning yoga asanas. For a while, i would do 3 rounds of sun salutes first thing. Short and sweet and not daunting. I had the Yoga mat out in the lounge room continually so i could just stand there and stretch whenever i felt the urge. It really helped.. the yoga mat is still there but for some reason the yoga stopped. I think i got board with doing the same thing .. variety is the key.

Note.. one thing i find about streching is i hate feeling the rolls of fat EVERYWHERE and it makes me feel PHYSICALLY SICK and also double hate slef for being so INFLEXIBLE! Grrr

Okay, thats what im going to do tomorrow.. a few strectched PLus eat well and get a walk in. Thats SO NOT HARD. okay. I can do it.

Indi :evil:
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:55 pm

You're doing really well with those small goals. Good on you! And good on you for starting yoga again. Glad I won't be the only one twisting myself into knots every morning!

Keep up the good work. You'll be seeing great results in next to no time with all the changes you're making!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Indi3 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:55 am

Excellent: Last night had 2 mandarins after dinner and didnt even think about eating anything naughty after that and didnt even have a jarra hot choc.

WOOOHOOO!

YOGA.. YEP.. first thing i did this morning was a few yoga moves and stretches. Nothing to strenuous and only lasted a few minuites but thats all i planned and i enjoyed it. YAY! The day can only get better!
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:18 pm

between you & ali you have made me decide that i am definitely going to dig out a yoga book & do some yoga in the morning. i might copy your approach & start with some sun salutes & go from there :)

i think the smaller goals definitely add up - especially when they would all be having a positive impact on your health & weight like yours will :)
sassi

Postby Indi3 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:06 pm

Good on You sassi! Small steps = bigger picture.
And thanks for saying it will have a positive impact on health and weight.. i DO believe that but its nice to hear it from others too!

PS: Have worked from home today and managed to not eat entire contents of my cupboard or fridge. This site (although addictive) i think is really helping me to re-programme patterns. Just knowing people are going read my entries (i've written in journals for years) and able to read other peoples 'wins' and 'woe's', get advice and give advice is filling in the need to snack! Yay! :D :P
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:35 pm

Yaaayyyyy Im glad that everything is on track for you !!! You're sounding alot more happier and positive :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Indi3 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Thanks GodessInside.. this forum is really helping me!

Okay so todays progress..
BF Muesli / Strawbs/ Prunes/ Coffee
S Popcorn bar
L 2 x toast with little bit cheese and chicken
S Jarra Hot choc and 2 prunes
D Grilled fish with salad ... and chips... oop's but Sooo yummy!
S Mandarin

And.. didnt eat ALL of the chips.. thought, hmm.. not really hungry for them anymore so i threw the rest away.

Excersize.. 40 min walk. Yoga stretches in the morning.

Still on track.
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 am

Hi Indi

Just been reading your thread - you've got a great attitude going!

Yes, I'm into small goals - things like small coffees with skim milk and sweetener instead of the opposite, I know these things add up over time! One step at a time is my motto at the moment.

You're doing really well - keep it goin' gal!

Lisa x

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Next

Return to Personal Progress