It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 am

Free Newsletter

Conscientia's battle with the bulge!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Conscientia's battle with the bulge!

Postby conscientia » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:17 pm

I want to start a little diary kind of thing on here to track how I'm going, hope you don't mind!
My start weight was 115, after just weighing myself on wiifit, I am currently 111.7, yay!
December 13 I leave to go the the US for five weeks so I am hoping I can keep up my weight loss while I am away.
Many people are asking me why I don't just start when I get back but I can not stand to look at this reflection another day longer without doing something to make myself happier with it!
Before I leave, I aim to be double digits which might seem crazy but I am currently on duramine. My doctor prescribed it as I have been having trouble kickstarting any weightloss as I can't currently exercise much due to my asthma. I find however that once I have lost this bit of weight and get to arround the 100 mark, my asthma improves a lot, so I will go off it either before I leave or when I reach the double digits!
I will be extremely touristey whilst in the US and walking heaps so hopefully I can keep up with healthy eating while there.
My ultimate goal is 69kg, a weight I haven't been since I was about 14 :(
I hope to achieve this goal by this time next year... I hope that's a realistic projection, I'm not quite sure.

My motives include:
I have always been big and never happy about it - I finally have the motivation to fully commit to changing that
Many in my family suffer from weight related conditions and diseases
My asthma tends to fluctuate according to my current weight and I would love to have it under control. I hate when people give me looks when i am huffing and puffing as if to say its because you are fat and lazy and don't exercise - it's actually a medical condition people!
I get complacent whilst in relationships - I want my boyfriend to see me how I was 2 years ago again, if not better!
I am going to be a school teacher once I finish my degree, do not want to be known as the fatty teacher lol
My feet and ankles swell really badly - I have shoes ranging from size 8-10 depending on my weight
A proportionate body would be nice, with some nice fitting clothes for once. It seems that my body deposits fat really randomly and i would like to get rid of all the awkward lumps and bumps
I want people to look at me and not either seem revulsed or full of pity!

My downfalls:
I have previously had a consistently weak mindset, I will eat chocolate or mcdonalds and think to myself the whole time that it is wrong but still not stop myself. Not only that, I often get sever indigestion after eating takeaway but it still doesn't stop me
I am too embarrassed to go to a gym, instead I am aiming to use walking and wiifit (it is really awesome!)
I don't have anyone to do this with (hence you guys!) my boyfriend is actually my goal weight and he is trying to build weight and muscle so we have conflicting workouts and meal plans which can be difficult
My trip - I have just got to learn how to be good and to budget my money so i can afford more than takeaway lol

So yeah :)
That's all I can think of at the moment
Wish me luck in the coming days, weeks and months!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqWyt8Z/]
[/url]

SW: 111.7 (07/11/08)
CW: 96.6 (6/04/09)
GW: 69
LTD: 15.1
conscientia

Re: Conscientia's battle with the bulge!

Postby wilmawalrus » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Good luck Conscientia and welcome to the forum. You've done a great thing by not putting your weight loss off a moment longer - hope you hit goal by the time of your holidays!

Cheers, Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby conscientia » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Thankyou :)
[/url]

conscientia

Postby conscientia » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:26 pm

Hey everyone,
I had my first weigh in on Friday... -2.7kg, YAY!!!
So glad that I am well on my way :D

I have been eating well everyday and working out for at least an hour a day (except Wednesday cause I had an exam - could only manage half an hou rby the time I got home) my workouts have consisted of walking, yoga and basic calisthenics styled things.

I thought because I had been so good all week that I'll treat myself tonight and have subway for dinner (6 inch chicken teriyaki, sooo yummy!) but I feel so icky now, I could have only eaten half and been satisfied! I still need to learn to listen to what my body is telling me and stop when I am full!

Being on duromine I am having a hard time reaching my minimum of 1200 cals per day but am making sure I do by eating every 3 or so hours during the day. Hopefully by the time I am off the tablets I will be accustomed to eating that many calories and be able to stick to it :)

Another exam next Tuesday plus my boyfriend's birthday, so I am planning on having a little naughty day ;)

Also, I saw that Fernwood is having a 21 day trial for $21, if I start it the day after my exam, it will fit in perfectly before I go on holidays and help me decide whether it is the gym for me. I tried curves and was not impressed so hopefully this one works out better!

I have also heard heaps about WATP dvds on this forum so I am going to have a look into those. Also buying some cheap kitchen scales tomorrow to help with recording my food on calorie king.

Wish me luck :)
[/url]

conscientia

Postby Alexandra » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:00 am

Hi, Well done on your weight loss so far and I agree - great decision to not put it off any longer :D Another idea I had - try not to be embarrassed about going to the gym - you have nothing to be embarrassed about - you're a bright, intelligent, hard working, beautiful person who is doing something about your weight problem - what's to be embarrassed about? - you go girl!!
Best wishes, Alexandra :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby conscientia » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Thanks Alexandra :)
Our current and goal weights are quite similar, I am looking forward to reading about your successes :D

I can't wait for this exam to be over and done with on Tuesday so I can start at Fernwood. Here's hoping it works out better for me than curves did!
[/url]

conscientia

Postby conscientia » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:00 pm

Really unmotivated today, the heat is terrible and is really getting to me :(
My eating has been a bit off the last few days, still fitting into my calorie allowance but just the wrong kind of foods leaving me with very little energy

I've done some yoga this morning, hopefully I can muster some more energy to do some more exercise later on today before weigh in tomorrow!

/rant
[/url]

conscientia

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:18 pm

I hate trying to exercise in the heat! Our place has no air-conditioning however I've found one way I can get exercise while keeping cool. I jump under the shower fully clothed and get myself soggy. Then I go on the elliptical trainer with the fan pointed at me going full-bore. Then it's just a matter of jumping back under the shower any time I dry out!

Good luck. I hope it cools down for you soon.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:41 am

Another way to exercise in the heat is to go to the beach. Walking in sand is uses MUCH more energy than walking on concrete, trust me. And if you get too hot you just go for a dip in the water and then keep walking on the sand :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby conscientia » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:48 am

Great ideas ladies! I am definitely going to try both of them next time this ridiculous heat strikes!!

The results of my weigh in for this week are:
a loss of 2.8KG!!!!
woooo!!!
for a total loss of 5.5kg in two weeks, how insane is that?!
I am approaching my goal really nicely, only need 6.3kg over the next 3 weeks to hit 99.9kg before I leave for the US

Also, last week I inputted my measurements for my calorieking check-in and between bust, waist, hips and thigh I have lost 28cm! :shock:

I must be doing something right lol
I am also starting a 21 day fernwood trial tody hopefully to keep the kgs moving before I leave!

Have a lovely day everyone, I know I will :wink: :D
[/url]

conscientia

Postby ali76 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:49 am

Hi Conscientia! Welcome to the forum....sorry I'm so late!

Have you joined Fernwood? How's it going for you?

I'm with you hun.....I HATE exercising in the heat. Do you like to swim??

Well done on your loss so far - looking forward to seeing you all the way to goal!

Ali
xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby conscientia » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 am

Thanks Ali :)

I haven't joined Fernwood yet, I go away in three weeks so I thought I'd try the 21 day trial before I go away so the second I get home in mid-Jan I know exactly which gym I want to go to and don't waste time with decisions so I can get right back into it!
[/url]

conscientia

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:59 am

I'm looking at gym trialing too at the moment, or after christmas. I've heard fernwood is good but very expensive. I've also heard curves is just a joke.

What are you looking for in a gym? What does a gym have to have/do that makes you think they are the gym for you? I need a check list to go over to see what the gyms around me have when I try them lol
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby conscientia » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:17 am

My gym requirements are:
Not too far from home
Privacy
Classes such as spin etc so I can change things up when needed
Good equipment
Helpful staff

I don't really have any specific things that I am looking for other than those above which I think everyone looks for. Curves may be right for some people, it just definitely wasn't the right one for me!
[/url]

conscientia

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:16 pm

That's a great loss, Conscientia! What you're doing is definitely working for you. Keep up the good work!

Good luck with finding a gym that suits you.
EvilWombatQueen

Next

Return to Personal Progress