It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:12 am

Free Newsletter

Indi's Progress..

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Indi's Progress..

Postby Strawberry » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:37 am

earth to indi :)
how are things going?
Strawberry

Postby Indi3 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:19 am

I'm here.. !!

Have been stuck in my head trying to make decisions about my life and future. I'm nearly there now though. Still have a few things to wait for so am not settled yet. Will feel much more settled when all is confirmed but i am feeling good vibes from it all.

If all goes to plan.. It will lead to a very healthy lifestyle .. (one of the jobs being in a gym and free membership for me).. so no excuses.. and the job itself is massage so just doing that will keep me fit. I am patiently waiting to here back from one of the massage centres . should here back today.

I'm excited but can't be too excited untll all is confirmed.

Money is still a concern for me and i had to pay for flights to Queensland for next weekend coz its my mum's 60th and i cant get out of going.. costing nearly $400! Not Impressed!

Very anxious and eating alot coz its my drug .. but if all goes to plan, my mums birthday will be the last piss up and the last weekend of naughtiness for a while.

Have a good day everyone.. I'll be back to let you know whats happening...

Indi x :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:25 am

Hey, Working at a gym!!! That would be so cool and I would be SO jealous :P I reckon it would be a great atmosphere to work in because all the people around you would be positive about health and fitness instead of bringing you down or encouraging you to eat junk, so I hope it goes really well for you :D

Love, Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Strawberry » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:36 am

Indi great news!
working in a gym environment will rub off for sure. here's to travelling a healthier road.
Strawberry

Postby Indi3 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:14 am

Thanks Guys.. yes, working in a gym will be really good.

And i have some GREAT NEWS ! .. I got the other job as well! I even had to trun one down. So nice to get a job just on personality, a certificate and haveing good hands.

So now i will be working mon and tuesday at the gym and wed, fri, sat, sun in a massage centre which is not far from me but is moving down the road form me in a couple of weeks. And thurdays I will be working for Simon .. so it does mean that i dont have a day off.

ANyway.. all good news from here.. i officially start in September, so just over a week away. I am looking forward to be able to say that i am a massage therapist and that is my job.

For so many years i would say "i work in insurance, but thats not really me.. im also a massage therapist.. but im not practicing".

No w i can be me! Yay!

On the food side of things.. right now, i have been eating for a family of 6! So much stress comes with wanting to follow your path and wanting something so much. Being tested on something you are qualified for and think your good at is SO stressfull! But SO rewarding when you get told by another practitioner who has been practicing for years that "you have great hands"... that made my day! I couldnt stop smiling all the way home!!

OKay.. i'll stop dribbling on. Im stll eating to filll the anxiety which i dont understand why i do that when i m trying to succeed.. something about not thinking im worth it and all that self worth stuff that comes up.

Hmm..

Indi :wink:
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:23 am

indi you sound so happy in your post! congratulations for getting the jobs in the industry u wanted. i do the same thing - eat when anxious. i've been eating like a piggy this past week too TOM is driving me nutty.
take this week to relax & enjoy time off before u begin all your jobs. how awesome have free gym membership what a bonus & incentive.
have a great day.
Strawberry

Postby Mandie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:26 am

congratulations on your jobs! sounds like you're going to be busy busy - but at least you will enjoy your work! :)
Mandie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:05 pm

So glad to hear about your new job. That's great news Indi!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hippy_chick » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Hey Indi -

Just got back from holiday and came to check in. Where are ya woman?!

How's the new job going?

How's the diet going.... just wondering where you're at with your goals, and your plan etc.

Hope to hear from you soon. x
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Postby Indi3 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:51 am

Hi Guys

Okay.. think im back on track now. (Yay) . Its been a while.. allot of stress about jobs and money etc. Its falling into place now and im getting used to the topsey turvey routine.

I'm working as a massage therapist 4 days a week, 2 days at a gym on reception and sales and 1 day with my old job but i think im going to give that up and take on an extra day at the gym instead. So no days off but at least i enjoy what im doing.

I also have to study full time (long story) so with 3 jobs and working everyday life is going to be busy.

I started doing workouts at the gym last week and more properly this week. I will go everytime i have a shift there and have arranged to meet up with one of the personal trainers this Friday. Will aim for 3 - 4 times a week. I walk there and back too so am getting more incidental exercise. PLus, the massage is exercise in itself so i should by rights be looking fabulous by Summer.

Im going to start writing my food intake on here again..

yesterdays food intake:
B 1/2 graperuit, muesli, prunes, coffee
S Yogurt
L Smoked salmon, rocket, pine nut, avo, pear feta salad
S nuts, apple
D tofu vegi stir fry
S yogurt, 2 corn thins

Drinks: 2 x jarra, pep tea, water
Excercise: 40 min walk, 20 min walk/run treadmill, weights, sit ups

I think i ate too much. I knew it at the time.. and with the new fresh foods it feels like im hungry but its just my digestive system getting organised and used to the healthy stuff again.

Its especially bad in the evening.. have to watch picking after dinner coz thats my down fall.

Also, i stopped drinking alcohol at the start of the month.. im doing a liver detox (just excluding alcohol) and im liking not drinking. Its doesnt work with my life as a massage therapist and working at a gym.. things are on track!

Okay.. i gotta study.. have a great day everyone.. yay im back.. looking forward to catching up with you all soon!

Indi :D
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:39 pm

Hey,

Good to hear life is settling down a little bit and that you're loving working at the gym :) I started this week and love it too :) such an upbeat positive environment to be in! Good idea with the incidental exercise too and if you get chummy with the PTs I'm sure they'll give you lots of nutritional and exercise tips :)

All the best,
Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Indi3 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:38 am

Jane, yes the personal trainers are great.. I am meeting up with one of them today just for a session.. looking forward to it! Well done us on getting a job at the gym!

Daily food intake for Yesterday:

BF Muesli, prunes, coffee
S Coffee, pistasios
L Chicken, lettus, cucumber, cheese, pesto, mayo sandwich
S Berry smoothly, pistacios
D Chicken, lettus, cucumber, avo, cheese salad
S Yogurt

I was at the Bar Show Yesterday exhibiting for the place i work at 1 day a week.. I'm not drinking alcohol at the mo and that was all there was.. i managed to limit my intake .. only having a few of our slushies (30ml each) and stuck to the alcohol free drinks. More sugar drinks than usual but hard not to join in when its all around you! I think i did well though.

Have a good day everyone!

[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby Mandie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:38 am

Sounds like you're doing a great job Indi, keep it up! :)
Mandie

Postby Indi3 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:53 am

Thanks Mandy..

OKay.. Yesterday's food intake:

BF Mueslie, prunes, coffee
L Chicken, avo, cheese, spinch leaf, cucumber salad
S Apple & nuts
D Tofu, cheese, cucumber, spinach leaf salad
S Yogurt

Exercise: hour walk, weights at the gym (full body), 4 hous of massaging .

Yes, am very sore today! And about to go and do another 4 hours of massaging today...

But.. i learnt yesterday that 10 kg by xmas is possible.. i have endless support att the gym and feel that i CAN do it! Yay!

Have a good day everyone..

[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby Indi3 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:26 pm

Food intake for today:

BF muesli, coffe
S nuts & apple
L chicken avo lettus sandwich
S gelato icecream (day too beautiful and hot to not have one and enjoyed every lick!)
D??

Exercise
Walked to work
4 hours of massage

Good day.. have the night off! Yay! The only night i get off all week!
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress