It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Chicky babe in the making...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Chicky babe in the making...

Postby cherricola » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Well I've just returned from an awesome workout at the gym... Feeling fantastic!! Waiting for the man of the house to come home so we can have dinner, then I'm contemplating dragging him out with me to walk the dog...

My gym does monthly weigh in's and measurments, so I am still deciding whether or not to do my own weekly weigh in's... I suppose it couldn't hurt - would probably keep me more on track actually... See how I go on Thursday or Friday.

I only joined the gym last monday, and did 4 workouts last week. This week I'm aiming for 5 with a few walks thrown in the mix too.

Is there anyone else here who is a member of a Curves gym?? I'm wanting to find out how it's worked for others... if they've seen some really great results... I love the workout, I'm just worried that it's not going to have that great of an effect on my weightloss...???

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Cola
:D
cherricola

Re: Chicky babe in the making...

Postby cherricola » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:08 am

Well, I've made a decision. I will participate in weekly weigh-in's from home...

I'm off to buy my first set of scales this arvo - after I hit the gym of course!

I will do my first weigh-in tonight, and see what the scales have to say!! I'm a little hesitant, but I'm also looking forward to being able to track my progress more closely.

Wish me luck ladies - this is just the beginning!! :o
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:10 am

I can't wait to see how you are doing cherricola :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby cherricola » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 am

Thanks for your support Shalimar!

I've read a few of you're posts and might I say, you've achieved so much!! Congratulations to you and best of luck on reaching your goal.

From what I've seen so far, I'm sure you'll be there in no time! You're an amazing woman, and I can only hope that I can find the same motivation and determination as you have found in yourself to continue on this journey...
:D
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Thanks so much Cherricola :D . I know I have a way to go yet but I have come further than what I have left to go iykwim :lol: .
I am so determined and confident that I will make it.

Best of luck on your journey :D .
Take care, Sue.

Shalimar

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi there cherricola ... All the best on your journey !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby cherricola » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:21 pm

Thanks Goddess…

I’ve had a flick through some of your posts over the past couple of days, and might I say you have done INCREDIBLY well in your weightloss so far!! I see you work a lot of hours, and yet you have still managed to achieve so much!! :D

I hope to get to know you better and watch you progress further… I wish you the very best of luck in your journey!

Thanks again for your message.

:)
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Shalimar wrote:Thanks so much Cherricola :D . I know I have a way to go yet but I have come further than what I have left to go iykwim :lol: .
I am so determined and confident that I will make it.

Best of luck on your journey :D .
Take care, Sue.

That's so great that you've already managed to get so far with your progress... It must be a great feeling.

I too am finally feeling determined and motivated to get this weight off… I tend to go through phases where I will get in to the gym and all that, then start going less and less, until I just stop. At the beginning of last year I was REALLY in to it… going most days, sometimes twice a day and eating fairly well. I dropped a few kg’s then met the now fiancee… then I fell head over heels in love and got totally distracted… LOL. I’m not blaming him for my lack of willpower, but I used to let myself believe that it was more important to spend time with him rather than going to the gym…

Now I know that it is more important to look after myself first – in the long run it will be better for us both. And besides, I want to look HOT on my wedding day!! LOL. Hubby to be is being very supportive of my new challenge to lose weight, and has agreed to walk with me of a night after dinner… Well he said he’ll use the kids scooter and scoot besides me cos he hates walking… Can’t wait to see a grown man riding a little girls bright purple scooter around the neighbourhood!!

Anyway Sue, I can’t wait to get to know you, and the other girls around the forums a whole lot better… I think this is the best support network I’ve ever come across, even only being on here for a couple of days…

Hope you’re having a great day!!!

Cheers,
Cola
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:01 pm

You definitely sound in the right frame of mind for success so that is a great start :) .

There is heaps of encouragement and inspiration around here and it goes a long way to helping in the battle.

See you around the forums :D .

Shalimar

Postby cherricola » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 pm

What a f**king DISASTER tonight turned out to be!!!

I changed into my gym clothes and left work all geared up for a good workout at the gym, got about 15 minutes down the road, cruising along at 70km's an hour when I try to slow down for the built up traffic ahead of me and BANG - this massive noise comes from the front passenger side wheel of the car and I start skidding for the guard rail on the centre median strip of the highway...

Me being a not so mechanically minded female assumed I had a flat tire - so I ring H2B and ask him to come rescue me and suss out the damage (I didn't get out to look myself in fear of being taken out by a truck as I was only JUST off the road - arse end still on the highway a bit)...

So while I'm waiting for him to turn up, an old guy on a motorbike pulls over to see if I'm okay... I say "yeah mate, just waiting for my other half to get here and change the tire". He tells me I'm going to need more than a change of the tyre because my whole wheel is now turned on a 90 degree angle to the car... GREAT!! Just what I wanted to hear - NOT!!

I slowly feel my workout at the gym being taken away from me... by this time it's nearing 6pm and the gym closes at 7pm. :(

Chris finally arrives - tells me that the front end has completely f**ked itself and he needs to go back and get the tow truck from work. So I'm left on the side of the road again..

A few minutes later I see the flashing lights of a policeman on his motorbike pulling up behind me. He decides he's going to wait with me until Chris returns with the truck... Mind you it's peak hour - and traffic report time on the news and the radio... I look up - there's the traffic helicopters... I ring my mum - YAY I've made it on the news!!!

"Broken down car holding up traffic southbound on the Ipswich Motorway"

Could my day get any worse?!?!?!?

So now that I've gotten all that off my chest - I'm absolutely spewing!! Didn't get to go to the gym... Didn't get to buy a new set scales.. Didn't get to have my pork and veges for dinner... I had to settle with spending my evening making small talk with a police officer and a toasted ham sandwich for tea!!

Not cool, not cool at all...

Thankfully there are 3 other cars here for me to drive... Let's see if I can actually make it (incident free) to the gym tomorrow night!!!

Night all...

Cola xx
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:53 am

I feel your pain Cola, some twonk pulled out of a side street and hit the back of my car on the way home from picking up junior from school yesterday, bugger all damage but I was so mad-probably because I had junior in the car with me. Cars and roads scare me at the best of times :x .
Better luck for today.
Take care, Sue.

PS. My hubby is called Chris also :) .

Shalimar

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:40 am

Hope today is a much better day for you !!!

I love your enthusiasm and approach to your weightloss ! I can see you at goal very soon !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Freddy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Hope you'll have a better day today.

But hey, you made it onto the news. You've managed to be in front of the holdups for once ;)
Freddy

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Cherricola, what an interesting evening...lol At least you can say you didn't get to the gym becasue of ummmm car troubles. You still intended to go so thats a good thing. Is there any way you can jog around your neighbourhood for day you don't get to the gym on time?
Keep up your attitude towards going tot he gym cos your doing great to start with.
Tarz

Postby cherricola » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:38 pm

Hehe - yes, yesterday was an interesting day to say the least!! LOL.

Today, has been crazy busy at work... Trying to book Christmas parties, organise new born baby hampers for one of our tech's who had a baby this morning, trying to find a house for my temporary service manager, all while trying to get my normal daily tasks completed!! Plus I had to take a couple of hours off to go to the doctor to get my shoulder looked at after last night's events... Pinched a nerve - no gym for a couple of days - Doctor's Orders!! :( Not happy about that!!

However, my boss has just asked me to drop a document off to a consultant who lives near me, so instead of driving over there to drop it off after work, I've decided I'll walk the couple of km's to drop it off then come home and chillax...

So... big news!! I bought my first set of scales today (while I was meant to be at the doctor's... LOL) - I couldn't wait until after work to try them out so I went home on my way back to work to give them a test drive... I liked what they said! 104.7kg!!! YAY - already a loss - unless my scales are in disagreeance with the ones at the gym... if so, I like mine better!! heheh :lol:

Well that's my news for now... a loss of 1.4kg since last Monday - can't complain... :)
cherricola

Next

Return to Personal Progress