It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Free Newsletter

starr22's Progress:)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

starr22's Progress:)

Postby starr22 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:41 am

Hey Everyone,

Well I'm kinda new to this forum thing, but after reading alot of other progress updates I thought I'd do one of my own, kinda like a diary-to keep me honest :)

A bit about myself.....Well I'm just about to tun 26 and have been struggling for the past couple of years to shift this weight. I joined Weight Watchers when I was 21 and at that stage weighed in at 72kg(am now 81.6kg :oops:) and got down to 63kg! It was sooo good and I wish I had stuck with it. Over the past 3-4 years it all just crept back on plus another 10kg :oops: . I think my problem is I've been in denial! I tell myself I'm not that big, it's not that bad, thats until I see a photo :shock: !! Plus I can feel it's just not that good for my health, as I'm always sluggish and tired.

I just got engaged, and thought THATS IT! When I get married I want to be comfotable in my skin, I want to look good on the day and be able to feel comfortable with little things like getting changed in front of my man-silly I know, but I really don't at the moment!

So here goes...wish me luck :wink:

First weigh in: 81.6
This week I am going to try and exercise for half an hour every second day and cut out as much junk as I can

I'm going to try and post on here a few times a week.
I'd appreciate any advice or tips, God knows I need it :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Re: starr22's Progress:)

Postby Brissybabe » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Good on you starr. The first step is always the hardest.
Brissybabe

Postby starr22 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Thanks Brissybabe :)

Ok, so I'm really happy with myself so far, apart from last night's naughty dinner at an all you can eat restaurant :shock: , which, honestly was pretty bad but not as bad a it could have been. Previously I would have stuffed myself silly :oops:. But, yeah other than that it's been an awsome week :)

My next weigh in is on Tues, so fingers crossed I stay on track 8)
[/url]
starr22

Postby starr22 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:00 pm

I have to say i'm pretty happy with myself this week! Apart from the odd freddo here and there I have managed to cut most junk out of my diet :D Night time is still a bit of a struggle :twisted: so I've been going to bed early - you can't eat when you're asleep right! :lol:

I've also been doing my 30min of exercise everyday, even today, which is great cause normally I do pretty much nothing on Sundays :)

Weigh in tomorrow, which I feel good about, hopefully the scales reflect my effort! I'm hopeng I can keep the motivation going now. It's normally at this stage, a couple of weeks in, I fall off the wagon :( But I feel so much better already, and I know I can do this, I just have to be totally commited :)
[/url]
starr22

Postby starr22 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:32 pm

Well so much for me posting in here 2 or 3 times a week! haha It's been more like 2 times this month :roll: Anyway, i'm sitting here bored out of my mind, wondering what I should eat :evil: I always eat when I'm bored :twisted: Never healthy either. So instead of eating, I'm posting in here :D

Went and bought some size 12 clothes today, so I'm hopeing they will motivate me. I want to fit into them by the end of Jan (fingers crossed). It's wierd cause earlier this year (bout may) I weighed about 85kg and was a snug size 14 and I now weigh around 79kg and I am STILL a snug size 14 :x Grrrr I think thats one of the reasons I'm finding it hard to stay motivated. I really can't wait to feel my clothes getting loose and too big. I guess it's just going to be a long road this time round.

My boy is away tonight and I am struggling to stay away from the junk! I'm always bad (REALLY BAD) when he is not here. He is always on at me to loose weight and I guess when he is around I don't eat as much junk cause I feel guilty :oops: But when he is away......OMG , I guess i try and fit as much in as I can before he gets back :shock: Not this time though! I'm dtermined not to ruin my hard work.

Monday is my next weigh in, hopeing to loose (even just a couple of hundred gms would be good) guess we'll soon see...........
[/url]
starr22

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:12 pm

Can you keep your hands busy with knitting or writing poetry or something? I find when I get busy I forget about food for a bit. And if your hands are busy there isn't the temptation to keep reaching for snacks!

I'm sure you'll get down to a size 12 in no time at all. You're doing really well, Starr! Never forget that!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby starr22 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 am

OMG I just scoffed down 4....yes 4 mint slice biscuits!! I havn't even had brekkie yet and I'm so mad with myself now :x I really need to learn self control. I had 2 last night as well :shock: thats 6 in like the last twelve hours :evil: Don't know why I even bought the things, such a silly thing to do really. I think I'm going to go throw the rest away now, otherwise i'll end up eating the rest of them today.

EWQ, I think I should try and keep busy like u said. I'll have to think of a new hobbie :D
[/url]
starr22

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:36 am

Yes, throw them away! I know it will feel like a waste, but where would you rather that fat - on your thighs or in the bin? And while it's a bit of a waste of money, the waste was really buying them in the first place. If you throw them out it'll help remind you next time not to buy them!

Good luck in finding a hobby you enjoy! If there's nothing that springs to mind I can recommend origami. You can buy packets of beautifully coloured and patterned origami paper from eBay. And there are lots of origami plans on the internet.

Or embroidery. It's becoming popular again and it's a great way of personalising stuff.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby starr22 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Well the boy left for Victoria this morning, so I am now oficially 'home alone' for nearly 3 weeks :shock: I'm sure i'll be fine, i'll just have to do heaps of exercise to keep me busy. It's also kind of a test, to see if I can control myself food wise while I am here on my own, normally if he is away, even for one night, I completely pig out.......but not this time.......fingers crossed.

Went grocery shopping today, had to get it out the way as I am working up till 6pm Xmas eve. Didn't go too overboard, only got a few treats and only diet soft drink. I am planning on being really good/strict with my food up till Xmas day, that way I can afford to have a few treats on Xmas day without feeling too guilty.

Mmm have to go make lunch now, don't know what to have maybe something with tuna :D
[/url]
starr22

Postby starr22 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Ok, well I'm still home alone, but only for another three or four days :D Yay!

Just read my previous post......Pffffftt, so much for that! lol Have done practically no exercise, I think I've gotten on the exercise bike maybe 3 times :shock: and eaten whatever I wanted hehehe, but thats the past and it's a new year and time to clean my act up.

Had a small panic moment when I realised that my 10 year school reunion will be happening at some stage this year :shock: I mean I knew about it but hadn't given it a thought until just a minute ago. I'm guessing it will be held in the latter part of the year.........(sigh of relief) so I still have time to lose some weight and turn up looking smokin! :lol: See, during high school I was some what plain and heavy set, or so I thought anyway :roll: when I look back on photos now, I really don't know why I felt like that, cause I looked a lot slimmer than I do right now, gosh we are silly when we are young! But anyway, I plan to turn up a a much more confident person than I was back then :mrgreen: I'm going to use the reunion as my new motivation! Hope it works :P
[/url]
starr22

Postby kelvinator » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:42 pm

I used the reunion when I was losing weight a few years ago. I put on a bit before it and didn't end up going. What a fool-school really brings out the worst in me. I too thought that I was overweight at school, rewind 11 years... I was 57.5kg at my formal and thought that my arms were HUGE in the photo's-oh to be that weight now!!

Best of luck with the weight loss. :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:56 am

Hi, just an idea, have you thought about going back to WW? I don't do WW and never have...not trying to push it or anything but I was just thinking, if it has worked for you in the past, following a program, maybe it will work again?
Good luck in the new year with your goals - and the reunion and your impending wedding (how exciting!!) :D nothing like a candle up the butt for motivation :wink: Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby starr22 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:35 pm

I have thought about going back to WW, infact, to tell the truth I have been going on and off for the past 4 years :oops: It worked really well for me the first time, but after I put he weight back on and went back......well it just wasn't the same. Don't know why :? Anyway, I'm giving Calorie King a go. Fingers crossed :D
[/url]
starr22

Postby Jane85 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi Starr,

I just read thru your posts for the first time tonight and wanted to wish you well with your journey.

I can vouch for the calorieking thing, I used it when I started losing weight and every now and then when Im going off track I go back to it.

Stay strong with this chicky, its so worth it :)

Luv Jane
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEuhBwI/]
[/url]
Jane85

Postby starr22 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:12 am

Thanx Jane85 :D You are right, it will all be worth it in the end!
[/url]
starr22

Next

Return to Personal Progress