It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am

Free Newsletter

Clare's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Clare's Journey

Postby ClareG » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:02 am

I was just reading through other peoples progress threads, and enjoyed reading them so much I thought I would start my own. I am 4 and a half weeks into my weightloss journey. I feel really in control and I am actually enjoying the process - which is quite shocking, as for the past 3 years the thought of walking and eating healthily has made me shudder with fear.
About 5 years ago, I lost over 30 kilograms, and just about reached my goal weight. I did it completely on my own, through eating well, and exercising regularly. I hit a plateau though, and got the sh*ts with the whole thing. Then - predictably, I gradually put all the weight back on, plus a little extra for good luck. :x I am trying to forgive myself for putting the weight back on. I have been so ANGRY at myself. How could I? After all of the hard work and dicipline it took to lose it in the first place. All of that is in the past though. I need to move on, and put it down to experience. I think last time, I thought it was a short-term thing, that I would lose the weight, and then I'd live happily ever after. I realise now, that it is a life-long commitment. I will need to be diligent and diciplined for the rest of my life.
Anyway - the last 4 and a half weeks have been great. For the last 2 weeks I have walked for 35 minutes every morning at 6.30am. When my alarm goes off I say to myself "Don't think - Just do", so I get out of bed, put my runners on and head out the door. I plan on walking every morning - no excuses.
I am a pretty high level netball coach, so I am going to practise what I preach.
- You only play as well as you train
- Even when you think you have given all you have - you can ALWAYS find a little more
- One player can't win a game on their own - it is a team effort (my family and this forum are my winning team ;)
- Don't EVER underestimate your ability
BTW - how cool is calorie king? I enter my calories and exercise every day and it does all of the work for me. I am loving it.
Cheers Guys :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGP41gj/]

~:~Clare ~:~
ClareG

Re: Clare's Journey

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:14 pm

Hey clare. Sounds like you have had a tough batle against urself in ur weight loss journeys over the years but its great ur back on track with a goal set in ur mind :D Everyone on here is so supportive i love it! How did u manage to lose 30kgs? wow...! Yeh i love calorie king..was trying to make it work for me yesterday but cudnt quite figure it out. Does it cost to join up i couldnt see whether it was free or not? hmmm...:S Well look forward to following ur progress! Ur an inspiration :D Danni xo
This is the start of forever. . .With faith i can succeed

- Danni XoXo

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ8ypqd/]
[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Postby ClareG » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:13 am

Hey Danni. Thanks for your lovely reply. :) CalorieKing is free. I just signed up and entered my details and that was it really. I enter my exercise and food each day and it works every thing out for me. (I wish everything in life was so easy!) I lost over 30 kilos last time doing exactly what I am doing this time. Trying to stay under 1500 cals/day and trying to walk most days. That was it really. I was very determined and focussed. I feel the same this time...the only difference being - I won't put it back on! I look forward to an update on your progress. Catch you around the forum Danni. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGP41gj/]

~:~Clare ~:~
ClareG

Postby tania2573 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:28 am

You are right Clare CK is a great help .I love it,even though i dont use it as much now as i did when i first started.Good luck with your goals. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:55 am

Yes CK is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG help, it makes you stay accountable :) Its good that you've decided this time its staying off!!!! Look forward to watching your journey :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Return to Personal Progress