It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

Stacey's story and progress....

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Stacey's story and progress....

Postby sryk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:37 pm

mum2james wrote:Well i'm sitting here, bored. I really should be putting away the 3 loads of washing sitting in baskets in the corner but my toddler is asleep and i'm having a rest. :lol:

Here's a little bit about me...Sorry this may be long. :lol:

I was overweight as a kid. All through primary and high school I was the fat kid/teenager. I was an emotional eater and ate when I wasn't hungry. I suffered from depression and I used to cut myself to make myself feel better. Sounds horrible huh? :oops:
When I was in year 10 something in my snapped. I didn't want to be the fat girl anymore. I was working in a pet shop on Weekends and making my own money so I hired a treadmill. Whenever I had any spare time I was on the treadmill. I would spend hours locked in my room on it, jogging until my legs felt like they were going to drop off.
I changed my eating habits too. I became a vegetarian because one night my mum made turkey and I couldn't stand the smell. Weird I know. :lol:
One day while in the supermarket I came across some weightloss pills. I decided to buy some a give them a go. The weight was dropping off quickly so I bought another brand and started taking them both. Stupid I know, but I wasn't thinking straight. I just wanted to be thin.
My eating habits were getting really bad. Some days I would only eat a carrot, take the pills and drink lots of water.
My friends said that each time they saw me it looked like I had lost weight. This only motivated me more.
After 10 months I gave up being a vegetarian (my mum made turkey and it smelt nice! :lol: )
I started eating more, but continued to exercise so maintained my weight. I also gave up the exercise pills as my mum found packets of them in my draw and confronted me.

Just as I was finishing highschool I met my boyfriend, Mathew. He lived about 3-4 hours away so we decided to move to Melbourne together. After about a year together I started putting on weight. I was eating healthy food and riding to and from work (about 1 hour away) so I went to the doctors and found out I was pregnant. This came as a really big shock. I was only 19 and hadn't even thought about having children.
Around the same time I started getting really bad stomach aches and diarrhea. I went back to the doctors and told him my symptoms. As there is a history of bowel cancer in my family he sent me to a gastroenterologist. I had some tests done and I found out I had a bowel disease called Ulcerative Colitis. I was put on mild medication because I was pregnant but it wasn't helping. I was still getting all of the symptoms plus morning sickness. Once the morning sickness went I started eating like a horse. We lived down the road from charcoal chicken and chinese takeaways so I would get chips, potatocakes and big M's everyday. I also ate alot of chocolate, mostly crunchies. I was really depressed and my boyfriend would bring me home crunchies to try and cheer me up. :roll: :lol:
At the end of my pregnancy I think I weighed about 100kgs but never actually got on the scales.
When my son was born he had to stay in hospital for 9 days. We didn't bond straight away and I felt hopeless. When we both went home I was depressed, scared and lonely so I ate. I had trouble breastfeeding and this left me gutted so I ate more.....

About 6 months later I did try and lose weight. I joined a gym and started eating healthy. By then my medication for the UC was working so I had more energy. I got down to 81kgs but then for some insane reason I gave up. I keep thinking if I had've kept going I would be my goal weight now but no use dwelling on the past. :P

Finally I got sick of seeing a obese woman staring back at me in the mirror. I was sick of feeling like a failure and not being able to fit into my old clothes so bout 18-20 weeks ago I joined WeightWatchers. In my first week I lost 4.7kg which gave me plenty of motivation to keep going. So far i've 16.1kgs and I feel great. I love going to meetings and following the program. It makes me feel in control and because I have 22 points to eat a day it helps me pick my food wisely. There have been weeks where I've had a blowout and been too ashamed to go to the meeting and step on the scales but i've put that behind me and moved on. The only thing that matters is now. :D

I have 7.5kgs to go before I reach my goal of 70kgs. I'm thinking once I get to 70kgs i'll see how I feel. I may try for 65kgs. I haven't decided yet. However I do want to be a size 12.

Well that's my story so far. I'm going to use this thread as somewhere to post how i'm feeling, how my weightloss is going, etc. I don't care if nobody reads it, it's for me to keep motivated and on track. :lol:

I've you managed to read all that without falling asleep, well done! :D

I wish all the best dear.
My aim is to lose 10 kg as soon as possible since im getting married in 3 months and i want to look very handsome :)
sryk

Postby mum2james » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:40 pm

Who said I was going to share the cake with him? :wink:
I didn't put any icing on the cake.
His settled down alot now that his has his dinner and bath. He'll be going to bed soon, yay!

Your 8 month old just said mama? That's cute. :D
James' first word was dada :roll: But now the cheeky bugger doesn't call him dad he calls him by his first name Mat. I've even heard James call me Stacey a few time. :lol:

sryk- best of luck with the weighloss. I'm sure your going to look stunning on your wedding day. :D
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby mum2james » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:11 pm

I've been avoiding my thread. :oops: :P

I put on 0.3kg at weigh in. So that's 0.9 in 2 weeks and i'm not happy about it! :x

So i'm doing an overhaul of my diet and starting exercising more. I've also ordered some Billy Blanks Boot Camp Elite Workout System and i'm going to make myself do it! :D
I've started on the WW new satisfaction plan so no more unhealthy snacking!

So here's to a healthy week!

mum2james

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:28 pm

Good luck for the next week! The Billy Blanks DVDs are great. Sadly I can't watch mine at the moment because for some reason they don't agree with my new telly. The Weight Watchers plan is a good idea. I was a member years ago so I haven't heard of the Satisfaction plan. Is it like the old No Count plan?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Gordz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:18 am

I wouldn't worry too much about it stace. .9 really isn't a great deal, and i'm sure you can knock that off in 4 or 5 days. With WW, have you tried lite n easy? Thats all I've had for the past week, and looking at the meals, (meal in a bowl are the ones i go for) they are very good! all are under 250 calories, with my fav (hokkien stir fry noodles) at only 112. Last week I had nothing but LnE for dinner. Sure they're only like 160-190gm meals but I was never hungry. I haven't tried WW personally, but he whole 'points' thing turns me off. Im not playing a game with weight loss, I just want something convenient that I know isn't going to kill me.

Are you sure you're not putting on muscle? I had a 0.0 loss last week but certainly gained muscle mass..... are you measuring?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby mumnbub » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:58 am

I think we all have weeks were we gain a bit- i gained 1.4kg in 2 weeks but then like you I sat down and worked out a new plan (and started duromine) and am now back on track- just need to find a plan that will work for you, might be WW or Lite n Easy as suggested or you might find something else that works, like just making sure your portions are the right size, drinking more water, increasing exercise.... Thankfully with weight loss there are plenty of things you can try- some might work for others and not you but you might get really lucky and find something that works wonders for you. Just keep going and dont be too concerned about .9kg- its not that much in the sceme of things.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Shalimar » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:25 am

Good on you for not giving up Stace and as Gordz said you'll knock that 900gms. on the head in no time.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:16 am

I wouldn't worry too much :) 900g isn't much compared to how much you've actually lost. I'm sure you'll lose it in no time :) Plus it is that silly season, try to step out of your body and look at the big picture :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby mum2james » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Thank you everyone. Your all so supportive. :D

I can't wait for my DVD's to arrive. I'm going to take them with me when I go and stay with my sister and my mum in Queensland in January.

On the new WW plan you still count points but you eat founds that fill you up for longer so your less likely to overeat/binge/emotional eat.

I haven't tried lite n easy yet. I prefer to make my own meals from scratch now. I don't use packet mixes/jars in my cooking. I make my own sauces from tomatos or ricotta.
I love WW. It helps me stay on track and it stops me from eating things like chocolate cake because I worry how many points are in it. WW is a fantastic weightloss tool. :D

I'm not sure if i'm gaining muscle. I should start measuring. I have noticed that my thighs and arms are getting smaller and i'm losing weight off my stomach 9which i'm happy about.)
I know I shouldn't worry too much about what the scales say but I just really want to get the last 5kg off. :P It's so frustrating! :lol:

I've been using Bio Oil on parts of my body too and the results are awesome. I've got some stretchmarks on my stomach due to my pregnancy and they have faded dramatically. :D

I'm going to go and do my weights in a moment as I have alot of housework to do this afternoon and I know if I don't do it before hand I won't do it at all. :oops: That reminds me, time to download some new music.... :D

mum2james

Postby mum2james » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:24 pm

I got my DVD's and bands today. I can't wait to use them. :D

mum2james

Postby mum2james » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:51 pm

I've started using the BB DVD's and I think the first mission is awesome. I woke up this morning with a sore stomach and legs so it must've done something! :D

I'm feeling so good today. In a postive frame of mind even though I have a head from lack of sleep, due to a restless toddler. :roll:

On the 15th January i'm going to QLD to visit my family for 3 weeks and I hope that when I get home i'll be at my goal weight. I know that my sister will keep me motivated and support me and so will my mum so there isn't any reason why I can't be 70kgs when I get home. I'm so excited just thinking about it. :D

I'm going to take a couple panadol and do my weights. I've got a fitness program and I have to stick to it. Of course I won't push myself too far with a headache but i'll do my weights, have a shower and relax, perhaps watching a dvd or something. :)

I hope everyone has a positive Sunday!

mum2james

Postby mum2james » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:06 pm

I lost 1.2kg this week! Woot Woot!!!!! :lol: :D

The best Christmas present ever! i'm now 19.4kg lighter then last Christmas! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

mum2james

Postby ali76 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:54 pm

STACEY!!! Wow!! Nearly 20 kilos....thats fantastic hun!! Have you tried to lift 20 kilos of anything...??

Your family are going to be blown away when they see you!

Have a wonderful Christmas....enjoy that gorgeous body you've worked so hard for, but most importantly, relax and enjoy!!!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby mum2james » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:56 pm

Thanks Ali!!

I hope you have a fabulous Christmas too! Actaully I hope all the wonderful members on the forum have a fab Christmas and remember how far they have come. :D

Today in our meeting we had someone get to goal. Theyhave lost 8kgs and I lifted that and it was SOOOOO heavy!

I can't wait for my family to see me. Last time I saw my sister I was 85kg so she is going to be shocked. :lol: I haven't seen my mum for 6 months so her reaction will be interesting. :lol:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

mum2james

Postby Gordz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:24 pm

congrats kiddo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

20kg thats huge!! I hope to have that by my b'day!!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress