It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Freddy's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Freddy's progress

Postby Freddy » Tue May 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Yeah, just had my hair cut today, feels a lot more comfortable than the length it was. Besides that, the beard probably would stop itching but I got a bit crazy...
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Fri May 22, 2009 7:59 am

The shorter hair feels great, and it looks pretty neat as well. I feel comfortable and content with it, so I'm leaving it as it is. No more examples like Ryan Reynolds, or Jason Statham, or anyone at all for the 'new' hairdue. I am the way I am, changing my hairdue will not change the fact that it's getting thinner, and maybe even go bald in a bunch of years. I'll take it one haircut at a time ;)

Besides that, I've noticed my weight going up again for the past few days. Reason is that my Wii gave me some sore shoulders, which kept me from riding my bike. As well, I lost the battle with a bag of cheese-onion chips. My eyes were stronger than the bag, it just tore open, I swear!!! :roll: So weight's not been going that great, but I'm still below 87kg's, so it's not that very bad. I've got some days off for the rest of the week, have to start again this Monday. From than, I'll be riding the bike only. As my friends from Bikeforums.net say: HTFU (Harden the F*&^ up!). They're right. I'm a pussy, for not riding my bike 250km a week, but lacking off and riding it for about 100km. I feel bad about is, as I'm writing this post :(

Goals for the upcoming weeks:
1) Ride the bike for 250km/week
2) Drop weight till 80kg's
3) Get some new casual shirts
3) Get a bit new stem for the bike, to make commuting more comfortable
4) Get new cycling socks (the old white ones don't match the black shoes, black shorts, and blue or yellow shirt ;))
5) Clean up the computer area for a more relaxed state of mind
6) Do the above at work too, with a nice set of pictures of my wife and little girl

5 and 6 should influence my workflow at both the job and at home. I'm sick of lacking off at all sorts of things. I have to finish what I started... And stop blaming the ADD... And my mind is drifting off... Must be the ADD... Wait, I wouldn't blame that anymore.

Ah, time for bed now.

Captains log, stardate 2259/21052009

Signing off.
Freddy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri May 22, 2009 10:49 am

Sorry to hear that the Wii hurt your shoulders. I hope you enjoy your bike riding next week! I think that 100km is a huge amount of cycling to do in a week. Sure some people do more than that, but similarly some people jog casually and others run marathons. I think there's enough room for different levels of commitment.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Freddy » Fri May 22, 2009 5:02 pm

Very well said, my queen ;)

It's not just that I am that committed to it. It's also that riding the train/subway all month costs me at least €150. Riding the bike is somewhat free. All that costs money here is a simple lube job a week and a set of tires each year. And unfortunately some parts to improve the comfort.

I like cycling, but what I like more is cycling comfortably :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sat May 23, 2009 6:24 am

No news today. Went to a bunch of stores today with the entire family, because we needed a few things like shoes, shirts and others. So we got into the car and survived the day on cans of diet coke and candy. Not good...

Something else that's been bothering me is that my wife (once again) is getting her period. We try so hard, but she just doesn't seem to be able to get pregnant again. Of course, her history of one working ovary and the fact that a bunch of organs were all tangled up inside her doesn't really help. We're scared this situation has started again, after it had been removed by a gynaecologist. My wife's got an appointment scheduled with the gynaecologist in September.
This gynaecologist fixed my wife up so well, that she got pregnant at the first shot after treatment. I have nothing but respect for him, and I hope he will be able to tell us more on what's going on with my wife now. I really hope she'll become pregnant soon, because we really want more kids. A load of them...

Next to that it turned out that our househunt is most probably far from over. We thought to be around #8 on the list, but it turns out we're more like #150 on the list. So we have to wait it off. I want to move as soon as possible. For me, and for my wife. She really needs something else on her mind than being scared her medical situation has returned. Besides that, we'd like to live a bit less expensive. As we think we've been paying too much for the roof we live under, and I've been paying far too much for mass transit, the economical crisis has also come our way. It's not hitting us as hard as it's hitting some others, but we notice it in some small things.
So there's another reason to commute by bike, besides that it's healthy and eases my mind so I can think normally.

As I've learned that I have ADD several things changed for me. It's more clear to me than ever, why I am the way I am and why I respond to situations the way I do. I finally understand why I am thinking so clear, when I'm on my bike. I feel more content with myself, as there just are things that I cannot change.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sat May 23, 2009 7:58 am

Goals for the upcoming weeks:
1) Ride the bike for 250km/week
2) Drop weight till 80kg's
3) Get some new casual shirts
4) Get a bit new stem for the bike, to make commuting more comfortable
5) Get new cycling socks (the old white ones don't match the black shoes, black shorts, and blue or yellow shirt ;))
6) Clean up the computer area for a more relaxed state of mind
7) Do the above at work too, with a nice set of pictures of my wife and little girl

Done:
6) is done now. Desktop seems pretty clean. Wires are cleaned up nicely. All I still need is a set of pictures of my wife and daughter on my digital picture frame and I'll be all set.
3) is done as well. I got two new polo shirts. Casual enough to just still be able to wear them to the office. Dressed up enough to look just that little bit more sophisticated when I'm casual.

Planning:
1) Starting this Monday.
2) Starting this Monday, I have a timeframe set to lose around 6kg's (down till 80kg's from now) in around 4 weeks.
4) The money train will be stopping by in a few days from now, when the money's in, I'm ordering a new (shorter) stem <- That actually sounds a little bit disgusting...
5) Thought I'd get those today, but the socks I found were too low. They have the tendency to crawl down my feet into my shoes... So I'm still looking around, probably something that will be taken care of between now and 4 weeks from now. I'm not in a hurry for a few pairs of new socks lol ;)
7) I'll probably do this next Friday, I have an early shift then. I don't think I'll have the time to do it any sooner.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sat May 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Another busy day ahead of me. I have loads of work to do today. Have to make another stop by IKEA, since they have a nice new table and ours just is err... Well, most of you know what happens when you pour a few glasses of lemonade over a cheap IKEA table, and have a few kids sit at the table drawing pictures and such. There's not too much left of it, so I'm going to IKEA, getting me some excercise.
Freddy

Postby Shalimar » Sat May 23, 2009 6:23 pm

I know how you feel in the baby stakes Freddy, it took us over 6 years to have our son and that was after being told we would never have any babies.

I am now hopeful that as I have lost weight we may be blessed once again.I even started on iron and folate tablets the other day "just in case" :wink: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Freddy » Sat May 23, 2009 6:42 pm

I hope you'll be able to get pregnant again. Before the gynaecologist operated on my wife, he told us we had about 1% chance to ever get pregnant. I hope we'll be fine.
Freddy

Postby Shalimar » Sat May 23, 2009 8:27 pm

My fingers are crossed for you both also Freddy :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Freddy » Sun May 24, 2009 7:18 am

I made it through the day, thank God. I absolutely haven't been eating the way I should have, but I don't really car about that now.

We got a great new coffee table at IKEA:

And besides that I have done a few things around the house. Put a few more pictures on the 'gallery wall' and had a rough time in the garden, getting our laundry mill up.
Most important thing I did during the evening is tinker around with my vintage road bike. I love working on it and improving it any way I can. I have decided to put it back as it originally was, so I have taken apart the brake calipers and cleaned those up. Ah well, nothing you'd care about so I'll keep it to myself ;)
Freddy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun May 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Good luck with getting pregnant again. I hope you guys have more kids, you sound like such nice people and you must be brilliant parents!

The table from Ikea looks great. I'm on the look-out for a side table at the moment, but a combination of no money to buy it and no car to pick it up are stymying my search somewhat. :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Freddy » Mon May 25, 2009 6:50 am

Thanks EWQ.

Today was a bad day again. I've decided that this week will be a near perfect week to get myself to ride 250km. So I'm going for it, and I'm starting tomorrow morning. The weather here is great though they're expecting some light thunderstorms the upcoming days. I'll see what happens, I'm riding :)

Next to that I'm minding me eating and drinking patters a bit closer. I know I've been eating all the wrong stuff for the past days, and I know it has packed up in my body. By tomorrow morning we'll know how bad the damage actually is.
I've also noticed that whenever a co-worker takes the coffee tray and asks me if I want something to drink, the answer is: coffee. I have to stop doing that, the coffee at work isn't even that great. I should better drink more water, so I'm starting tomorrow. Wouldn't hurt anyway, as temperatures are getting higher. Expectations for the upcoming week are already near 30C :o
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Tue May 26, 2009 5:00 am

Today seemed to go great. Didn't eat much, drank a lot.

Breakfast: Slice of 'cake'
In between: Apple
Lunch: 4 Crackers without anything on it
In between: 2 rice waffles
Diner: Cabbage and roasted chicken (no fat :D)
In between: Donut

I did two rides of 25km as well today and I feel great as the weather is awesome :D
Besides that I also had a 30min walk during lunchtime.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Tue May 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Yesterday I weighed 87.8, this morning I'm weighing 86.8. Sounds like a good (maybe somewhat extreme) loss for a day. Though, I flushed my body entirely yesterday, as I drank around 2.5 liters of water and ate just enough to not feel hungry.

No cycling today. around 2AM the skies opened up, and we had a hail/thunderstorm. There's still more to come if I'm believing the forecasts, so I'm not riding.
Freddy

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress