It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Alexandra's Update

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Alexandra's Update

Postby Shalimar » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Definitely not cheating, I joined here around 6 months after I started losing and my ticker reflects my loss from the start.
It might help to keep you motivated as well (not that you need it but every bit helps iykwIm) :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Jisgone » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:22 pm

I joined a little while after i started losing weight and use my start weight too :)
Not cheating at all! its a weightloss ticker, not a how much have you lost since joining this site ticker haha
Jisgone

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:02 pm

I'll echo everyone else. My ticker shows my total weight loss from my heaviest recorded point, not just from the time I joined the forum. So if you're cheating then we're all cheating! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Alexandra » Mon May 04, 2009 10:37 am

I've been absent from WLF for quite some time and my weight has reflected this. I've gained something like 1.9kgs :x :oops: :shock: :cry: :roll: As my official weigh in day isn't until thursday, I'll update the correct figure then now that I'm back on the wagon so to speak and I'll do the same in the challenges section.

I'm ashamed of myself for letting this happen and I have to put a stop to it now before any more damage is done. It's now been 5 months since Dad died and 2 1/2 months since my marriage ended and the shock and grief is starting to disappate. The numbness that I was feeling, the lack of appeptite, all the normal responses to the initial stages of grief and loss are moving to the everyday realisation that life has to go on. With this new phase of the process I'm really struggling once again with comfort eating. I'd been so good in the last 12-18 months and I'd thought I'd seen the last of this nasty habit and problem however it's returned and my defenses are as weak as they've ever been. All of my available resources are being put into just surviving this period of loss and grief and just surviving in general that I don't seem to have any resources left to manage my weight or healthy lifestyle. All around me at work and at home is rubbish food and I have just been overindulging again :oops:

I have however in the last couple of days turned this around and found some resolve at home. I am worried about work though. So I need a plan. I'll take my lunch and I'll leave any change (coin) at home so I simply can't put it in the vending machine at work - or support the fundraising chocolate boxes! That should do it! *fingers crossed*

I also resolve to visit my WLF family more often. I guess I stopped visiting because I felt that I had nothing positive to write so why post at all. :oops: :roll: I need to turn that around too!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby whit3tig3y » Mon May 04, 2009 10:44 am

Its good to see you back Alexandra :) I'd wondered where you'd gone to!

Don't sweat the gain too much, you are going through a very hard time, and easing back into it slowly should be your priorty. It seems like your ready to do that :) Thats wonderful! You just need to intergrate everything back into your life slowly :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 04, 2009 11:57 am

We've missed you Alexandra!

Don't beat yourself up over your small gain. Part of the weight loss journey is learning what works and what doesn't work for us. I personally think little experimental breaks are a good way of seeing if you can maintain your weight on your own. After all, you don't want to get to goal and then slowly regain all the weight because you think your weight loss journey is over. Now that you know that letting too many old habits back in makes you gain your weight back you'll be more aware of that when you get to your goal weight. As a learning experience I think that's very valuable!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shalimar » Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 pm

I'm so glad you are back Alexandra, you have been missed :D .

What is done is done, look forward and KNOW that YOU WILL do this.

Shalimar

Postby Alexandra » Thu May 07, 2009 9:50 am

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments and reassuring words!
Thanks Whit - yes, slowly slowly is the only pace I can manage at the moment so we'll see how we go :roll:
Ali - Thanks for that point of view. I had never thought of that perspective before and it sheds new light on things for me positively - thanks :D You're right, it gives me a chance to review progress and see what works and what doesn't work (as long as I get back to what works quickly :wink:
Sue - thank you for your words of encouragement - you are always there, you are a great inspiration to me :D I know I can do it - just have to persevere!

Weight last weigh in: 95.6 kgs
Weight this weigh in: 97.7 kgs
Gain: 2.1 :evil: :evil: :x :x :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops:

The good news is that this week has been really healthy. I have been really good with my diet. I have only been mildly tempted and I have managed to ingore these tempations. I have also been walking. I haven't been power walking or anything but a 40 or 45 minute walk with the dogs at a gentle to reasonable pace so as not to set off my headaches badly and to get back into the swing, so to speak! So all in all, I'm pleased with my progress.

I am also pleased to report that my plan in the previous post went down to the letter *yay* So, more plans needed for me to keep me on the straight and narrow! I also found out that work has a fruit box that is free for all staff - and the fruit is varied and looks great! How good is that for a large organisation! I was really impressed! Its another way to keep away from the chocolate and the vending machine!

Alexandra

Postby whit3tig3y » Thu May 07, 2009 10:04 am

Our work has a fruit box also :) Its great isn't it! And the fruit is always fresh, hasn't been sitting around for days on a store table!
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby Shalimar » Thu May 07, 2009 12:46 pm

No worries Alexandra, you are always there to encourage and inspire, it is a two way street :D .

Shalimar

Postby Freddy » Fri May 08, 2009 4:22 am

You'll be just fine. Sudden weight gains just happen once in a while.
Freddy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu May 14, 2009 1:19 pm

How are things going Alexandra? I hope your headaches are still in check and that you're having fun with all of your walking.

take care,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Alexandra » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:50 am

It's been a whole month since I've been online. I've started working 5 days a week like the rest of the world (no idea how others manage more than this plus all the 'other' stuff!). I'm finding it difficult to manage. Weight loss has not been a focus but on a positive note, the 'healthy eating and lifestyle' plan is still in my mind and regulates many of the choices I make and I'm still confident this 'slowly slowly' approach will see the gradual weight loss that I'm hoping for. My diet is much improved overall and this can only mean a healthier me.

I still battle with the comfort eating problems that have plagued me all my life but I have them largely under control. For now, the "those potato chips would be nice, but not on my thighs" mantra seems to be working :wink:

The "improvement area" for me as always is exercise. I've not managed to integrate this effectively for some excuse or another, usually headaches and they've been bad (understatement). Walking is my main ally - especially with my pup but working seems to sap any energy and motivation I have left. On a positive note, I'm on my feet at work all day walking (just don't stop) and this has increased my fitness and incidental activity motivation in other areas of my life. I walk further for the bus, to park the car, take the stairs, walk all day round the shopping centres and have much more stamina - even others have commented.

So - to the first weigh in for a month :oops:
last weigh in 97.7 kgs
this weigh in 96.2 kgs
loss: 1.5 kgs

Ok - this is not a lot in a month - but it's the right direction! Just have to keep going. Still need to shift 25 odd kilos

Alexandra

Postby starr22 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:05 am

Sounds like you're doing really well :D Gosh it is hard sometimes balancing work and 'healthy lifestyle/exercise' isn't it! Some days I get home from work and just feel like flopping onto the lounge and never getting up (esp when it's cold like this), But it sounds like you have most areas under control.

Great work with the 1.5kg loss, thats a great amount!
Enjoy your weekend :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Shalimar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:25 am

That's a great loss Alexandra, I would be happy with that :D .

Shalimar

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress