It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Striving for weight loss

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Striving for weight loss

Postby STRIVE » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:25 am

Hello everyone,

Thanks for clicking in. I have actually already started my weight loss journey and have been quite pleased with my progress. I have actually been contributing to a daily post in the 'weekly challenge' forum, however I have found that this topic area is probably better suited to what I need.

I have been working hard at my weight loss for a week now. I'm aiming to loose about 10-15 kg. A week ago I weighed myself at 77kg and seem to have lost 2kg over the past week. I'm really wrapped with that result although I know that it is almost impossible to maintain a 2kg weight loss every week. I have completely changed my eating habits (maintaining regular meals which are portion controlled and cutting out my snacking on junk food). I am also working hard to do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. I am also making sure I carry a water bottle with me at all times.

So once again, thanks for clicking in. I think this website is terrific for people who want to loose weight and I look forward to hearing from some of you. I'm really keen to keep this post like a daily diary and to be honest and open about my experiences. Feel free to offer advice or suggestions if you have any that have worked for you.

Best wishes. XOXOXOX
:D
STRIVE

Re: Striving for weight loss

Postby STRIVE » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:15 pm

Well yesterday I had a good day. I ended up going into the city to do a bit of shopping. It's amazing how much walking you really do find yourself doing when you hit the streets to shop. I was probably shopping for about two hours so I figured that it covered my cardio workout for the day. My weight loss journey has been the greatest so far. I'm really surprised how dedicated I have been and resisted the urge to splurge. I decided to reward myself with a new pair of shoes! ha ha ha ha
:lol:
STRIVE

Postby Indi3 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi Strive

Well done on the loss and cutting out junky snacks. I think 30 mins of exercise a day is an attiainable daily goal to STRIVE for :) and something you can easily fit into your lifestyle.

Shoes as a reward is so much more fulfilling than food and will keep you happier for longer than a chocolate bar or whatever your naughty food crave may be.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.. look forward to reading the updates..

Indi :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby STRIVE » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:45 am

Well yesterday I had my first terrible day. I fell off the wagon. I'm feeling really disappointed in myself.

As I look back I can see there was a fork in the road. I could have continued on my good weight loss journey or travelled down a path that I shouldn't have. It started innocently enough as I decided to share a BBQ meal with the family. I said to myself that I would have a very small piece of steak and stock up on the salad. Well I did that, however, I then got stuck into the pasta salad and found myself going back for more and more and more. Then I had to have a biscuit but then found myself going back for more and more and more. ARGH!!!!

So now I'm feeling terrible. I feel like all my hard work has been a waste of time. AND because I have had a taste of my overindulging ways I feel like I want to go back to that again. I can hear those terrible voices in my head 'why deprive yourself of such nice food?', 'maybe overindulging once in awhile is not so bad', however I know that if I take that attitude I'd be overindulging more than not!

So today I'm going to try and get back on this bloody horse and continue my weight loss journey. ARGH !!!!!!!!
STRIVE

Postby STRIVE » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:49 am

I think I need a bit of a kick up the backside. I'm starting to slip backwards. Today I had a better day than yesterday, however, I still didn't resist a few items I should have. I weighed myself again today and it seems that I have put on a kg. Why is it so easy to put weigh ON and so hard to take it OFF? I guess it will be one of those mysteries. I'm not too sure how often I should be weighing myself but I'm always so curious and feeling like I should have those instant results that we are all seeking.

Tomorrow this is my plan -
Get back on the water. Drink, drink, drink.
Go for a run/walk. Push myself further in the running than previously.
Get back into the healthy eating. Remember that results dont happen over night and not to be put off.

Thanks.
STRIVE

Postby STRIVE » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:59 am

[/url]
STRIVE

Postby STRIVE » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:05 am

[/url]
STRIVE

Postby STRIVE » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:09 pm

Well I did it....kind of. I have improved compared to the last couple of days, however, I can still see where I can improve even more.

I'm still really keen to binge eat though. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to stop binge eating? ? ? ? ? ?

I'm feeling like I'm on the edge.
STRIVE

Postby STRIVE » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:34 pm

I have some bad news, I can feel myself slipping. I'm really trying hard to get the motivation back that I had a few days ago but I'm finding it really tough. Does anyone have any great motivational tips?
STRIVE

Return to Personal Progress