It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 am

Free Newsletter

Doin the 20 week challenge!! My diary of pain...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Doin the 20 week challenge!! My diary of pain...

Postby Nay » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:37 pm

Ok, here is my blog for the 20 week challenge.

I'm doing this to record my own progress and so others can come along on the journey with me if they like. It's also to keep me in check!

So...starting tomorrow...its on the cross trainer...ugh!!!

Will record my first diary entry tomorrow night...see you all then!

Recap of my goals for week 1:

1. Drink more water
2. Make healthy food choices
3. At least 30 mins exercise every other day, if not every day.
4. Be able to fit this new plan into my day on top of work, study and looking after my 8 year old daughter!!!

Weigh in will be Monday Mornings, I'm not sure what I weigh officially, so I shall update that tomorrow.

Good luck to me!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Re: Doin the 20 week challenge!! My diary of pain...

Postby cherry847 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi Nay,

Congratulations for setting a great goal! You have plenty of great steps there that I'm sure you will be able to achieve!

Is the 20 week challenge for Christmas? (I just realised it was only 20 weeks to Christmas!!!!! :shock: )

I'm sure you will do marvellously and look forward to reading your progress, let us know how you're going because we're all here to support you :D
This week's goal... control portion sizes!
cherry847

Postby Nay » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:10 pm

Thanks Cherry!

I didn't realise there was 20 weeks till Christmas till I saw the challenge in the Challenge area of the forums. I'm going to Melbourne the day after christmas and I'm hoping to to a bit of clothes shopping while there, so that will be my goal/reward.

So today was my first day on the 20 week challenge. I weighed in this morning at 60.3kgs. I think I am retaining something because i had a special visitor this evening which explains why I have been feeling crap all day long and why I was in a weird mood yesterday, AND why I ate a whole block of chocolate on Saturday! lol.

But, i persevered..got on the x-trainer at 5:30am for half hour and sweated it out while watching the music channels on Foxtel.

My food diary for today is as follows:

5:30am: 1 glass water
6:00am: 1 glass water
7:00am: 1 bowl of porridge with skim milk and a banana, one cup of green tea
8:00am: 1 glass water
9:00am: 1 glass water
10:30am: 1 glass water
11:45am: 1 cup coffee with skim milk and sugarine
1:00pm: 1 multigrain chicken sandwich with a pice of WW cheese and chutney, toasted, 1 garden salad with oil free dressing
3:00pm: 1 glass water
6:00pm: Silver whiting with steamed vegies, 1 lemon fruiche and a cup of coffee with skim milk and sugarine...oh, and a mouthful of my boyfriends vanilla icecream!

(I took strawberries and yoghurt to work to snack on, but it was so busy, I didn't get a chance to even think about it!)

Thats it!! And I'm writing it now so I don't eat anymore, even though my bad habit is snacking after dinner.

I thought I would cut down on the coffee today, so I replaced it with green tea for breakfast, but by mid morning, I had a headache and gave in. Still had the headache at dinner so just had another coffee. I won't sleep now.

Other than that, I think I had an ok day! I plan to not get on the scales until weigh in day. I am one of those people that get on the scales every day, sometimes twice a day, and it drives me crazy when the numbers go up and down like a yoyo. GRRR!!! My mood is determined by the numbers on the scales so I have to lock them up somewhere I think.

Anyhoo, thats all for now, see you all tomorrow!
[/url]
Nay

Postby Nay » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:18 pm

dunno if this worked, but this is my motivation pic. It was taken last October on Hamilton Island. I was there for my sister's wedding. To fit into my bridesmaids dress, I went on the Celebrity Slim diet and I am about 53kg in this photo. The sad thing is, I couldn't eat carbs and the minute I had a cocktail after the wedding, my stomach bloated big time!!!! I put all the weight back on sadly...
Attachments
Nayonlounge.jpg
Nayonlounge.jpg (245.13 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
[/url]
Nay

Postby hippy_shake » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Hey,
Looks like you're on the right track :) And what a great motivation pic! Just wanted to wish you all the best with your journey
:D Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby jessica86 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:22 am

hey Nay!

thats an awesome pic of you! thats motivation for me 2! you look beautiful in that pic. May i ask how tall you are? i dont think i could (or should) ever get down to 53kg- i would be very anorexic i think!

i know what you mean with caffiene! its so hard to quit. im trying to give it up 2. i started by not having any coffee when i worked night shifts, and ive done that. then i stopped having coffee altogether, and ibve done that. now i just need to kick my diet coke habit! then i will be caffiene free! yay. i might get some caffiene free diet coke when i go shopping next week and see how that goes- hopefully that will wean me off it!

your diet & exercise plans look great. looking forward to see how we go at the end of our first week!

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby cherry847 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:26 am

Wow, 53kg! I think the last time I was that weight was when I was about 12!! :D

That's fantastic to have those kinds of goals especially the shopping, nothing better than fitting into a size smaller than you thought you were!

I know what you mean about the headaches, I've cut out chocolate before and had horrible headaches for a few days but after that they completely disappeared... really makes you wonder about what they put in there doesn't it? Of course that didn't affect me going back to it afterwards lol

How much coffee would you normally have in a day? And your food diary looks good, do you get hungry at all in between your mealtimes? I know I would be just about ready to eat my arm off if I ate breakfast at 7am and didn't eat till 1pm! I eat breakfast at 9:00am at work and even then I'm hungry mid-morning!

Hope you have a lovely day and keep up the great work and motivation!!
cherry847

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:14 pm

You look great in that pic, Nay. Good luck with your 20 week challenge (I cannot believe it's only 20 weeks until Christmas. Eek!)

Caffeine withdrawal headaches are pretty normal if you're used to drinking a lot of coffee. Maybe the best course of action will be to cut down gradually over the next few weeks rather than go cold turkey.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Nay » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks for the nice words guys! I definately felt very happy, confident in that photo. And to let a little secret out, it was the first time I had worn a dress in....i don't know how long....primary school!!???

I loved feeling girly and the trip was great. At the moment, I wear the same pair of jeans everyday because its the only pair of jeans that fit me at the moment and I'm feeling really frumpy and flat...ugh...

Still had the headaches yesterday which was a bit annoying, I took two lots of nurofen and they still didn't go away. Had a coffee mid morning.

Cherry, I would normally drink about 3-4 cups of coffee a day. It used to be only one when I woke up, but since getting into study, I have found i'm drinking more to stop eating bad food all day long. I remember studying for exams a few weeks ago, I locked myself in my house for five days and chain drank coffee!!! EEK!!

I do get hungry in between meals, especially mid morning, but I don't have time to think about food while I'm at work at least. I tried having some strawberries yesterday, about 10am, and I managed to have about three. The container was still on my desk at 5pm and the strawberries didn't look all that nice then. :-(
At TAFE, I usually bring food and we can eat during breaks but my friends like to go to Fasta Pasta for lunch and I don't want to be left behind with my boring salad!!! I think today I will order a salad from there if we go.

Jessica, my height is 5'2 so I'm a bit of a shortie! I think I carry most of my weight on my hips, thighs and boobs! My cup size is a D at the moment, and I feel like my hips and thighs are out of proportion to the rest of my body as I have a small waist.

Anyhoo, here is my food diary from yesterday:

7:00am: 1 cup green tea, porridge and tub of low fat yoghurt
9:00am: 1 glass water
10:00am: 3 strawberries and a coffee with sugarine and skim milk
1:00pm: 1 piece of mud cake :oops: and a curried egg sandwich on multigrain bread
6:00pm: Chicken with vegetables and a Cherry Ripe :oops:

As you can see, I was a bit naughty yesterday as it was a workmates birthday. I can't say no to cake!!! Then my boyfriend rang me at work and said he was going to get bananas from the shop and did I want anything. Big Mistake!!! I said chocolate!! lol. He usually is very supportive of me in my weight loss, and he said no at first but he bought me a cherry ripe. hehe. At least he didn't buy me a whole block of chocolate. I think he felt sorry for me with my lady problems...haha ( I didn't exercise either)

I peeked at the scales this morning to see how much damage I had done and I actually lost 400g. Im exactly 59kg today, so I can't complain about that!

I also noticed that getting more sleep has improved my skin and probably helped me lose the weight as I'm usually on the go and very stressed. I have been sleeping 9 hours for the past four nights. I read in some health magazine that good sleep does aid in weight loss.

So, thats my diary from yesterday, I have to get my child ready for school now so this post was a bit rushed, but hopefully I will be on tonight to update about my day! Good luck to me! hehe

Bye for now and thanks for all the kind words and support.
[/url]
Nay

Postby cherry847 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi Nay!

Your food diary really isn't as bad as you think, I think it looks pretty good! Weight loss is a journey and just think how miserable you would be if you couldn't enjoy a piece of cake every now and then, sure you might be rake thin but I bet you'd be pretty cranky! (well I know I would be anyway!!) :D

Coffee can be pretty hard to stop drinking if you're used to the caffeine, Ali's right you should try to slow down gradually, maybe even use a smaller cup when you do have it so it's not as much. When you get the withdrawel headaches usually painkillers won't help that much so you just have to wait it out but they do disappear after a couple of days, I promise!!

Having a good sleep will definately help you with weight loss as when you're tired the first thing we tend to hunt for is sugar to give us more energy. Sleep also gives your muscles the chance to repair themselves and build, and therefore burn more calories at rest!

Hope you're having a great day :wink:
cherry847

Postby Nay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:48 am

Howdy all,

My food diary from yesterday:

7:00am: Porridge with skim milk and one banana, 1 cup green tea
9:00am: 1 latte (don't know if it was skinny or not) with one sugar
10:00am: 1 glass water
11:00am: 1 banana slice, 97% fat free
12:30pm: 1 bowl chicken and corn soup, lemon chicken and fried rice (only ate half), half glass of lemonade and glass of water.
5:30pm: 1 glass water, 1 coffe with sugarine and skim milk
7:00pm: Fish and salad

I still had a headache all day long and almost fell asleep in class in the arvo (could have been cause the class was so boring!!!!) and driving home...felt like crap!!! I think I'm coming down with german measles since i baby sat a friend's daughter last friday and saturday who turned out to come down with german measles on Monday. Will wait and see what happens...my boyfriend thinks im being a hyperchondriac! hehe.

No exercise, couldn't be stuffed since I feel like crap. Went to bed at 8:30 last night and I woke up in the middle of the night with a dull headache. GRRRR!!!! I really don't think it's the coffee as the norm for me is to drink 2-4 cups a day, and the only different thing I'm doing is swapping my morning coffee for green tea at the moment. I had coffee this morning though and I have a headache so not sure...

Catchya later!!
[/url]
Nay

Postby cherry847 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Nay,

Hope you feel better and don't get the measles! If you get another headache taking Alka Seltzer really helps if nothing else has because it gets into your system quickly so just a tip (I get migranes and have tried just about all the tricks in the book!). Don't worry about exercise if you're feeling lousy because your body needs time to recover... take it easy hun and enjoy the rest of the week! :D
cherry847

Postby Nay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks Cherry...i'm actually feeling a bit better than I have been over the last week... still have the headache though, its quite annoying...its like a lingering feeling. Not overly achy, but just there...I just don't feel "well". I want to study, but just can't get focussed or motivated. Hopefully some rest on the weekend should do it.

I've never heard of Alka Seltzer...is it like a panadol? Is it sold in the panadol section of the supermarket?

Here's my diary for today: :oops:

7:00am: Porridge with skim milk, a banana and a cup of coffee with skim milk and sugarine
11:00am - 1:00pm: 2 more coffees
1:30pm: Multigrain bread sandwich with sliced chicken, a piece of WW cheese, toasted, 1 glass water
3:30pm: 6 pieces Snack chocolate, 1 WW icecream :oops:
6:45pm: 2 pieces oven baked fish and home made chips - probably a bigger serve than I should have so late in the evening. 1 glass water.

Exercise: does walking around the shopping centre count?? :wink: Oh, and I briskly vacumed, and tidied the house this morning as I had a visitor.

Thats all for tonight, will check in tomorrow night. Have a good one :-)
[/url]
Nay

Postby Indi3 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:08 am

Hi Nay I've just been reading your post and i think your doing great! Good idea having an inspirational pic up on there too!

Your food intake looks good overall.. i know what you mean about snacking after dinner.. my weak point is snacking inbetween lunch and dinner.. it just feels so long in between!

Have a great day today.. and well done on the 1 kg loss!

Indi :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby cherry847 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi Nay!

Yes Alka Seltzer is sold in the supermarket in the panadol section, it's an effervescant tablet that you put in water and drink (a bit like berocca I guess?) but it's great for headaches or if you have an upset stomach and those types of things, so it's gentle on your stomach but hospitals use them for headaches so that's where I got the tip from.

Also, have you only recently started using sugarine? If so it might be something that's triggering that yucky feeling... I know I get headaches from using things like equal and my mother in law can only eat certain types of yoghurts because of the sugar substitute they use, I think it's the aspartamine or saccharine or some kind of chemical that can trigger it! Maybe try cutting it for a couple of days and see if it improves? There are fruit sugars you can buy from the supermarket which might help...

Hope you feel better and take care of yourself! :D
cherry847

Next

Return to Personal Progress