It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Whit3's Progress!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Whit3's Progress!

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:24 am

Ok, I have been reading through a few of these to check up on peoples progress, and I thought I would start one of my own because i've come to a few realisations about why I used to eat what and how much I used to eat....

Realisation 1... I would buy things out of impulse at the shop. It sounded good, I didn't feel like it then and there but it sounded so yummy, bought it and took it home. A few days later, I would look at it and think either 1 of 2 things "if i dont eat it now, someone else will, and i bought it!"... or the second "if i don't eat it, i just wasted my money and it will go off".... I've realised this because a few weeks ago I bought a caramel slice mix... and it's been sitting on the bench ever since (sometimes i just dont bother putting my shopping in the cupboard, i know i know my kitchen looks like a cyclone went through it).. and I looked at it last night and thought "wow i sure did waste my money buying that now.. maybe i should make it and just have little bits at a time or take it to work and send it around for my work mates to eat.." but I knew that wouldn't happen. I'd end up gobbling it.

Realisation 2... I think i used to think "if i don't buy this and eat it now, its going to disappear forever".... I used to think I couldn't handle not having this item of food ever again... But I never stopped to think... its not going to disappear. Just because I don't leave the shop with it, doesn't mean its being taken off the market never to be bought again!

I think now that i've battled these two demons... I feel a little more confident i'll be able to resist these things. I realise now that I have to get used to not having them. Not because i'm never going to have them again, because I know i'll have them some time or another. But it doesn't matter when. It doesn't matter if its 6months down the track, i'll have these again, and they'll taste SO much better after not having them for ages. And that way, they're a treat. And then when I do treat myself to these things my mindset will be "see, i told myself i'd have them again, and because i promised myself i'd have them, i can do it again. i'm not going to gobble 6 of them, because i'm going to have them again".
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Re: Whit3's Progress!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:51 am

Oh wow, I SO know where you're coming from on those two issues! I've found a trick to deal with the first. I found hypnotherapy helped me with the second.

1) "If I don't eat it it will just go to waste". Well, if you do eat it it will just end up in the toilet eventually anyway! So it's a choice between putting it in the bin, or putting it in the toilet. Only the second one will also give you additional fat on your thighs. So when you look at it from that point of view it doesn't seem so clever to eat it anymore. Throw it in the bin. Is it a waste of money doing that? No. It was a waste of money buying it in the first place. And the more often you force yourself to throw things out the less likely you will be to buy them in the first place. I don't know about you but I think I used to buy crap knowing I would begrudgingly eat it even if I didn't want it. So I'd buy it anyway. If you know that you're just going to tip it in the bin tomorrow do you think you'd still justify the impulse purchase?

2) I learned a mantra from the Paul McKenna 'I can make you thin' CD and book. That mantra is, "Food has always been there,and food will always be there". It's very similar to your second realisation. The loaf of bread in my cupboard isn't going to disappear if I don't eat it in the next five minutes. Similarly all chocolate in the universe won't suddenly vanish if I don't eat a Tim Tam right now. The mantra also helps me understand that hunger is okay. I don't need to stuff myself stupid at a meal 'just in case' I get hungry later, because later on there's still going to be food to satisfy my hunger sitting there just waiting for me. I find I get less anxious about food while thinking of this mantra.

Good luck Whit3! You seem to have a great attitude towards food and weight loss. I'm sure you'll do really well on your weight loss journey.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:09 am

Oh I also forgot to add my new exercise plan! I have a plan!

Walk puppy every day for an hour, we're going to walk he same route until it takes us only 45mins to do it.. and then we'll extend the route to make it an hour again.. That way I know i'm improving my fitness if I can travel the same distance in less time than when I started!!!

And then I can have dinner etc after that. And after dinner i'll do something on the Wii. The boxing is the best workout!!! Its great for my arms even though theres no resistance.. My bf keeps telling me I have to stop jabbing so hard that it doesn't make a difference! But I don't care its bout to be better for me :mrgreen:

whit3tig3y

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:13 am

the wii boxing is so much fun! do you find yourself getting closer & closer to the tv? i get so agressive!

the exercise plan sounds really good! i love the idea of seeing improvement & then stretching yourself again :)

and your realisations about eating have really made me think. i do those exact same things!
sassi

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:37 am

HAHAHAHA YES!!!! I end up inches away from the TV!!!! I also find myself using words one should never speak of when the dude gets back up after you knock him down!!!!

The tennis is good too.. I wish I could play tennis in real life... But my cat sits infront of the tv and tries to get the ball every time it comes towards me!!!!

whit3tig3y

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:13 pm

i am SO glad i'm not the only one! we got a new tv recently - one of the big plasmas. i'm too scared to try the wii boxing now!

i like the tennis but i'm rubbish at it!
sassi

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:50 pm

GRRRRRRRR I AM SO PISSED. I've had it with work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am this close |-| to telling them to shove it.. The receptionist has been working here for 3 years.. I've been working here nearly a year now...

About 8 months into my employment they asked me to sit at reception when our receptionist is off sick, or has a day off etc, fair enough I don't mind. But the friendship is being stretched now. For about 3 weeks now they've been making me sit there for 10mins every morning while the receptionist has morning tea, half an hour while she has lunch, and 10mins while she has afternoon tea. What next, every time she goes to the toilet? She's had to go on her breaks at different times to all the rest of us because of this. But now everyone working here is basically guilting me into swapping break times with her so that she gets to go out there with them and I don't.

I feel like shoving all their heads together and saying "I DIDN'T CHOOSE THIS, THIS ISN'T MY JOB IM NOT BEING PENALISED FOR IT". I like my socialization at these times, it refreshes my mind so I can come back in here and do my work again, and now they want to take that away from me because they'd prefer to talk to her than me.

This isn't fair, this isn't what I was employed for, I have my own things to do, they're pulling me away from my own work to do these things because its not like I can work while i'm up there because 10mins to shut down my computer boot up reception computer load all my work, that would take longer than the breaks are!!!!

I want to walk in there and say "i don't want to do this anymore" but I know if I do i'd get fired. @#$@#% Its times like these I feel like shovelling my face full of food i'm shaking with anger if I shovel my face full of food it keeps me occupied I can't stew over this... But I must resist. But how can you with this happening?!

whit3tig3y

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Can you talk to them about sharing the task of covering when the receptionist isn't there? That way you each get a turn of holding the fort. If necessary explain to the boss about how much work time you're losing and how it's impacting your performance and why the task shouldn't just be up to you. Hopefully he or she will put a plan in place so that the task is shared around. And if not I'd start looking for a new job. After all, you weren't hired as a receptionist. Working for nearly an hour every day on reception was never in the job description, it's unfair for them to change your role with no consultation. Especially if they're also changing your break times along with it.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:18 pm

I've been looking for another job since they wanted me to start doing this, with no luck. I'm really getting sick of this place, and its really upsetting :( I'm also not wanting to talk to them about my problems because i'm only a temp, they'll just get rid of me. They advertisd my job a temp to perm, well its been a year now and im still temp and i'vejust @#$%ing had enough!!!

whit3tig3y

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:42 pm

Have you considered applying to a temp agency? While it would mean more crappy temp jobs where you're treated like rubbish initially I know quite a few people in admin who found their permanent jobs by temping first. And the advantage is that you can 'try before you buy', checking out different places before deciding to work there permanently.

It sounds like they're taking you for a ride at your current work place. Promising you temp-to-permanent work and then keeping you as a temp for a year? What a joke! I'm starting to wonder if you're working for my old boss. He was renowned for doing sh1t like this to the secretarial staff.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:59 pm

It's not like I do nothing then I wouldn't complain!!! But i'm already managing 3 databases, AND doing purchasing ontop of that, AND anything else anyone wants me to do!!!!

I'm doing jobs that if I weren't doing, they'd need to employ 3 different people to do! And I get treated like this :(

whit3tig3y

Postby whit3tig3y » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 am

OK so I know I shouldn't be weighing myself every day, but I seemed to gain 100g since yesterday. I ate more calories than I usually would yesterday (My calorie allowance is 1500, but i usually only get 1100-1200 and yesterday i had in the 1400's).. and gained 100g....

Should I maybe go back to eating only 1100-1200cals? Or is it possible I gained muscle? Because yesterday afternoon I took my puppy for an hour long walk, and i feel so sore today (expecially in my arm when I was holding him back! bad puppy) so maybe I gained some muscle?

Any idea's anyone?

whit3tig3y

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:50 am

It's possible you gained muscle, but it's more likely just one of those random weight fluctuations. Retaining water can easily cause a 100g gain. Simply having some food in your colon could alter your weight that much. Don't panic over one day's scale reading. Just keep an eye over time to check that your weight isn't creeping steadily up. You'll probably find that 100g disappears again tomorrow just as mysteriously as it arrived!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby tania2573 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:53 am

It maybe muscle gain but there are other things it may be ,maybe just some extra fluid? 100g i wouldnt worry too much about it will probably even out by the time your due to weigh in.Good luck and stop weighing everyday( bad girl) :P
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby whit3tig3y » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:06 pm

LOL!!! I can't help it.. I think I see my new scales as a toy at the moment, i want to be on them 24/7, even though I don't like what I see, they're new and exciting!!

My bf thinks im being a little overboard when i start weighing my cats. I'll grab one of my cats and hold it and step onto the scales, jot down the number, then weigh myself without the cat and figure out what the difference is and thats how much my cat weighs!!

My big male fatty boobah cat weighs over 5kilo!!! I think he needs to go on a diet as well!! :lol: :lol:

whit3tig3y

Next

Return to Personal Progress