It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 am

Free Newsletter

mad2bthin's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

mad2bthin's progress

Postby mad2bthin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:10 am

well it had been a week since i started my racical weight loss and i am very happy with the progress my start weight was 127.5kg and i am now 123kg after 7 days i am very happy with the results and i hope i can keep it up i can already notice the difference the way i am doing this may not make eveyone happy but its working for me so once i get over the hurdal of being so tired it will be much better so i look forward to next saturdays weigh in..
mad2bthin

Re: mad2bthin's progress

Postby Zoe2312 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:36 pm

i read somewhere else that you're only eating 500 calories a day... Is that enough? Sounds like you're making great progress though!! hope you don't overdo it!
Zoe2312

Postby yellowroses » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:47 pm

Hey mad2bthin,

Welcome to the forums! It's nice to see that you're making a commitment to changing your life by losing weight however, I do have some concerns for the way that you are attempting to do it. I'm sure a few other girls on here can give you more info, but just personally - are you sure that you can eat only 500 calories a day for the rest of your life? Because while it may work in the short run, in the long run you're likely to put all that weight back on and some because you simply cannot stick to that strict of a diet. Apparently the slower you lose the weight, the more likely you are to keep it off in the long run. Even very low calorie diets (like slimfast etc) recommend that you have about 800 calories a day but that you only do it for 12 weeks because of health risks - at that point you need to wean yourself onto a proper 1200 - 2000 calorie diet (depending on your weight at the time). I currently weigh 127kgs (just like where you started), and using calorieking I know that I can eat about 2100 calories a day and by going to the gym and stuff I'm losing it very slowly, but I know that I'm going to keep it off!

I wish you all the best of luck at changing your lifestyle and losing that weight and I really hope you do - but I hope you don't do it at the expense of your health.

Good luck hun,
YR.
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby Zoe2312 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:05 pm

To give you another example of calories, I currently weight 100kg, and i know my body can maintain my weight when i eat 1900 calories, but becuase i want to lose weight i'm trying to aim for around 1400 per day, more when i exercise lots :D
Zoe2312

Postby candycane » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:36 pm

im in agreeance with the other girls - if u lower your calorie intake to under 900 cals you'll find yourself a) putting it back on quickly as soon as u increase the cals or b) your body says 'your not feeding me enough!' and starts storeing what u do eat rather then processing it - it gets scared u wont feed it again. I currently (at 77 kilos) eat at least 1200 - 1500 calories per day on the books, and more if i go out for dinner.

Welcome to the forum! good luck with your lifestyle change xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Return to Personal Progress