It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:37 am

Free Newsletter

Chicky babe in the making...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Chicky babe in the making...

Postby cherricola » Fri May 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks EWQ.

Wow, that wii game knackered me - and that was only in the warm-up (fitness test thingy)... :(

I'm feeling less and less motivated the more I realise how unfit I really am, and how HARD this is going to be...

I've just set up a new profile on Calorie King, I didn't want to continue with the old one - so I'm starting afresh in all aspects. It has recommended I consume 1720 calories per day. I've filled in today's food so far, and am not going too bad I don't think... And I'm thinking of cooking some Chicken breast with Season-All, and a Caesar salad for dinner...

B- Up & Go
S - Apple
L - Lean Cuisine (Malaysian Chicken Curry w/ Rice)
S - Snack packet of Vege Chips

Any suggestions on improvement would be great though...

I'll be heading to the gym tonight anyway, but for now I must go and continue cleaning this pigsty of a house I have (it's so feral at the moment, I'm embarrassed to be in it myself!), and then I'll jump on the wii fit and do my first test in about 3 months on there... :( Maybe I should start a new profile on there too...
cherricola

Postby Freddy » Fri May 22, 2009 5:21 pm

We might be able to setup a online connection and play the Wii against each other ;)
Freddy

Postby cherricola » Fri May 22, 2009 5:37 pm

How do I do that Freddy?? :?
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Mon May 25, 2009 1:22 pm

First PT session at the gym coming up tonight..!! SCARY :shock: Hopefully going to sort out a program for me and find out a little more info about the 12 week challenge they have starting up in a couple of weeks...

Spent 5 hours yesterday washing trucks... we do it every weekend, and I never thought to put it into CK as exercise. As they didn't have "Truck Washing" as an exercise, I put it down as "Cleaning the House"... And it worked out to be burning over 1000 calories..!! OMG, I was stoked!! The trucks we wash are biiiiiiiig trucks too - and that 5 hours is constant washing trying to get it done faster... We wash one big oil tanker truck and one tipper. It's such a pain in the ar$e job, but we get paid cash for it and that money that we make goes towards our wedding, so I feel bad not helping...
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Tue May 26, 2009 10:17 am

Well I had my first appointment at the gym last night... Got a program sorted out and purchased a 3 session starter pack with the PT - first session next Monday night and we're doing Boxing - so he told me to have my game face on... Now I'm really scared!!!

The PT has told me to do mostly cardio work (3-4 times a week) - interval training - a few minutes to warm up, then go hard for 30 seconds, ease off for 30 seconds, go hard again for 30 seconds and so on for 10 minutes, then a few minutes to cool down... He suggested doing 10 minutes at a steady pace on the cross-trainer,then the 30 sec hard / easy interval for ten minutes, then ten minutes slowing down... Dude, I'm flat out doing 5 minutes at a steady pace full stop! Let alone that long!! :shock: :shock: :shock: My legs feel like their ready to drop off at about three minutes, then after 5 my legs turn to complete jelly! How the hell am I going to do this?!?!?!?!?!? :roll:

As for the resistance training - he's set me up a program to do once a week... starting of with squats - 1 set of 12 with no weights, then two sets of 12 with hand weights. After that on to the leg press - warm up with one set of 12 reps with both legs, then 3 sets of 12 reps with one leg at a time. Then on to the upper body workout - seated row, chest press, and lat pulldown. 3 sets of 12 reps each. With the aim to move up one rep or one notch / kg on the weights each week.

I also had a look at the C25K program on the net last night... looks interesting - will see how I go with finding the time to do it though, but I'd eventually like to be able to do it so I can participate properly in the Bridge to Brisbane! But I think that's a long way off yet...
cherricola

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 26, 2009 10:38 am

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at the gym. The interval training sounds hard but I've heard it's the best way to burn calories. Good luck with it! Boxing sounds great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Good luck and let us know how you get on with your PT sessions. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby cherricola » Tue May 26, 2009 12:02 pm

EWQ, I have never done any boxing before - so I'm really looking forward to it - still scared though!! LOL.

I'm going head-to-head with two of my friends in a 12 week challenge... One is in Sydney and the other lives on the opposite side of Brisbane to me... so the plan is to go hard for 12 weeks, and then go in the Bridge to Brisbane, with the reward for completeing it a night in a luxury hotel being pampered... I'm pretty competetive with the friend in Sydney so I WANT TO WIN THIS!!

I think I'll see how I go with the three PT sessions that I've bought and hopefully I'll enjoy it enough to buy more and keep going... I didn't get to ask him about the 12 week challenge they have that starts up in June, but might email now and find out a little more detail...

Has anyone here undertaken one before??
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Ok – so tonight is PT night. My first proper training session… Last week was just to sort out the program and get me going… Tonight is it!! Time to get my $hit together and get real…

One problem – I’M KNACKERED!!! LOL – I went to the gym yesterday for my first go at the weight program that John (PT) set up for me… Probably not a good idea the day before a hardcore boxing PT session… I can barely walk! My legs are absolutely bloody killing me!! :D So I need to gather all of my strength and energy and amp myself up for tonight…

I went to the doctor’s last week to speak to him about weight loss… He weighed me and said I should go on some pills – he didn’t tell me what they were, just told me to go and get some blood tests the next morning and come back and see him on Friday.

So I went back on Friday – blood tests were all clear, and I had to do a pregnancy test too (negative), then he handed me a script for Duromine. I’ve read up a lot about it, and other people’s experiences on it… I thought it couldn’t hurt to give it a try – but if I have any side effects, I will stop taking it…

I took my first tablet on Saturday morning – about half an hour later I was dying of thirst and bursting with energy! I’d expected this effect from reading what had happened to others…

So I dragged H2B out of bed at 8:00am and cleaned the house top to bottom, then the gardens…!! My house was sparkling clean by 10:30am!! I drank about 3 litres of water and only had a minimal amount to eat – but I made sure I did eat – even though I wasn’t hungry… I don’t want to go starving myself completely on these tablets because I know that when I come off them I am still going to need to eat…

Yesterday – day 2 – was at the gym by 7:30am to do the weight program… then we went and washed the trucks again… once again I was go go go the whole time… Had some weetbix for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and half a sandwich for dinner… lots of water again. By last night I'd lost 2kg's already... Is this normal??

Today – day 3 – woke up at 4:30am and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I got up and cleaned up from dinner from last night and made the kids lunches… went back and layed with H2B for a bit, then got up and came to work… I’m feeling a little bit weary now though, and got a case of the yawns going on. Haven’t drank as much water today – only about 1.5L so far, and I’ve had an up & go and a Caesar salad to eat today, also a muesli bar.

Three more hours to gather some energy for my punishing tonight at the gym… Wish me luck!!
cherricola

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Good luck for the gym tonight! I've heard that Duromine can cause big weight losses, but I haven't taken it so I can't tell you for sure. If you're feeling the need to drink that much water maybe you're losing a fair bit of fluid. If your doctor is monitoring you on a regular basis then it should be fine.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby cherricola » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:22 pm

EWQ,
He has asked me to come back every 4 weeks to review my loss, and possibly up the strength of the pills. I'm on the 15mg at the moment, and he said depending how I go with the first script, we might move up to the stronger ones.

I don't know though - I feel like I'm cheating myself somehow though by taking them... Like I feel like I'm just proving to myself that I really am not strong enough to do it by myself... :( I think (well I hope) that once I see some initial losses, I'll have the confidence to be able to get on with it on my own... without the help of pills etc.

I don't know much about the whole "fluid retention" thing... how does it work? If I'm drinking a lot of water, then I could be losing fluids?? It doesn't make sense to me - if I'm filling my body with fluid (water) how am I managing to lose it?? LOL - maybe a silly question, but I just don't get it... :lol: :?
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:11 am

OMG - how much fun is boxing?!?!?!?

I love, love, loved it!!! Cannot wait til next time already... My body is aching all over, but it feels good... even though it is near impossible to walk down the stairs, I get about 3 stairs down and feel like I should be sitting on my bum and sliding down the stairs one at a time like a little kid... :lol:

Next PT session is next Wednesday night... Might have a rest night tonight and let my legs and the rest of me recoup a bit, then get back in to it tomorrow night.

Feeling awesome today!!! Hope this feeling hangs around...!! :)
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:58 am

Wowweee... I feel a little spaced out today... I think it's the tablets... I felt a bit like this on Saturday when I took my first one, and then it sort of died off over the last two days, but today I feel like I can't sit still & I'm dying of thirst again...

I wonder if it is meant to go in waves like this... Feeling all go go go for a day or two, then sort of normal for the following day or two, then back to the go go go!!!

I feel like I should be up and about doing something, but I sit at a desk all day, so it would seem that my fingers are giong mad on the keyboard and i'm typing like a crazy lady!! haha

Hmm.. must find something to do... :shock:
cherricola

Postby BBgal » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:41 am

hey cherricola, sounds like your having a wild ride? when is your official weigh in day? I can weight to see how your hard work + the tablets do. I was thinking have you ever seen the little step machines? how about one of those under your desk when you feel like that and you can just use it while you sit... lol or one of those thigh masters!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby cherricola » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:47 am

BBgal, it has been a bit of a wild ride the past few days...
My official weigh-in day is tomorrow, Thursdays... As of Monday I'd lost 2kg's, so we'll see what the scales have to say tomorrow morning. Those little step machines sound interesting - but no, I've never seen them... May have to look in to that in the next few weeks - we're having our office fully renovated at the moment, so there is $hit everywhere, including under my desk.. :lol: so once that's all done with, I might have to see about a step machine for sure!! For the meantime, my leg is just tap tap tapping under the desk to the beat of the radio lol
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:44 am

Just had a sneaky peak at the scales... I've lost another 1kg since Thursday... now down to 101.00kg on the dot! 1kg to go for my first mini-goal!! :D
cherricola

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress