It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 am

Free Newsletter

Wendy's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Wendy's Journey

Postby curvygirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:55 am

I had a loss this week and I am really excited. It has brought me up to 15 kilos lost. I know its not as much as some of you fantastic loosers (I mean it in the nicest possible way) but its normally where I stop as its generally the point where your clothes get loose and you startt getting comments so you think you look OK and give up. Well not this time. I need to go on and I think that I have my motivation back so I am finally on my way down. 100 here I come. I am desperate to get to 99 actually. I think that I have about 9 weeks to do it in so I WILL BE AT MY MINI GOAL BY CHRISTMAS.
It has been a weird week for me. I have my sisters BIG party on the weekend and drank way way way too much and then I got my monthly visitor. Not unusual really except that I havent had one since last September. September 07. I had a IUD put in and it stops them and it suits me but this week the came back to remind me how lucky I have been. Maybe that contributed to my slight gain at the beginning of the week. ON Sunday I couldnt get enough sweet stuff and I said to my husband its like I was gettin my periods. Weird.
Anyway this week is going to be good and I mean good. Not saying you have been good but actually writing everything down and being honest with what I actually eat. Even the little mouthfulls and bites to taste stuff.
I hope that you all have a good week and sorry for rambling.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Good on you Wendy, I enjoyed reading your ramblings :wink: :D .

Have a great weekend.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Freddy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:33 am

Nice one on the loss!
Freddy

Postby ClareG » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:06 am

Congratulations - 15 kilos is a brilliant effort. Good on you Wendy. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGP41gj/]

~:~Clare ~:~
ClareG

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 am

Congrats on the loss :)

Its very inspirational for you to jump back on the wagon after falling off! I would have probably given up but you didn't :) I think if you can jump back on knowing you've gained 4kg, your in this for the long haul and you are going to be STUNNING when you've lost all this weight :)

As for people not noticing you've lost weight, thats not really a bad thing. One day it will just dawn on them and they'll see you've lost a MASSIVE amount of weight and you know what? It will blow them away because they didn't notice any of the smaller changes and suddenly they'll see 15-20kg gone! I think it has more of an impact :) Plus when people see you every day, just like how we see ourselves, if they're slow and gradual (healthy) changes it is a little harder to notice. Unless you get some new clothes and people notice your new clothes and realise they're smaller now or you just leave a photo album sitting on the table for them to flick through and see the difference, it may take them a while :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby curvygirl » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:22 pm

It seems the closer I get to goal the slacker I become. I know that I should be at goal by Christmas so I havent been trying that much. I really really want to be about 98 by Christmas so I need to pull my finger out. This week I will be good, from today. :twisted:
I am hoping for reasonable losses this week and next as the run home to Christmas is peppered with temptation and I am easily tempted.
Good luck to everyone this week :D
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby Alexandra » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi Wendy - I'm relatively new around here and have enjoyed reading your thread and other posts. Congratulations on your weight loss so far - that's amazing :D Best wishes for continued success and your mini goals as they come due :wink:

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:27 pm

I know how you feel, Wendy. I think once I got within a few kilos of my goal I got really, really slack (being busy with work and uni certainly played a role but the ultimate responsibility falls on my lack of drive). I regained a few kilos so now I'm utterly determined to be tough with myself until I lose the weight.

You're doing really well. Stick with it! You've come so far already. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby curvygirl » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:20 pm

I am close to goal now and it has given me new motivation. I havent been around much lately and its funny how when you make yourself accountable you really make an effort. When I dont visit the forum as often I lose that accountability and loose my way. Dont under estimate the difference that you all make in this journey. I know its different for everyone but I guess that I have to admit that I need you all if I am going to make it (SOPPY I KNOW) Christmas is closing in fast and although I am quite sure that I will be at my Christmas goal by then I need to keep focused otherwise I will get to goal and forget about my other future goals.
Good luck to everyone this week and thank you all for your continued support.
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:32 pm

That's so true, Wendy! I know that with my recent busyness I stopped visiting the forum nearly as much as I used to. I think that contributed more to my weight gain than any amoung of work or study did!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll keep your focus. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby tania2573 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:29 pm

Your going so well.Im sure you will be at goal in no time and stay focused.All the best take care.
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby curvygirl » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:42 am

I have been better this week and lost 1 kilo but I have a busy few weeks coming up with lots of parties and get togethers. I have the intention to eat really well but then when I get there I cave into peer pressure and eat up eating what I like and having a few glasses of bubbles. I am going to control myself to a certain degree as I really want to hit 99 by Christmas and it is getting closer and closer.
Good luck to everyone this week and it been amazing to watch everyone slim down over the past few months.
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:36 am

This is a bad time of the year to lose weight! Good luck with getting under 99kg by Christmas. I'm sure you can do it! I'd love to get to goal by Christmas, but I feel like I've gained this week so I can feel that objective slipping away fast!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby whit3tig3y » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:30 pm

This time of year certainly is bad for weight loss. So many paries, yummy foods etc. Just try to keep it sensible. Don't walk in there with unreal expectations. Don't tell yourself your going to be perfect with your eating. Walk in there with the mindset that this is a festive season, you are bound to eat a few things your not meant to, but also keep in mind if you have these things (which you are allowing yourself to), you need to take an extra walk or two this week. Plan a special walk, go somewhere to the beach or a nice lake and go for a nice evening walk etc.

Even though we're trying to lose weight, we're doing it to improve our heath and our life span, i'm a strong believer theres no point in doing that if you can't enjoy life at the same time. And often that does involve the social events with the naughty food and drinks, they just go together.
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby curvygirl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:25 am

Today I finally weighed in under 100. Yahoo. I cant really believe it and I didnt realise how much I really wanted it until today. I have got new motivation to get to 20 kilos lost before Christmas and I have about 10 days to go so I think I should get there.
I am only just under half way through my journey but I have proved to myself that I can do it if I TRY and that with some hard work by this time next year I will be at goal and finally Happy with myself.

Good luck to everyone this week. I am off to 3 parties this weekend :evil: so I will need to be super careful. This should be the end of the celebrating and I will have about 8 days after that to be good good good.
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress