It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Stacey's story and progress....

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Stacey's story and progress....

Postby mum2james » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:15 pm

Well i'm sitting here, bored. I really should be putting away the 3 loads of washing sitting in baskets in the corner but my toddler is asleep and i'm having a rest. :lol:

Here's a little bit about me...Sorry this may be long. :lol:

I was overweight as a kid. All through primary and high school I was the fat kid/teenager. I was an emotional eater and ate when I wasn't hungry. I suffered from depression and I used to cut myself to make myself feel better. Sounds horrible huh? :oops:
When I was in year 10 something in my snapped. I didn't want to be the fat girl anymore. I was working in a pet shop on Weekends and making my own money so I hired a treadmill. Whenever I had any spare time I was on the treadmill. I would spend hours locked in my room on it, jogging until my legs felt like they were going to drop off.
I changed my eating habits too. I became a vegetarian because one night my mum made turkey and I couldn't stand the smell. Weird I know. :lol:
One day while in the supermarket I came across some weightloss pills. I decided to buy some a give them a go. The weight was dropping off quickly so I bought another brand and started taking them both. Stupid I know, but I wasn't thinking straight. I just wanted to be thin.
My eating habits were getting really bad. Some days I would only eat a carrot, take the pills and drink lots of water.
My friends said that each time they saw me it looked like I had lost weight. This only motivated me more.
After 10 months I gave up being a vegetarian (my mum made turkey and it smelt nice! :lol: )
I started eating more, but continued to exercise so maintained my weight. I also gave up the exercise pills as my mum found packets of them in my draw and confronted me.

Just as I was finishing highschool I met my boyfriend, Mathew. He lived about 3-4 hours away so we decided to move to Melbourne together. After about a year together I started putting on weight. I was eating healthy food and riding to and from work (about 1 hour away) so I went to the doctors and found out I was pregnant. This came as a really big shock. I was only 19 and hadn't even thought about having children.
Around the same time I started getting really bad stomach aches and diarrhea. I went back to the doctors and told him my symptoms. As there is a history of bowel cancer in my family he sent me to a gastroenterologist. I had some tests done and I found out I had a bowel disease called Ulcerative Colitis. I was put on mild medication because I was pregnant but it wasn't helping. I was still getting all of the symptoms plus morning sickness. Once the morning sickness went I started eating like a horse. We lived down the road from charcoal chicken and chinese takeaways so I would get chips, potatocakes and big M's everyday. I also ate alot of chocolate, mostly crunchies. I was really depressed and my boyfriend would bring me home crunchies to try and cheer me up. :roll: :lol:
At the end of my pregnancy I think I weighed about 100kgs but never actually got on the scales.
When my son was born he had to stay in hospital for 9 days. We didn't bond straight away and I felt hopeless. When we both went home I was depressed, scared and lonely so I ate. I had trouble breastfeeding and this left me gutted so I ate more.....

About 6 months later I did try and lose weight. I joined a gym and started eating healthy. By then my medication for the UC was working so I had more energy. I got down to 81kgs but then for some insane reason I gave up. I keep thinking if I had've kept going I would be my goal weight now but no use dwelling on the past. :P

Finally I got sick of seeing a obese woman staring back at me in the mirror. I was sick of feeling like a failure and not being able to fit into my old clothes so bout 18-20 weeks ago I joined WeightWatchers. In my first week I lost 4.7kg which gave me plenty of motivation to keep going. So far i've 16.1kgs and I feel great. I love going to meetings and following the program. It makes me feel in control and because I have 22 points to eat a day it helps me pick my food wisely. There have been weeks where I've had a blowout and been too ashamed to go to the meeting and step on the scales but i've put that behind me and moved on. The only thing that matters is now. :D

I have 7.5kgs to go before I reach my goal of 70kgs. I'm thinking once I get to 70kgs i'll see how I feel. I may try for 65kgs. I haven't decided yet. However I do want to be a size 12.

Well that's my story so far. I'm going to use this thread as somewhere to post how i'm feeling, how my weightloss is going, etc. I don't care if nobody reads it, it's for me to keep motivated and on track. :lol:

I've you managed to read all that without falling asleep, well done! :D
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Re: Stacey's story and progress....

Postby Rosie Peters » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:26 pm

Hi Stacey

Wow, you've been through the wringer, but you sound like you are in a good place now. :) I laughed when I read you fella bought you chocolate to cheer you up - aren't guys so lovely and well meaning? (and we eat it so they don't feel we are rejecting their gift).

Everyone finds something that works if we never ever give up and weight watchers sounds like it has resonated with you.

I should be dusting and vacuuming right now, but I'd rather be telling you - well done!!

BTW how tall are you and are you fine, medium or big boned? Maybe 70kg is ideal for your body type???

Cheers
Rosie
Rosie Peters

Postby mum2james » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Rosie,
I've definately found what works for me. I forgot to put in that I tried Tony Ferguson before WW and even though I lost weight on it (then put it all back on again once I started eating normal foods) I was unhappy, moody and had hardly any energy.

My vacuum cleaner is gathering dust too. It's got a broken handle that is taped together. :lol:

I'm 171cm tall and I have a medium frame. I know i'm never going to be petite and once I get to 70kgs I'll probably be happy but i'm just leaving my options open. :) I have abit of toning up to do on my arms, legs, etc but I recently bought a home gym so that will help. :D

mum2james

Postby Rosie Peters » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:26 pm

I reckon 70kg sounds like a plan.

I'm big boned and 172cm and I'm maintaining 72-73kg and I'm happy with that, except I have to be really onto myself that I don't creep back up.

My weight started to increase a couple of months after I broke my wrist earlier this year and I was in complete denial, but then my dear old logical husband got the calculator out and we figured that while I wasn't sneaking junk food, I was eating too much low fat yoghurt, muesli, skim milk and protein bars. Added up to about 800 excess calories a day. :| It's amazing how little it takes to put weight back on and how you can ignore what you are doing wrong and find excuses to justify it.

I've found this forum really inspiring; I just find it helps me to keep the important things firmly in mind and it's great to read about other people and their journeys.

I hope you get into a happy habit with your home gym (I still haven't dusted or vacuumed, but more importantly I did get to the gym)

Cheers

Rosie
Rosie Peters

Postby mum2james » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:16 am

Well this week I lost 100g. Normally I would be disappointed but i'm not. I'm happy with that and this week i'm going to work on losing more. All I can do is stick to the plan and make healthy choices. I'll increase the exercise this week. I haven't done much exercise for a month because of some health issues but i'm feeling alot better and i'll get back into it.

When I flex my arms now I can actually see muscles too! Instead of just seeing flab my arms are looking alot more toned and that's motivating me to keep using my home gym. If I keep at it by the time the hot weather arrives my arms will be looking good. :) :lol:

Going shopping at some Opp shops tomorrow. I ducked into them today on the way home from my WW meeting and there are some nice, cheap clothes in my size. Woohoo.... :lol:

mum2james

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:08 pm

I love your attitude Stacey :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby mum2james » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:39 am

I'm back from seeing my grandparents. I had a few glasses of wine but I did eat healthy. I hate salad everyday for lunch and vegies with dinner. However I am feeling bloated but I think that's because I didn't do much exercise.

I have my weigh in on Wednesday. I don't care if i've put on i'll just get right back on track. I've wasted enough time worrying about my weight and letting it get me down. So i'm staying positive! :D

mum2james

Postby whit3tig3y » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:58 am

It sounds like you have a very good attitude towards weight loss :) And you have done GREAT so far. Every little loss counts, and even if you do have slip ups etc, we still have to enjoy life :) We can eat the things we want even if its occasionally not good for us, as long as we know how to deal with that later with exercise :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby mum2james » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:09 am

I had an awesome weigh in today. Instead of going in my tracksuit pants and t-shirt I wore jeans, a white singlet top and a black and white top over that. I felt good about myself and went into my meeting with a happy and relaxed attitude. I lost 0.6kg this week and I couldn't be happier. I thought I might have a gain so it was refreshing to see that I had lost.

I'm starting a weightwatchers 6 week summer challenge today. I'm aiming to lose 0.6kg a week for 6 weeks. I'm going to continue drinking lots of water, exercise everyday, use my weights and eat lots of fruit and vegies (this one will be easy as I have salad for lunch and vegies at night everyday with my meals).

Fingers crossed for another great week. :D

mum2james

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:12 am

Congrats on the loss :) Your going so well!!!!
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby Freddy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:54 am

Looks like you're doing pretty well right now, looking at the weight loss.

I have quite a simple history, when reading your post. I'm glad you're doing fine now and stopped the pills. Those pills can cause some pretty serious bowel trouble as well.

I want to respond to Rosie's first post though. You're not eating it because you don't want to reject our gifts. You're eating it because you feel bad... So don't go changing the stories around :x
Freddy

Postby mum2james » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:14 am

Thank you whit3tig3y and Freddy. :-)

I'm feeling so tired atm but can't sleep. My toddler is in my bed and won't stop tossing and turning and my fiance is on night shift.

I'm really craving the choc chip tiny teddies my son has in the cupboard but I won't eat them. I won't even go into the kitchen! :lol:

Instead i'm going to shut down my computer and get into bed and watch Everybody Loves Raymond and pray I fall asleep. :lol:

mum2james

Postby mum2james » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:58 pm

Last night something really clicked. When my fiance is working nightshifts I get the urge to eat!
When his home I eat normally and healthy but when his away that's when I crave the junk. Is it because I miss him or because I know I won't get caught? :lol:

Last night I couldn't sleep, my toddler was in my bed and our neighbours were having a party across the street and they were loud. I didn't fall asleep until after 3am and the whole time I was craving tiny teddies! But I did not give in.

I'm proud of myself for saying no. Maybe this means that i'm finally breaking my old bad habits? :D

mum2james

Postby matchbox » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:11 pm

nice work :D next time if you're after a snack of tiny teddies maybe you can have one of the little share packs? they work out to be 2 points for a packet, and there's heaps in there.

well done, keep kicking butt :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby mum2james » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Thanks Lexi....

Yeah I get James those share packets too but I won't touch them because 1 is never enough. :oops: :lol: Better off just not going there.

I have so much fresh fruit and vegetables in my fridge so when I feel tempted I can have some of that. :)

mum2james

Next

Return to Personal Progress