It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Free Newsletter

FB is lining up...it starts with a gram and a step...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

FB is lining up...it starts with a gram and a step...

Postby FluffyBunny » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:45 am

Hi there,

I have officially started my new lifestyle. I got up with renewed enthusiasm, fed bub, orgainised myself and we went for an hour long walk. It's so damned hot in Sydney so I was sweating before I'd been walking for 15 mins! Anyway, plugged in my ipod and walked to the beat of the songs. I felt invigorated at the end of it and we finished up at the park to give bub a swing and run around before heading home.

So, tomorrow, I'm aiming to do the same. Only difference being that I hope a friend can join me. She's trying to lose some weight too so hopefully we can motivate each other. My goal, for the walking, is to walk every street in our suburb.

On Monday I'm starting a ketogenic diet...hopefully - if I can find the paperwork I had from the last time. It's tough, super hard work, b/c it's eating not a lot other than green stuff and protein. Anyway, we'll see if I can find it. It's not something to undertake without all the details. I have a friend who is a naturopath who helped me through it last time I did it and I lost 11kg in 4 weeks. HUGE weightloss.

I need that kind of motivation again.

OK. Baby has just woken so hopefully I'll get to write more later.

Kate
CW: 90kgs
1st goal: Lose 10kgs
2nd goal: Lose 10kgs
TOTAL GOAL: Lose 20kg

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary[/url]
FluffyBunny

Re: FB is lining up...it starts with a gram and a step...

Postby Gordz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Good stuff Kate!

It's damn hot in melbourne today too. Thats a pretty scary sounding diet for 11kg in 4 weeks is phenominal! best of luck
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby FluffyBunny » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:41 pm

I'm on a bit of a roll...I know it's only been 2 days but I've made my start. I went for another 1.5hour long walk with my bub and although it was humid and every fly in the nation descended upon us I felt fantastic. We stopped at the local park as a reward for bub. sitting in the pram for that long without a whinge is a long time so the park with swings and a run around is what we both needed.

I've made it my challenge to walk every street in my suburb and I'm happy with that. Although the legs are protesting a little :lol: especially up the hills...the long, steady inclines are the worst....and there are A LOT of them where I live.
Anyway, eating wise, I've done well again today. A friend came over though and we had a cup of tea together with a tim tam...and really, one was enough.

Tomorrow is another day and another walk lined up.

OK. time to go to sleep.

Hope everyone is well and on track with their goals.

Kate

FluffyBunny

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi Kate! Sounds like you're well on your way. Good on you! It's great that you've got a weight-loss buddy to help you on your way. Two lots of motivation is better than one lot!

Good luck! I'm looking forward to reading about your progress.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby FluffyBunny » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Gosh...it's been ages since I've been on here. I lost my motivation in a big way. I let my life get in the way. Christmas, NY, bubs, then I had an attack of the guilts for NOT getting more in tune and going to the gym, watching what I eat etc...you know how it goes....

So, more health problems have sprung up since I was last here...too long to go into now. Basicall, have been referred to a dietician and went to see her today, and things (she thinks) aren't as dire as they seem to me. Basically, I need to watch my portion control and use more Low GI based foods. What I need - just to make me a little more obsessive - is one of the portion plates she has in her office :lol: . Seriously, going to find myself one of these....somewhere. If anyone knows where I can get one, please point me in the right direction. I've also taken the step to meet with a personal trainer and see what he has to say. This could be the extra motivation I need.

Hope everyone is well and hasn't lost their 'mojo'.

Kate

FluffyBunny

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Glad to see you back here, FB. It's great that you've got a dietitian on board to help you.

Not sure where you can buy a portion control plate. I'd suggest using a marker to mark lines on a normal plate, but you don't really want ink coming off on your food! Maybe next time you see your dietitian ask her where you can get them. Personally I just eyeball amounts. One half of the plate as steamed veg and/or salad, one quarter as protein and one quarter as low GI carbs.

Good luck! If you find out where to get those plates please let us know!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:38 pm

It's hard to keep the motivation up, isn't it? I love the WLF for helping me that way though. I think it must be particularly hard for mums though who spend their whole time putting everyone elses needs first. I hope you find some time and energy to spend on yourself and your health and general well being. Those really long walks sounded great (and exhausting) - although I know its really hot in many states now! Hope you find the support and motivation you need to get going and best of luck with your goals. Best wishes, Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby FluffyBunny » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Well, I've 'lost' 300gms. My dietician banned me from getting on the scales but I just couldn't help myself! :lol: I know I should have more self control but there they are in the bathroom, every single morning, willing me to get on them.

Anyway, a bit more of info after the visit to the dietician, I forgot to add that the BMI was 46.1. Hate that number....hate all numbers at the moment, the scales, the bmi, the clothing sizes...you get the picture.

So I also met with the PT and he only had positive things to say. He was great. Really positive and not one of these types to want to lock you in to 12 months of PT...so I can do it for a month if I want. I'm going to do it. I just really need to kickstart my metabolism. Once I do that, and get into the habit of exercise again I think I can achieve everything I want.

I'm eating a Low GI diet, and so far it seems to be working. In that I'm not constantly looking for something to graze on and I actually don't want sweets and am trying to get back up to drinking nearly 2 lts of water a day.

That's all from me right now.

Kate

FluffyBunny

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:38 pm

You're doing brilliantly Kate! I think your PT sounds great. Positivity is the key to a happy weight loss journey. If the numbers are getting you down right now I think it's the right thing to totally ignore them (that said - congrats on the loss!) Focus on how great you're feeling and how wonderful living a healthy, happy lifestyle is. Sounds like you've got a great plan going and you're finding it really easy to stick to. Well done!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mumnbub » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Hide the scales! I have to put mine away or I will hope on every day (still get on 2-3 times a week but its more effort).

Sounds like you are doing everything posible to lose the weight so am sure that next time you do hop on the scales there will be a difference that will make you smile.

Your doing a great job
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby FluffyBunny » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:47 am

Well my plan for the day has turned to crap! Hubby decided her was going to work, meaning that I couldn't go to an early gym session b/c there's no one to look after bub. I decided that I would put on a load of washing and go for a walk with her. Then bub decided that at she had had enough and performed and carried on so she was tired and I've put her to bed. Still can't go for a walk b/c I can't leave her and hubby won't be home until about 6 tonight!!! GGGRRRRRrrrrrrrr...angry bunny!!!!

Kate

FluffyBunny

Postby mumnbub » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:43 pm

It can be such a pain when you make plans to exercise but it does not happen- that happened to me today, got started but had phone call then a visitor. just need to have other types of exercise plans for when things like that happen.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Hey Bunny - maybe you should invest in an exercise DVD to do for those times when a walk isn't possible? At least you can do that at home while the bub is asleep?

Or maybe download some home exercises that you can do with cans of food etc?
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby FluffyBunny » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:52 pm

All good advice and taken on board :)

Stupid thing is years ago, I used to train A LOT...and I mean ALOT. I trained for a bodyshaping competition so I know all the exercises I can do and have all my books etc still but it feels like if I'm in my house then there is always something else that needs doing...excuses...do you know what I mean?

I do have a Wii fit that I was given as a xmas present but we don't have a wii console so the bloody thing won't work! How's that for stupid??? :lol:

Anyway, I've found my motivation. I went to the gym late on Saturday, and again on Sunday to the spin class and today I went today and did an hour of high intensity cardio, plus a bit of running on the treadmill. I'm so proud of myself! I have even started to feel better already :)

Off to work tomorrow so no gym for me but I will be going on Saturday and Sunday again.

Kate

FluffyBunny

Postby FluffyBunny » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi all,

Well, couldn't help myself. Had to weigh myself today. I have officially lost 1kg!!! wohoo!!!! Going to the gym tomorrow and going to do a pump class. And, I start with my PT on Friday. Looking forward to creating a brand new habit :-)

Kate

FluffyBunny

Next

Return to Personal Progress