It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:41 am

Free Newsletter

I AM FAT - OBESE - UNFIT - UNHAPPY - IT'S TIME for a change!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

I AM FAT - OBESE - UNFIT - UNHAPPY - IT'S TIME for a change!

Postby 30 kilo gut » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:10 am

Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum I am not really sure where to start, either the story or the weight loss journey. I guess a little about me would be good, so here goes.

I am currently living my fiftieth year, with the golden celebrations due in January 2009, a little more than a month before I hit the BIG 50, I will marry my gorgeous fiance, between today 070808 and 061208 I want to change my lifestyle, become more active and eat way healthier (not that I eat the wrong foods, I just eat too much!), this morning by gorgeous girl brought out a tape measure and the scales to measure me up, my vital statics are as of today are as follows

Height 179 cm
Weight 110 kg
Chest 118 cm
Waist 116 cm
Backside 112 cm
Thigh 60 cm
Arm 37 cm

By Dec 1 2008 I would like to be
Height 184 cm (but I don't think that's gonna happen, still nothing like having a dream!)
Weight 90 kg
Chest 110 cm
Waist 97 cm
Backside 95 cm
Thigh 55 cm
Arm 40 cm

Now, how am I going to achieve these goals????

My employer provides a personel trainer for its employees 4 times a week, for various workouts, I am currently going to three of these sessions, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday's, this week is my third week, but unfortunately thus far I have gained weight, about 1 kilo a week, but I do feel fitter and I am able to do a little more than I did three weeks ago, so I know it is doing me some good.

On Wednesday night's I get great cardio workout on a dance floor for an hour at present, hope to build this up to two hours over the next few weeks. The only other exercise I get is a walk I do at lunchtimes with a couple of mates, unfortunately though this usually includes at least 1 flatwhite coffee and usually a bus ride back to the office because we are late!
Oh and I play nine holes of golf every second weekend.

Like I said earlier, I actually eat very healthy food generally, there are a few things I can change or cut out such as full cream milk, suger (I have 2 spoons in tea or coffee, what makes this really bad is the 10 - 12 cups a day, st!t that is a lot of suger) and cheese, I have to stop eating cheese.

I very rarely eat take away food and when I do it is usually pizza, I hate fried foods like KFC, chips (YUK) and next to never drink coke or other cool drinks, I do like a beer, but rarely will have more than 2 in a day. I hate bread that has had the guts processed out of it, generally look for the grainiest bread I can find, or bake my own.

Another thing I am doing wrong in my diet is not eating in the morning, usually don't eat anything until 12:30, but would have had four or five coffees by this time.

Now I should go back a little bit too, to around February 2004, this was when I weighed the most I have ever been, at that time I pulled the scales down to 122kgs, by June 2004 when I met my gorgeous girl, I was down to 93 kgs and fit as a fiddle, had not smoked for 3 or 4 years, and I looked and flet great. Howeevr, I did start smoking again in December that year and did so until May this year, since giving the fags away in May I have piled on 7 kg's, i had put 10 kg's on between meeting my gorgeous girl and May this year, partl due to a shoulder injury, which took 18 months to heal.

So, I know I can do this, I know I have time to achieve my goal weight of 90 kgs, I know it is going to be hard work, i know I am going to have to do more exercies than I am now, I know I am going to have to be stronger when I walk past the fridge, i know I am going to have to cook less of my favorite foods, well actually I really only need to eat less of them!

Well here we go then, we have set down the challenge for one's self, let's get on and do it then, wish me luck, cheers

IT's GOTTS GO!!!!
30 kilo gut

Re: I AM FAT - OBESE - UNFIT - UNHAPPY - IT'S TIME for a change!

Postby jilliansmyhero » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:45 am

im sure u'll do great, put ur mind to it and go for whatever goals u set out to achieve, GOODLUCK.
jilliansmyhero

Postby 30 kilo gut » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:56 am

Thnx Jillian, i hope your right, I don't want towobble down the ailse!!!
30 kilo gut

Postby Indi3 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:55 am

Sounds like a good plan.. you seem to know your weaknesses and what needs changing.. I'm sure you'll do :wink: great.. stay focused on the goal!

Goodluck.. and whenever you have 'an urge' just write about it on here and it will go away!

Indi :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby curvygirl » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:28 am

Good luck with your journey. If you manage to find a way of growing 5 centimeters please let me know your secret. I would love to be as tall as Elle McPherson.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Tarz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:46 am

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

curvygirl wrote:Good luck with your journey. If you manage to find a way of growing 5 centimeters please let me know your secret. I would love to be as tall as Elle McPherson.

I will happily give you 5cm from my height :wink:
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 am

Hi & welcome to the forum. Good luck with your goals, you sound like you have a good plan there.

curvygirl wrote: If you manage to find a way of growing 5 centimeters please let me know your secret. I would love to be as tall as Elle McPherson.

Yeah let me know too! I'm only 160cm so if I can grow an extra couple of cms I would be over the moon too!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi& welcome. you can do it! wish i hated bread lol.

Cac33 wrote:Hi & welcome to the forum. Good luck with your goals, you sound like you have a good plan there.

curvygirl wrote: If you manage to find a way of growing 5 centimeters please let me know your secret. I would love to be as tall as Elle McPherson.

Yeah let me know too! I'm only 160cm so if I can grow an extra couple of cms I would be over the moon too!

there is a way! it involves the dr's breaking your leg bones & placing some extensions on or something like that. i heard a lady did this so she could work as an air hostess
Strawberry

Postby jilliansmyhero » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:26 pm

yeah i need some height, im 158cms not happy, i heard about the lady and i was considering getting it done as i hate being short but im pretty sure it took a while for it to heel and with kids i just dont have the time to let my legs recover hehe but so very tempting.
jilliansmyhero

Postby Indi3 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:28 am

I think I'd rather spend the money on lipo than having my legs broken! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby 30 kilo gut » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Thanks for the response's everyone, very encouraging and appreciated. I don't think I'll go down that leg breaking route either! I hate pain, that is the hardest part of loosing weight, but at least workout pain rewards you a little latter, besides if I did get that extra 5cm's I need to get all my trousers let down or walk around looking a right dik with half masts on!!! Have a good day all, I m off shopping!! yeha
30 kilo gut

Postby jilliansmyhero » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:58 pm

hows everything going?
jilliansmyhero

Postby 30 kilo gut » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi Jillian I am going ok, working a little harder eachday and building strength, weight loss is slow but I have started to notice a downward trend, weigh in is thursday morning so will seehow were going from there, thanks for asking.
30 kilo gut

Postby 30 kilo gut » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Cool this worked !!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ESQSJ/]
[/url]
30 kilo gut

Postby hippy_chick » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:59 am

Hi! Welcome to the forum and I really look forward to reading about your progress :)

It's a great thing to have the personal trainer, what a great resource! It must be frustrating to have gained after the exercise, I know it's muscle, but isn't it annoying!! Downward trend is promising though.

How are you going with the sugary tea thing?You know I think you could lose a lot of weight if you JUST cut out that and that alone! I loooovvvvve 2 sugar tea as well but I rarely have it - i think the last time i had it would have been two or three months ago.

Well my weakness is CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE AND MORE CHOCOLATE so I can't really talk hehe.

Look forward to hearing more.
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Next

Return to Personal Progress