It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

Welcome to Belinda World

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Welcome to Belinda World

Postby mindy32 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Well, I think it's time I started a progress thread, since I like talking so much. Plus I am trying to keep away from the Milo and icecream and figure theres no better way to do that than to post on here! It have posted it in parts in various other places on this forum, but I might as well give a brief rundown on myself and my weightgain/loss story here too. Can't hurt right?

Well, I'm 22. Working full-time, had a break from university this semester, but going back again next semester (which reminds me, i must hand those forms in this week!!), which of course will give me even less time. I worked super hard at high school 4 years ago to get the grades I needed to get into law at uni, but stacked on more weight, and having never been thin to start with, I ended up at about 96kg first year uni. I guess I am lucky I am fairly tall and seem to carry my weight well, or so I have been told. Noone ever knew or thought I looked like I'd put on that much weight, until I admitted it after loosing it. My 18th Birthday photos were my turning point. I cried for days, i couldnt believe i looked like that, I threw every single photo out (wish i hadnt now for comparisons sake!). So, I decided it was time to loose it. I did do it quite gradually, with work and uni I knew i couldnt keep it up if I tried drastic measures. By my 21st I was about 78kg, and felt soooo much better. I wore a short dress, and kept every single photo. Sure, i wasnt thin, but I felt 'normal'. Thats a horrid thing to say as I never ever think badly of other people's weight, it was just a personal mind thing that i didnt want to think of myself as 'the fat girl'. Being lazy, getting far too comfortable with the boyfriend who can eat absolutely anything and have a good body (bloody army guys, they just train too much lol), and being busy I put on about 4 or 5kg in the past 6 months. Between full-time work, full-time uni (which has luckily as i said, been on break this semester, but will be back soon) and being a volunteer fundraising coordinator for the Make-a-wish Foundation, I find myself getting lazy and eating takeaway when imr eally busy. I am TOTALLY not blaming that on being busy, im blaming that on me being too lazy to organise myself prior. But lately I have been MUCH better. Take Lean Cuisine to work, or have cruskits, always carry an apple and a muesli bar in my handbag, and keep little packets of mini low fat cookies in the cupboard so i can grab them on the way out the door. I have eaten takeaway only about twice in the last 4 or 5 weeks, and excercised almost every day....

Only to loose just 0.6kg. Im super glad to see the 70's back, and be at 79.9kg, but to try sooo hard for so many weeks and loose so little is a bit frustrating! I did measure yesterday morning and it turns out i appear to have lost 2.5cm from my waist, and about 1cm from my hips, which is great, but im wondering if i was just bloated the first time i measured lol. I have decided my goal is 71-72kg by September next year, which may seem ridiculously far away, but I think an achievable goal will help. I keep thinking if I loose 0.5kg-1kg every month, like this month, I'll be able to get to goal by Mums wedding next September, and our Europe trip the same month! Its a pretty motivating goal. So, lets see if i can drop another kg 0r 2 before Christmas, and then I might feel like I'm on track.

I have decided Im going to post my thoughts and achievements, or lack thereof, on here, just to keep me sane and remind me what's been going on. I'll leave this as my intro, and I shall post my thoughts of the day in another post in two minutes......
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Re: Welcome to Belinda World

Postby mindy32 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Alright, so for today.....

I'm feeling a little bit down to be perfectly honest! Im a very cheery, pretty social, person, but I'm just a bit tired, overworked and lonely today! The wonderful boyfriend (who shall be hereon mentioned by name: Daniel) has been out bush for the last 11 days, and won't be back until Tuesday, and I'm missing him. Because of uni we've been living interstate from each other, but talking a number of times every day and seeing each other every few weeks. Guess it just sucks not talking to him at all, because he cant use his phone out there, so no contact is a bit like just being on my own all over again! I've gone out with friends, done heaps of researching for our Europe trip, and kept myself occupied, but sitting home alone on a Saturday night (I usually work saturday night, but i worked 7am-3:30pm today instead), with all my friends busy, is kinda making me lonely! I usually enjoy my own company, but eh just one of those days I think. Stressed and all that. Blah I need to quit my damn whinging lol!!! I am super excited because I get a few days off next week to go see Daniel, flying up to Brissie Thursday night, and back Sunday night, get to see his course march out parade which is cool, and get to spend a few whole days with him, so I should focus on that and be a happy little chappy!

Enough ranting from me, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Get used to my posts, because I have a tendency to say what I think and often hehe.

Love,
Belinda
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby starr22 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi Belinda, wow you've come a long way from where you started :D Thats a wonderful achievement. It is hard being away from your man, mine used to work night shift and that was bad enough :? Don't give in to the milo though :) it's not worth it.

Best of luck with everything
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Alexandra » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:59 am

*ggg* I love to talk too.. my husband say's I have waaaay too many words... I have recently quit my job to look after my father who is terminally ill and some days I don't get to talk enough, so when he gets home I just can't stop and then after a time, I see this glazed look come over his eyes and pained expression and say to him geez, I'm bad today, huh? So, it must be hard with your bf away - bummer :( especially out of phone range. And it's hard when you're feeling lonely not to then check the cupboards for a bit of company too, hey? But the computer can be your friend too, right? And wow, you are crazy busy at the moment. I'm in awe - you are one of those go-get-em achieving girls :D you should be very proud of what you have already achieved! I wish I was as together as you are at your age *gg*

Hope tuesday gets here really really soon, take care

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby mindy32 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Aww thanks for the replies ladies! You're so sweet. I have resisted the Milo Starr, and many other things at my little cousins 2nd birthday party today, so I am in quite a good mood! Still missing the boyfriend, but over my little self-pity fest haha. Alexandra I know how you feel, everyone i know says i talk a LOT haha. My boy is pretty good, but occassionally even he gets that same glazed look and i realise i've just rambled on too much, although often he just laughs at me. Im soo excited, only another two sleeps till i can talk to the boy, and im heading up to brissie to see him on Thursday for 3 and a half days, so thats going to be soo awesome! Im going to have to try really hard when im there to eat healthy, and im going to make him come walking with me. might only be 3 days but when i am loosing such small amounts, i cant afford to put any back on. Because Daniel lives on base, theres no kitchen so we go out for every meal usually. Last time i was there i got him to get me Special K so i eat healthy for brekkie, i usually grab a rye sandwhich or if we're out out i will have a salad or something, but i eat bad at dinner and snacks, so i'll try and be a good girl this time around and make sure that even when Dan eats takeaway, since he can eat what he likes, i will make sure i eat better. So thats my pact for next weekend!

My best friend made yummy onion and sweet potato quiche tonight so i had a piece for dinner, and she gave me a piece to bring for lunch, so i am going to take that to work and have some salad with it, and then my normal lean cuisine for dinner, so it should all work out well :).

Well, i should stop talking on here and go make myself useful.

<3 Belinda
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby mindy32 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:21 am

Dilemmas dilemmas! Chocolate in a container sitting right behind me in reception, calling my name, can I resist?! Only time wil tell. And I must admit, by resist I do not mean avoid entirely, it is a once a month occurence to have a few chocolates at work, so I will not deny myself altogether. But I have been here for more than three hours now, all alone, with the chocolates taunting me, and have only had one (they're only little ones, like Cadbury Favourites), and considering how hungry I am today, I am quite proud. Oh, did I mention I am a chocoholic? *Hangs head in shame*. I can resist chocolate only as long as it is not around me. This is also why peanut butter is often banned from our house, peanutbutteraholics anyone? I cannot be alone in that, I'm sure. If I don't see it, I wont crave it nearly as much. I have found that in the last two weeks I am doing far better with my weightloss and not feeling hungry as often since I have allowed myself some treats, so I am glad that is working for me!

I leave for Brissie tommorrow and I am quite determined to at least mantain my weight until I get back on Monday, if not loose more. I must first paint a picture as to why determination is so important for those who are new to my ramblings: Dear boyfriend Daniel is an army boy, good body, can eat whatever he wants because he trains so hard. As do all his friends. He lives on an army base, in a room, that is part of a four bedroom 'unit' (if you can call it that). There are no cooking facilities, so we eat out for every meal. I need to make healthier choices this time around, even though I am a fairly healthy eater in general, I do need to ensure I cut back on the carbs! But, much to my excitement (and Daniel's as well of course) he is organising to move in with a workmate in an apartment in the next few weeks. And do we all know what that means: a kitchen; no more food battles! (Well not so many anyway, we're both pretty social so dinner out sometimes is inevitable).

Well, I must fly (only figuratively speaking, not literally until tommorrow unfortunately!), have a wonderful day everyone,
<3 Belinda
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Return to Personal Progress