It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:41 am

Free Newsletter

Doin the 20 week challenge!! My diary of pain...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Doin the 20 week challenge!! My diary of pain...

Postby Nay » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14 am

Well, I haven't been on in a little while...the headache lasted a whole week! After much research and convincing myself I had a brain tumour, i figured it was tension headaches. I am under a lot of stress at the moment, I have so much on my mind!!

Cherry, I have been using sugarine or sugar substitute for years. I tried going back to my old eating and coffee habits for a few days to see if i was 'detoxing' but nothing worked. I just woke up one morning and I didn't have a headache! It has come back now and again when I am really stressed,(like when I realised my exam was next Wednesday, not the Wednesday after!!!! and when Tafe decided to throw in an external topic for us to do in our own time on top of all the other study I have to do!! EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!) But dissappears shortly after.

So the good news is that I haven't gained much weight with my all over the place eating habits. I think for now I will concentrate on the eating side of things rather than the exercise part of things as adding something else to my day at the moment is a no go...i'll end up having a nervous break down!! Another good thing since I started my 'healthy eating plan' is that I haven't been snacking after dinner which is my biggest problem. To start with I was really jittery and anxious and was looking in the pantry all evening but I didn't give in!! Its getting easier now and after eating dinner, I'm usually so busy that I don't really think about food.

So I will put my food diary in here for today:

Breakfast: Porridge, coffee and a banana
Mid morning: low fat yoghurt and coffee
Lunch: Lean Cuisine meal (can't wait!!)
Arvo: V8 tropical juice (only 100 calories for a 250ml bottle!! and it's good for you!!)
Dinner: Chicken and veg or salad
After dinner: maybe an orange if I'm wanting to snack
and water throughout the day! :-)

I bought Jelly Belly Jelly Beans last night at shopping. I think I will leave those home so I can't eat them at work. Its just me all by myself at work today and I find that I am wandering around looking for something fun to eat since it is so boring and lonely there by myself!! Gotta stop that!!

Have a good day everyone! I will have to catch up on the forums over the weekend (I should be studying but I am the master of procrastination!!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby jessica86 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:41 pm

hey Nay

looks like your going well with the challenge! I know what its like with study on top of everything else- nightmare!

i have a V8 juice everyday- they are the best. expensive to buy in the little single tetri packs, but i know exactly how many calories & good vitamins is in each one!

looking forward to seeing how you weigh in on monday! im hoping for a 1kg loss, but not gonna get my hopes up as i have been sick this week.

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby Nay » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:55 am

Thankyou Jess :-)

This weekend I will be cramming all day and night for my test on wednesday. I'm sure there will be chocolate involved to get me through. :wink:

The V8 is great!! It's weird because I buy them in the cute little glass bottles, 250ml, the same as the little fruit box ones, but they are cheaper than the fruitbox V8's!(and cuter!!!!) The glass bottles are $1.15 and the fruitboxes are $1.21. I'm sure it won't last for long though since every new item I find in the supermarket that I turn out to love goes up in price...or they stop making them.

I had one at quarter to five yesterday and when I got home to cook dinner, I wasn't starving like I usually am. I cooked dinner without the sense of urgency that I had to have it NOW!!!! hehe.

Speaking of which, I will update my food diary from yesterday.

It was what I wrote in the last post, except for dinner, I made chicken burgers instead of boring chicken and veg. I put light mayo, chicken breast, onion, a slice of weight watchers cheese, an egg, tomato and lettuce on it and it was YUMMY!!

Oh, and I ended up eating that little bag of jelly belly jelly beans after dinner. My partner talked me out of eating the chocolate aswell. hehe. I have better will power than I used to!

Today, I shall have:

Breakfast: Porridge and coffee - done!!
Lunch: not sure yet, maybe a salad I can pick at while studying
Dinner: Pita bread pizzas
No snacks as I plan on eating chocolate!!!! hehe

Well, I'm off to study, so have a great day everyone!! I may not post here till Monday so have a great weekend to all!!!!

(not looking at a loss either this week, due to the chocolate eating this weekend, right before weigh in. I Should change my weigh in to Fridays maybe!!)

Good luck to you Jess!!
[/url]
Nay

Postby Nay » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:59 am

I'm back!!

I had my exam yesterday and I'm so glad its over!!! I spend all my spare time studying that there's no time for anything else!!

Anyhoo, I jumped on the scales today for a quick peek since I didn't post here on weigh in day (Monday) I think I will be making my weigh in day Fridays since I can be good all week then eat three blocks of chocolate over the weekend!!! LOL.

On Monday I had gone back to my starting weight and today back to 58.9. I wasn't stressed that I'd put the weight back on and knew it must be water retention or something but its so frustrating that I can't get the scales to go below 58.9. Everytime I get there, I think I can eat naughty food cause I've done well to lose the weight...I will try my hardest today!!!!

7:00am: Porridge and coffee
10:00am: Banana and coffee
1:00pm: Left over beef casserole and rice
4:00pm: Yoghurt (ran out of V8's :( )
6:30pm: hmmmm....haven't decided yet...have to go food shopping tonight so I'll have a think about that one

That's it for today..I have to get ready for work...its supposed to be my day off so I'm a bit peeved!!!!

Renee
[/url]
Nay

Postby Strawberry » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:40 am

Nay wrote:
Everytime I get there, I think I can eat naughty food cause I've done well to lose the weight...I will try my hardest today!!!!

i do the same thing - i hit the 60's i slack off. 70kg seems to be my trouble zone i will beat it though lol.

what are you studying?
Strawberry

Postby Nay » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi Strawberry,

I'm studying Dental Hygine at Tafe...it's the first part time course and it goes for four years!!! It's only been six months and I am soooooo stressed!

Anyhoo, so today I was very good as usual...up until dinner time...I had my porridge for brekky, a banana and coffee mid morning, leftover casserole for lunch then nothing till seven PM - I was absolutely starving but it was food shopping night so my boyfriend and I went to eat at the shopping centre before shopping. We never ever do that and we have now done it two weeks in a row... :shock:

I yelled at my boyfriend cause he wanted satay chicken for dinner (homemade) and I said how I was in the 58 kilo range and I wasn't going to ruin it like I always do...so I went and had Maccas instead!!!! LOL....there was nothing I wanted that was healthy so I settled for crappy maccas!!!

Oh yeah, then I ate five mini donuts that we bought during food shopping....I have no will power!!!

To be positive, at least I can say the donuts were a 12 pack and I only ate five and not the whole 12!!!!

Well I'm off to bed now, Im absolutely stuffed after working extra hours this week on top of Tafe and I need sleep!!!

Hopefully at some stage over the weekend I can catch up on reading all the posts on here.

Bye!
[/url]
Nay

Postby Nay » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:08 pm

well, my new official weigh in day is Fridays and I weighed in this morning at that magical number 58.9

Which is interesting as I ate Mcdonalds last night for dinner...hmmm

Here is what I ate today:

B: Porridge, coffee
MT: 40g Freddo Frog
L: Turkey, cheese and tomato toasted sandwich, wholemeal and grain bread, coffee
AT: V8
D: Chile Con Carne on corn chips with avocado and salsa :oops: probably not the best choice
oh, and I had a lamington too...
I drank one glass of water all day :oops: its just too cold to drink water!!!

I fall into that category of eating well (ish) for the whole week but once the weekend comes, I fell like I deserve to relax...I'll slowly get there..the good thing is that I bought a block of chocolate and I haven't opened it yet because I think its too late at night...any other time I would have scoffed the lot no matter what time of night it was!!

Thats all for now, I'm totally stuffed and going to catch up on some well deserved sleep.
[/url]
Nay

Postby jessica86 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:02 pm

hey nay!

sounds like u have had some setbacks this week and its depressing i know- ive had the flu the last 10 or so days and im feeling better now, but the thought of not exercising for that long is depressing to me!

dont let it defeat ypu, just get right back up on that weigh loss horse, we will come out of this challenge looking fab!

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby Nay » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Back again! Haven't been on in a while...got a bit slack as per ususal. I'm finding that my mind is on the go all day with everything that is happening in my life, and healthy eating is one more thing to add to the list!

I had a weird moment on Sunday night, I was looking at myself in the mirror and was shocked at how big my bum looked!!! I have a small waist and big hips so i guess it makes it look bigger, in that sense. I'm kinda thinking that what I see in the mirror isn't really what people see, I told my friend at work and she said I was crazy!

Anyhoo, seeing my bum made me so depressed and I hopped on the cross trainer the next morning. I trudged through half hour but to be honest, was over it in ten minutes. I started feeling sick and weak but I made myself finish the whole half hour.

I didn't do the cross trainer today so if im feeling motivated I might get on again tomorrow morning.

I've eaten pretty healthy since Monday, or even Sunday really, and upped my water intake now that the warmer weather is slowly getting here.

Here's my diary for today:

B: Bowl of porridge, skim milk, nescafe mocha, crumpet with lite marg and promite
MT: nothing, didn't have time
L: Salad with 50g ham and oil free dressing
AT: A couple of grapes, didn't have time! Half a bottle of V8 (small one!)
T: Bolognaise sauce with steamed veg and small amount of pasta mixed through (1/2 my usual serve, substituted with veges)
3 pump water bottles.

I started having more for breakfast as porridge with skim milk is only 187 calories and I wasn't eating enough calories throughout the day so thought a crumpet might do the trick of adding a few extra calories and filling me up till lunch if I don't have time to snack.
[/url]
Nay

Postby Strawberry » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:17 am

ur eating is going well. if ur feeling sick while exercise don't push urself - that's ur body telling u ur going 2 hard. maybe break it up by 3x10 on the day's ur home?
i have oats & honey 4 breakfast, some mornings i wake up really hungry & have toast with vegemite - it really does feel u up till lunch time. it doesn't matter how much each meals cals total to, it's the whole days total that counts.
Strawberry

Postby Mandie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:44 am

Sounds like you're doing well :) If you don't have time for a healthy morning snack and you are getting really hungry, upping your calories at breakfast seems like a sensible idea :)

Careful when you are pushing yourself on the cross trainer - if you start feeling faint or sick you should get off missy! No point collapsing on the thing!
Mandie

Postby Nay » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:38 pm

I keep writing posts and they don't show up!!!! GRR!!

Its been a while since I posted last and I started eating naughty and got back to my starting weight. :oops: I was so angry with myself for not having any will power. I have been trying my hardest to eat healthy the whole week without snacking on any naughty foods. I have decided to ban certain foods from the house cause once they are open, I can't stop at one!! Foods on my banned list so far is blocks of chocolate, pizza shapes, and custard. I find I have more will power in the shops to not buy it than to bring it home and trust myself not to eat it all!!!

I've been eating salads for lunch this week now that the nice weather has come along. Its good while I'm at work, cause If I don't eat my lunch, there's nothing else. I will be unhappy thinking about and tempted to eat something else, but once I eat it, I'm glad I did and I noticed I don't have that heavy bloated feeling afterwards like when I eat bread or pasta etc.

Heres what I ate today:

B: Porridge, coffee and a banana
MT: half hearted attempt at a tub of light yoghurt, a nescafe mocha sachet (skim)
L: Salad with rocket, olives, feta, cucumber, sundried tomatoes and olive oil/lemon juice dressing, a tin of flavoured tuna.
AT: V8 250ml
D: 4 pieces silver whiting and a pack of microwave steam vegies (broccoli, cauiflower, carrot)

2 x 750ml bottles water

Oh, and I took my doggy for a 45 minute walk today!! (it's been quite a while since I last walked him) I ummed and aahed all day about it, and when I got home from work, I made myself just get out there and do it. I only prepared to be out half hour but ended up getting home 45 minutes later. Yay!

That's all for now xx
[/url]
Nay

Postby Nay » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:44 am

I'm still here!!

I visit the forums frequently (I really should be studying!) and although I don't post much, it's still great to hear about everyone's weight loss journey.

I've recently gone gluten free. I took a look at all my symptoms and never knew that they could all be linked to the same problem. I did a search on the net to see what my symptoms could relate to and one of those was food allergys. So, I decided to cut all gluten out of my diet for four weeks and see how I feel. I've been gluten free for a week and already feel better and bloating has subsided big time!!

Some of my symptoms were:

Headaches
Bloating, gas :oops:
Constipation or diarrhea
Fatigue
Mood swings
Brain fog - memory and concentration problems
stomach cramps
Sleep problems
itchy skin
joint pain

Just to name a few...

Anyhoo, I have always felt blah after lunch time and felt like I needed to go to the toilet straight away. I switched to eating salads a few weeks back and feel great after lunch, I don't have that 'heavy' feeling afterward. The other night, I had some maltesers (they have gluten in them) and the next morning, I had stomach cramps and diarrhea...interesting...

So, I haven't gotten to the weight I am now in quite a while. Everytime I hit the 58.9 mark, I eat naughty foods and put the weight back on. But this time, I can do it!! I'm not going to eat bad foods, and I feel pretty happy with myself for not eating junk after dinner.

This is what I plan to eat today:

B: Banana smoothie with dash honey and cinnamon (skim milk)
MT: Small tub apple puree (love it!!)
L: Gluten free crackers with cottage cheese and flavoured tuna
AT: V8 tropical
D: Chicken and veg

Hopefully I can hop on the x-trainer tonight...will see what happens.

Have a good day everyone!!
[/url]
Nay

Postby Nay » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:39 am

I didn't hop on the cross trainer yesterday - who am I kidding??

Ate everything i wrote on yesterday's post except the V8 cause in the arvo everyone at work goes home and we have minimal staff so I was left to man the front desk on my own and it got pretty busy.

Was happy to wake up to find i am in the 57 kilo range which is excellent!!! Haven't been there in quite a while - the last time was a year ago and I got there by doing Celebrity Slim. I feel happy today and lets hope I can keep it up. Have a hens night on Saturday night and really want to let my hair down a bit cause I haven't been out the whole year due to study so I will pay the consequences Sunday and pick up from there.

Today I haven't thought about what I will eat. Might go something like this:

B: (late today) Banana smoothie
L: Crackers with cottage cheese and flavoured tuna
D: Prawn and leek stirfry
Snack: tub of yoghurt if i'm hungry

Water, water, water!!!

Bye!
[/url]
Nay

Previous

Return to Personal Progress