It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:16 am

Free Newsletter

Conscientia's battle with the bulge!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Conscientia's battle with the bulge!

Postby conscientia » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:36 pm

Back again today lol
Done my workout today, all up about an hour and half of calisthenics and walking, wooo!

Starting my trial at Fernwood tomorrow with a studio cycle class, exciting but also scary - I highly doubt I'll last the whole hour but I am definitely going to try my hardest. :wink:

I've also stopped taking my duromine, I am mostly only taking it every 3rd or 4th day. I seem to be completely out of my insomnia habits that I had pre-duromine but I realise it's probably due to me being way more active during the day than I was previously meaning I am way more tired come 9-10pm lol I have also noticed that I have a lot more mental clarity then I previously did and after a hard workout I feel refreshed which is great.

I am going to take all of my measurements at some stage today and post them all up, (no matter how horrible they are) that way with each week I can see exactly where this weight is dropping from.

I am also planning to try beach walking early early Sunday morning for a nice change of pace so I think I will invest in a pedometer. Alsoooo cnosidering putting some pictures up in the before and after section but I very much doubt I have the courage to, at least until I get back to double digits haha :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqWyt8Z/]
[/url]

SW: 111.7 (07/11/08)
CW: 96.6 (6/04/09)
GW: 69
LTD: 15.1
conscientia

Postby conscientia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:17 am

Woo, just got home from Fernwood...

I planned on starting with a spin class, cause after inputting on calorie king how many calories you burn I was mega excited... over 700 calories in 45 minutes :shock: :D

Anyways, I arrived with time to spare so though I would jump on and try the elliptical for the first time ever. OMG, I lasted for like 2 minutes lol looked like such a dweeb, but oh well, at least I'm trying!

I'm still going to do my normal workout today as well so I am having to up my food intake heaps to account for all this extra activity, I'm still finding it difficult to get beyond about 1300 cals so I think I will stick to that and add in a little extra at meal times to compensate`.

As promised from yesterday, some measurements (dear god they are terrible!)
Bust: 119
Waist: 104
Abdomen: 122
Hips: 127
Thigh: 72

I have the most abnormal shape ever, kind of like an apple haha hopefully that will slowly change though ;)
[/url]

conscientia

Postby conscientia » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi hi,
Still mega sore form the spin class yesterday - probably not the best thing to start off with but it is definitely not going to stop me! Heading back tomorrow for more torture that surprisingly has me smiling when I'm done lol

Anyways, I have decided to put some dreaded pictures up...
These are taken from today, ignore the terrible expression on my face, was certainly not impressed with how they were turning out :(
Full length:

Face:

This one is me about two years ago weighing mid 80s, can't wait till I'm looking not only like that again but better :D

eek :(
[/url]

conscientia

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:18 pm

Wow! You are seriously so pretty! And you've got great legs (lucky cow!). As someone who looks like I'm descended from a cart-horse when I wear a short skirt I have to say I am HUGELY jealous!

I hope you enjoyed your spin class. I had no idea they burned so many calories. No wonder you're sore!

How are you finding Fernwood? What's the atmosphere like?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Alexandra » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:07 am

Hello, sounds like you are going really well with your exercise plan. I've heard spin class is really hard - well done you! I'm only up to walking at this stage but I hope to graduate to something like that in the future! And your photo's look gorgeous - you are so beautiful!You really are a stunning young lady! You will be back to how you want to look in no time! Best wishes, Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby matchbox » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:01 pm

i agree with ali - you are absolutely stunning!!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:23 pm

I'll second that!! You're gorgeous - and you're going to look amazing when you get to goal.

You're doing so well - keep it up! It's great that you're motivated to get right into it - if you keep going, you won't be so sore after a few sessions, just make sure you have a rest day in between where you don't exercise in the same way ie. do some yoga or pilates or walking instead of spin to let your muscles recover.

Congrats on such a good loss for the first weeks too.

Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby conscientia » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:33 am

Thanks everyone :)

Feeling very disheartened today though. All week the scales have been up and down like crazy and it looks like for tomorrow I am actually going to be up for the week. It has me really upset because apart from working even harder the only thing I have been doing differently is trying to eat at least 1200 calories net (after exercise) everyday, which has been a struggle in itself.

I am now realising that as much of a longshot that it was for me to get to 99kg before I left for my holiday, it is completely unattainable now through safe weightloss :( I feel like I have been working my butt off and following the advice particularly of people on the CK forums who swear by eating a minimum of 1200 cals net and it has been my undoing so early in the game! I have a doctors appointment this afternoon and I am going to get him to sort out how many calories exactly I should be eating and whether I should be eating exercise calories back or not, afterall while these people have been helpful they do not know the particulars of my body nor do they have a medical degree! I think when I am having to force myself to eat, it just has to be too much!

Also, planned on going to the gym this morning but sharing a car with a boyfriend who works full-time makes it difficult sometimes lol will just have to workout at home and make up for it tomorrow :D

The funny thing is that this week especially when my weight is climbing back up even higher than it was last week, people are starting to notice that my face etc has thinned out a bit. It is such a relief because even when I am lighter you can tell in my photos that I have what I call chuppa-chup cheeks, it looks like I am sucking on lollipops (I love them anyway, just not when my whole face is fat hahaha)

I am also adjusting really well to eating healthily. I am the biggest sugar person but now I don't even feel like sugary things or putting it on my cereal etc, it's like I have detoxed my love of sugar out of my system lol

So, lets hope with the advice from my doctor, I can get back down again next week, because I am accepting the fact already that tomorrow is going to be a + on the scales rather than a -.
[/url]

conscientia

Postby conscientia » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:53 pm

Hmm, after seeing my doctor today, he wants me to completely stop countiing calories as my little growing obsession with it has gotten out of hand. I am back to eating when hungry and I feel much better after a day of not tallying calories and forcing myself to eat. He made me realise that I should be proud that I am taking the steps to improve my life and that as long as I am moving in an overall downward direction everything is going great. He also couldn't believe looking at me what my exqact weight is which most people seem to have agreed on, he thinks I look early to mid 90s max which is a relief. I am pretty much going to just disregard the weight number and worry about measurements from now on :)

I feel like such a burden has been lifted off my shoulders... weigh in tomorrow won't be great but hopefully there will be a decrease in the measurements I listed up last week
[/url]

conscientia

Postby conscientia » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:21 am

Weight: 107.3 (+1.1 which my doctor thinks is just fluid etc)
Bust: 115
Waist: 99
Abdomen: 115
Hips: 121
Thigh: 71

So that's a loss of 23cm, 24 if you count both thighs lol

So considering I have lost a whole heap of cm but gained weight, it's fairly simple to assume the weight is a gain of muscle, loss of fat as well as fluid :) either way, I am only counting the measurements as significant from now on :P
[/url]

conscientia

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Congrats on the measurements going down! That's the most important thing, far better than anything the scales could possibly say. Well done and keep up the good work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby conscientia » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:05 am

Checking in for the week:

Weight: 104.4 (-2.9 but most of that is most likely all the fluid from last week)
Bust: 113 (-2)
Waist: 95 (-4)
Abdomen: 110 (-5)
Hips: 117 (-4)
Thigh: 66 (-5)

So a total lost of 25cm counting both thighs :)

I leave next Friday afternoon which is mega exciting. Still spending hours working out the kinks in the itinerary though :| lol
I aim to just stay under 105 before I go away, and not be too far above it when I get back, +2-3kg max :)
[/url]

conscientia

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:05 pm

Wow. You're shrinking rapidly! I hope you have a great time away. Be sure to take lots of pictures to show us! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Gordz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:05 pm

wilmawalrus wrote:I'll second that!! You're gorgeous - and you're going to look amazing when you get to goal.

You're doing so well - keep it up!

+1!!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby conscientia » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Hey everyone!
I'm back! and have been for a few weeks now, just settling back in and getting readjusted to this terrible heat and boredom!
Anyways, jumping right into it, I have a new weigh in day of Saturdays..
31/1:
Weight: 103.1kg
Bust: 111
Waist: 95
Abdomen: 107
Hips: 118
Thigh: 68

Any weight I put on whilst overseas was virtually negligible which is fine by me and now that I am home I am right back in the swing of things. I joined a new gym which is just around the corner from me, one of those 24/7 gyms called jetts. I passed on joining fernwood as my main reason for selecting it was purely that it was female only - I have to get over being so self-conscious! Besides, this gym is a fraction of the cost and instead of being a 20min drive away like fernwood it is a 20 min walk away!

I have my first personal training session tomorrow so I will find out exactly what it is I should be doing but so far I am not pushing myself too hard. On average only 25 mins on the treadmill alternating between 5.5 and 9, 10 mins on the elliptical, 10 mins on bikes and 100 crunches. Can't wait till I can push myself harder!

I haven't taken duromine since I've been home but I might take it every second or third day in the coming weeks as i amp up at the gym.

Today's food:
B: 2 weetbix, low fat milk, no sugar
S: 1 banana
L: vegemite sandwich on multigrain
S: 1 apple
D: subway chicken teriyaki 6 inch

ive been craving subway for ages so i have no troubles indulging with that!
[/url]

conscientia

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress