It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 am

Free Newsletter

I hate being FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

I hate being FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby not2happy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi,
like the rest of you i have issues with my weight, that make my life a misery!
i suffer from pretty intense depression at time, which makes me binge on anything and everything, and then even more depressed.
i've just started taking medication so hopefully that will help me fight my fat external.
i am 68 kg, wanting to weigh 60. around a size 10 would be perfect. im now 25 and haven't been a size 10 since i was 19 and even then i had to workout verrrrry hard to stay at that size. i got up to 80kg this time last year, so im obviously doing a lot better with my eating since then, but ive been falling off the rails a bit with my depression and anxiety lately and am very scared of a slip up.
i took lida for 4 weeks and lost 6kg which was amazing i hardly ate and ran like mad but i felt like i was high on speed the whole time and am wondering whether the effects of those drugs contributed to my state of mind now.
i still have a pack left and am trying not to take them as i dont want them to interfere with my depression meds or study, but im getting pretty desperate.
i just need the confidence to go outside and run and eat healthily, all i seem to want to do is lay in bed, and my food of choice is chocolate, or chinese, not a very healthy combination, i think my heart could be bleeding inside of me.
i start my diet plan as of monday along with two new jobs which is exciting. i need to get healthy, happy and fit again so i pass uni, and go out and get a new boyfriend. i have very little confidence, and have never been in a long term relationship, which makes me think it either has something to do with my weight or the fact i don't 'love myself'...
will be in bed most of the weekend trying to get over a horrible flu and doing some uni work. hope everyone has a great weekend.
hopefully my next post will be on a positive note! xxx
not2happy

Re: I hate being FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:38 am

Hi Not2Happy,

Firstly, if the Lida you have is this product please do not take it. It has been recalled because it is not approved for sale in Australia. The government issued an alert about it a year ago and have advised anyone who has taken it and is worried about their health to consult a medical practitioner.

Since you are on depression medication I would recommend talking to your doctor about your weight loss goals. He or she can advise how to combine your medication with a healthy weight loss plan.

And don't worry about a lack of a boyfriend. It's probably just that you haven't found the right guy yet. My fiance is my first serious boyfriend, we didn't start dating until I was 27 and we've been together for seven years now and we're still going strong! Trust me, the right guy is worth waiting for.

I hope your two new jobs and your university studies go well. You sound like you're very busy!

I hope you get over your flu quickly.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hippy_shake » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:23 am

Hey

Just wanted to wish you all the best with your weight loss goals. Sounds like you know what to do (ie: eat healthy and exercise) but like the rest of us, might need a bit of support to get through it. I know you will find tonnes of inspiring, kind, and helpful people on the forums- I did :)
Good luck with the new jobs too, let us know how you go!

Jane.
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby yellowroses » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:37 am

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Hi Not2Happy,

Firstly, if the Lida you have is this product please do not take it. It has been recalled because it is not approved for sale in Australia. The government issued an alert about it a year ago and have advised anyone who has taken it and is worried about their health to consult a medical practitioner.

I agree with Ali on this one. You said that it felt like you were basically on speed - well it basically is speed (does all the same things - suppresses appetite and contains amphetamines). I've actually taken speed before to lose weight and it's not a road you want to go down, trust me. And if you take it for a long time, it takes a while to come off of it, and the 'come down' from speed is basically - depression, anxiety and a little paranoia mixed in.

You should find something that puts you on a natural high - watch an inspirational movie, or listen to a song that gets you feeling like you can kick the worlds butt (Eye of the Tiger or Bohemian Rhapsody always do it for me) - then go out and run. With the appetite thing, attempt to eat more soluble fibre - find a supplement (like Benefibre - you can get it at the supermarket) - and mix it in with your morning coffee. You can't even taste it. And it'll keep you feeling full for a longer period of time. Also, try to eat more protein with every meal, it also keeps you feeling full. Natural highs, and natural hunger suppressants babe! :)

I know what you mean about the chocolate and chinese being food of choice - I'm a repeat offender, but I'll get there eventually!! Just remember, if you have a bad day, that's ok - the next day is a new day and another chance to try again :) It's aaaallll goood. Personally, I find antidepressants help to lose weight for some reason. I don't know if it's the same with you. I have heard of some that put the weight on, like the pill :s All very confusing!!

We're all here to help and support :)
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby not2happy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:05 am

awh thanks girls,
yeah i know the LIDA is a bit of a nightmare.
i have just started work at an italian restaurant, the most amazing pizzas and pastas. but i start at a bottle shop on monday and if they can give me enough hours im quitting the restaurant, too much temptation in the way of food.
wow, i havent actually recorded any progress this weak, have been very bloated, period i think soon, have been for 2 runs so far, a bit slack, considering it's the 4th day into the week.
from next week i'm going hard with my goals. i know i know, procrastinating will get me nowhere. but im buying a set of scales and sticking them in my room.
might even staple a bikini to the wall! how is everyone else going? xxx
not2happy

Postby hippy_chick » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:41 am

Hey. Welcome to the forum - you'll be able to find a lot of support here.

My goal is 60kg also, and I am at 70 at the moment, so you have 2 down on me!!! :) You have done really well to get down from 80. It must be really hard to contend with sometimes with your depression. It would be good to follow wombat's suggestion to talk to your doctor about some weight loss goals. Dieting can affect our serotonin levels - I take a 5-HTP supplement to help boost serotonin levels, it's actually not serotonin, but very much like it. Anyway, getting side-tracked, but I am trying to say - emotional/mental health and dieting are very much connected so it might be wise to talk to your doctor about your goals.

I don't want to call you 'Not2Happy' :( I am a believer in state of mind playing an important part in achieving your goals. It's like the little train said 'I think I can, I think I can!'. And as I always say 'Fake It til you Make It'. It's not possible to stay positive 100% of the time, but maybe, when you start your diet on Monday, you could pick another name and start a new personal progress thread ? It's up to you - but it might not make you feel good to see 'I hate being fat' :( At 68kg, I'm sure you're not fat anyway. I'm sure you have a lot of great things to love about your body, so just think of those, and think of your weight loss goals as a little adventure and challenge that you can work towards. A positive adventure, with a positive attitude :)

Well, that's enough preeching from me!! (sorry!!) I look forward to hearing more from you soon.
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Postby not2happy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:34 am

this 5-htp supplement sounds interesting. will look it up. do you buy it online? xxx
ps day 1 went ok in terms of food,
breakfast - special k with hilo milk, cup skim coffee
lunch - 6 ryvita with cottage cheese and light ham (maybe too many ryvitas - too many carbs! - but was in a rush)
snack - almonds, cup skim coffee, peppermint tea
dinner - 2 sausages (bad!), mash & frozen veg
snack - orange, chamomile tea

yeah i need to start eating tuna with almonds and salad every day for lunch again. or maybe even do the special k diet, two bowels of cereal a day (it works TOO) and then the tuna with almonds and salad for dinner, a bit boring though i guess.

anyway have to focus on the good things yes, the fact im not running to the servo to binge, if i eat less chocolate, chips and take away, none of which i have access to at home, i can only loose weight.

will weigh in tomorrow and in a week too. although the scales here are a bit different to the ones at home.

hmmmmmmmmm x
not2happy

Postby hippy_chick » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:25 am

Hey!!

Sounds like you are still on track!

5HTP you can get from a health food store. It's a natural supplement. But I think you would need to check with your doctor if you're already taking other meds...

Your diet plan sounds a little like mine did to begin with, sort of with not much plans for variation. For two weeks all I ate was chicken salad! Healthy, but I was soooo bored. I think it's very important to have variety, even if you're on a diet. Otherwise you'll just get bored! The fun thing about dieting is that you can laern about different ways of preparing food and different types of healthy food. After all, we're trying to develop new ways of living and we can't eat the same thing forever.

I found that magazines can often show healthy meal plans and give different ideas for meals. I did the special K thing for a bit as well, but it gets a little boring. I really believe food is there for enjoyment and not just for nutrition so even when on a diet, I dont' think we shoudl need to deprive ourselves of flavour and variety.

So feel free to experiment a little, and remember, there are many different combinations and types of foods you can eat for breakfast lunch and dinner with the similar, healthy calory contents so don't feel you have to box yourself in to a regimented eating plan just because you're on a diet :) Enjoy it!
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Postby not2happy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:18 pm

coffee number...?
ive lost count. i seem to be relying alot on caffeine of late to keep me going!
worked 3 hours in the early morning and have cleaned the house and done around 3 hours of study, then a lecture tonight.
went shopping to buy some more food for the house.
so far today (i have been bad!) i have eaten:

breakfast - coffee and 2 minute noodles (we didn't have any milk!)
lunch - ham and cheese toastie (low fat ham, and cheese with wholegrain bread)
snack - chocolate covered licorice, only 3g of fat though i checked because i was drooling over lollies in the aisle and it seemed like a healthier option
snack - almonds, coffee

will have some fruit later today and salad with dinner and sausages again (boring student food)

tomorrow night i am making an asian beef casserole which is beef, veges, stock, bit of red wine, etc, not too unhealthy i hope!! and back onto the cereal again tomorrow.

was going to join the gym but i think i will never go so tomorrow i will go for a run, havent done anything yet this week in terms of excercise except for work (which involves a lot of lifting and walking) so feeling pretty bad, as all i seem to do is sit down and study LARDARSE!

thanks for the comments, yeah i know my name isnt positive but i'm trying to scare myself into being thin and happy and having the body i deserve and desire, but yeah need to get on track with an excercise plan and get cravings under control. think i have my period coming up which is why i couldnt resist the choc licorice stick.

why is all the fatty unhealthy food so cheap at coles, when the capscicums are like a zilllllllllion dollars a kilo.

:(

a xxx
not2happy

Postby not2happy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:41 pm

so dinner was a really nice salad and three sausages.
today ive had special k, two coffees and a handful of salt and vinegar chips i really shouldnt buy them because i cant resist.
i am happy that im not binging though, usually i would eat the whole pack.
going out for lunch, and i want to go for a walk/run tonight. need to get serious about this. i want to loose a kg this week. see how i go. i am weak.
not2happy

Return to Personal Progress