It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:40 am

Free Newsletter

Alexandra's Update

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Alexandra's Update

Postby Alexandra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:20 am

Thanks guys - you're right, this week has seen a really good result after a lack lustre performance last week of only 200g.

Weight last week: 97.6 kgs
Weight this week: 95.6 kgs
weight loss: 2.0 kgs *yay*

That's a huge result for me (may even be close to a PB) but when taken into consideration with last weeks pitiful amount, I think I was retaining fluid last weigh in but either way, I'm still ahead of my normal 0.75 kg per week this week and it's probably because I spent two days in bed and missed food completely :oops: My appetite hasn't really been there on the other days and I have to force myself to eat to ensure my metabolism keeps ticking over also :roll:

I know this phase in my life is only temporary but it's not great. Today I should be at work but I've arranged with my employer to work only 3 days per week until I'm feeling better. I just don't have enough "in the tank" and I've found diet and exercise is slipping and in my priority schema, it's actually further up towards no 1 and employment is further down the list - so we had to do a realignment :wink: :D This way, I can still pay the bills, get back on my feet and concentrate on myself - is that selfish :oops:

addendum: another milestone achieved (not that it matters terribly) I now weigh what I did when I met my husband *yay*!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Shalimar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 am

Well done on the huge loss Alexandra, you must be stoked :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Jisgone » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:32 pm

Well done Alexander!
Sometimes you need to take a bit of time off work to concentrate on yourself! Ive taken the last week off to do my own thing, relax and catch up on uni work and left my partnet to run our business. I cant even begin to tell you how much better I feel for it! When your tired and stressed things always seem so much worse and after stepping back and relaxing for a week everything seems much easier and more approachable :) I hope your realignment goes well and you feel better soon hehe :)
Jisgone

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Congratulations on your loss, Alexandra! I don' think it's selfish to seek a balance between work and looking after yourself. It sounds like a sensible approach if you ask me!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Alexandra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks folks - I really don't know how you all manage all the things you do - work/study/partners/children/family *phew*

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement - I am really pleased with my results this week after a slow week last week and feeling crook but I am feeling much better this week :D Hopefully pup might get a few more goes around the block (don't get me wrong, we love ball in the backyard, but the block does us both the world of good :wink:

On another side note - the best so far, I've realised I've dropped below the BMI score of 35 which apparently (depending on who you listen to and on how closely you follow this stuff) I'm only moderately obese rather than severely obese so that's got to be a good thing, a healthy thing and if not to be taken completely literally, at least I'm on the better end of obese :D Can't wait for the day that I'm just overweight :lol:

Alexandra

Postby Freddy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:13 am

Alexandra wrote:work/study/partners/children/family

work/study/partners/children/family/sports

*fixed ;)
Freddy

Postby Alexandra » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 am

thanks Freddy ... hang on, lets not forget housework/friends/volunteer work/shopping/planning/medical appointments/yard work.... :roll: :lol:

Alexandra

Postby Freddy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Yard work, forgot about that.
Thanks!

*runs off*
Freddy

Postby Alexandra » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:12 am

I've been a bit quiet of late - not much in the positive column to write so hence I think its better to not write anything at all. I'm not feeling chipper, I've eaten rubbish and no exercise to speak of. I have to pull it back before the week is a total write off.

I went back to the doctor yesterday. I'm having difficulty with the basics at the moment sleeping, weeing, elimination (sorry tmi) not to mention the headaches and lets just say the motivation and energy is at an all time low. Life has got to be better than this, I know it :roll:

Alexandra

Postby Shalimar » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:13 am

Chin up Alexandra, I really hope things look much brighter for you very soon :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby think - thin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:24 am

Sorry to hear your going threw a hard time. Hope its nothing to serious. Let us know what the dr says.
JESSIKA

Start Weight (2.1.09) 89.6kg
29.3.09 - 84.4kg
18.4.09 - 87.3kg :(
Total Loss : 5.2kg
think - thin

Postby Alexandra » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Thank you Sue and Jessika, it will look up soon, I'm sure. I've got a medication regime from the doctor and she says I'm doing everything right - good diet (although I've had a few slip ups of late :oops: ), exercise (need to get back into that too :oops: ) and plenty of fluids, rest and me time. So, I'm ticking the boxes, it's just a matter of getting back on the wagon, staying focused and doing what I know. She was really wrapped with my weight loss and noticed how much I had changed (which I don't!). We compared notes too and by her records, I'm up to 26 kilos as well so that's a plus. I'm thinking of updating my ticker to reflect the amount of weight I've lost in total - not just the weight I've lost since joining the forum (which it currently is) but I don't want it to seem like I'm 'cheating'. What do you think?

Alexandra

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:34 pm

I think you should update your ticker to reflect your overall weightloss, not just since you've been here. that's not cheating at all. You're almost half way to your goal which must be incredibly motivating and give you a great sense of achievement :) Soon you'll have less weight to lose than what you've already lost!

Hope you have a better week - be kind to yourself :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Alexandra » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Thanks Milky, you're right, it is exciting and it just may be the kick start I need...simple pleasures, hey? :oops:

Alexandra

Postby Alexandra » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Done...

go little lady bird :D :lol: