It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Wendy's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Wendy's Journey

Postby curvygirl » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:15 pm

I have been struggling with depression for the past 4 years. I have been heavily medicated and have been in therapy for the past 2 years. Alot of my depression has been associated with my self esteem and how I feel about myself.
As you know I started a journey to loose weight and to feel better about myself. I was traveling along well and had lost almost 14 kilos. I was happy with the loss and although it didnt change my life I was starting to feel a little better.
The problem was that no one really notice my weight loss. :evil: I hadnt received coments from anyone even my family who knew I was desperate to loose weight and the old feelings started to return. :twisted: I figured that if no one noticed then what was the point. I may as well stay overweight and miserable as it didnt seem to matter either way. :(
I have given up over the past 2 weeks and even put the scales away. I just dont know how to lift back up again.
I know that there are some of you out there that have struggled with similar feelings and would love to get your feedback.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Re: Wendy's Journey

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:44 pm

I'm sorry to hear all that Wendy, you were doing so well. I had wondered where you had got to.
Why don't you update your progress shots and then we can all give you some feedback, hopefully it just may be the lift you need :D .

Take care and try not to stress, Sue.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Cac33 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Sorry to hear what you have been going through Wendy. I'm not really sure what to say but wanted you to know I'm hear to talk to if you ever need to, you have me on facebook or PM me any time day or night.
xoxoxox
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Cac33 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:53 pm

I had another thought, have you bought new clothes recently? I've found when I'm wearing better fitted clothes the weight loss is much more noticable so if you're still wearing things that are falling off you its not helping. Maybe a well deserved shopping trip is in order to pick your spirits up.

Cheer up charlie, I don't like seeing you so sad. :D xoxox
Cass

Cac33

Postby curvygirl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks girls. Its lovely to know that you care so much. :D
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby curvygirl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:34 am

I am finally trying to get back on track today. The kids go back to school tommorrow after what feels like the longest school holidays eva. I am going to get out and get moving. I have been sitting here feeling sorry for myself for 2 weeks and am scared to stand on the scales as that could send me into a major melt down. I am going to be good and I will jump on the scales on Friday and will record whatever they say regardless. I know its bad because my new clothes are starting to feel a little tight around my waist.
My sisters 40th birthday next weekend (18th October) and we are going to Brisbane for her party. I was hoping to have lost alot more weight by that time but it didnt happen so I am just moving on. I am still trying to get to my goal of 100 by Christmas so hopefully that will be acheivable. Well done to all those who have lost this week.
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:03 am

Hi Wendy, I am so glad you are back :D .

We still have another week here of school holidays . Good on you for getting back on the wagon, I know you will be successful and I am positive you will hit the 100kg. mark in time for Christmas.

Good luck and take care, Sue.

Shalimar

Postby Cac33 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi Wendy glad to see you back. Once school holidays are over you can get back into a routine again & staying on the wagon will be a little easier. This is a bumpy ride so we're all bound to fall off now & again but getting back on is whats important. hang in there chicky x
Cass

Cac33

Postby curvygirl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:05 pm

OK its time to come clean. I was inspired by Cassies honesty. While is was MIA I put on over 4 kilos. I am not happy with myself but I have been feeling really down over the past few weeks.(No excuse I know)
Previously this would have been my undoing and I would have completely lost the plot and all the weight and some more would have gone back on but I am determined not to let that happen this time.
I have been good this week and although I didnt want to record a gain on here I am going to weigh in on Friday regardless.If you dont see my record on Friday please PM me a kick up the bum. It may take me a few weeks to get back to where I was but I still want to be 100 by Christmas and I know its acheiveable even if its now 9 kilos and not 5.
Everyone on this forum are really inspiring and I wish everyone luck on their journey.
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Best of luck with it Wendy, I know you will do it. You sound like you are in a great frame of mind after falling off the straight and narrow but it should make you all the more determined :D .

Shalimar

Postby STRIVE » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi Wendy,
Nice to 'meet' you. I think it is really terrific that you have decided to get back on that horse. I am feeling like I need to do the same so your not at all alone. I think it is really great how you have been able to loose such a great amount. I'm sure you will continue to do so. Do you have a weight loss plan? I read your comments about no one noticing your weight loss and I can imagine that it would be a really disappointing feeling. We live in a world where we are constantly trying to impress each other, however, I feel we need to change that and try and impress ourselves instead. I know...it's easy to say. I have decided to create little goals for myself as a way of trying to be pleased of my own achievements rather than basing my weight loss achievements on the reactions of my friends and family. You may find this helps you too, just a suggestion.
Well best of luck to the both of us. :lol:
STRIVE

Postby curvygirl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:31 pm

I will think about my goals. I have trouble with goal setting because if I dont succeed I bet myself up and it all falls apart. I will think about smaller goals that should be acheivable even with a few slip ups.
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby Cac33 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:18 pm

I'm glad I inspired you to "come clean" about your gain. I find the more I'm honest with the forum the more support I get & people can relate to you & not think that you are perfect all the time. We all fall off the wagon & yes we gain every now & again, it's a bumpy ride. Look how much you have lost & if you fell off for a bit & gained 4kgs don't worry just jump back on & we'll be here to support you all the way no matter how long it takes. We're all making the choice to make our lives healthier & every step of the way we're finding little things to motivate us like, having more energy, fitting into more clothes in smaller sizes & for me a big one was getting confidence from the forum. It's such a great place & everyone has helped motivate me to get me where I am & supported me more than anyone else on the outside world.

Anyway long story short, don't beat yourself up. You can do this Wendy I really belive you can! Take care xox
Cass

Cac33

Postby curvygirl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:31 pm

I forgot to post my weight loss week so I did that in my weight loss thread. It was a loss of 400 grams so I finally got to 14 kilos lost and managed to lose the weight I gained while MIA.
I have a huge weekend last weekend as it was my sisters 40th and we drank and ate ourselves silly. I wouldnt have changed it for anything but I think I will have to pay for it this week. I am trying to keep my social calender clear for the next few weeks just to try and catch up on what I should have lost and trying to get to goal by Christmas. I bought a new dress for Christmas already so I will have to just do it.
I am being very good this week but as the weekend was a 4 day one it will be hard to claw it back. I have my fingers crossed.
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby Shalimar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Good luck in getting into your Christmas outfit, I'm yet to buy mine and it is the first time that I have bought something especially for Christmas Day.

Perhaps post a piccie of you in your new dress :lol: .

Shalimar

Next

Return to Personal Progress