It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Nicks progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Nicks progress

Postby mumnbub » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Ok, did not lose much this week (100g) so will be recording everything that happens for this week so that I can really see whats going on.

So food today:
b- Fruit smoothy
l- smoked salmon and avo sushi roll and a chicken and avo sushi roll
s- banana
d- a lasagne made with zucchini and eggplant slices instead of pasta and no cheese sauce- just some cheese on top
2 coffee's for the day plus about 2L water

Exercise:
Did 2 gogging laps around the sports field- totalling 8min
Walked lots and lots, instead of driving around the area I walked from one place to the other so have done about 10000 steps today

So even though I did not get to do a workout I think I have still done well. I was trying to do a dvd workout but by the time I got home today I had to do some house work as I had an inspection on the house, these people looked at it for about 1hr! they really like it and think they may put an offer in- anyway, by the time they left I did not have long before I had to go pick Eric up then its been full on since then. Will drag out the leg master later to do while watching TV, might add a few other floor exercises in as well.

Tomorrow I plan on going for a jog in the morning but wont get to do much else- will be a really busy day as I have to drive up to toowoomba for a job interview and look at rentals, so by the time I get home it will be late and I will be exhausted- just as long as i manage to eat well i will be fine.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Alexandra » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:57 pm

I think you've done well to lose what you have, well done! This weather is not conducive to weight loss, really. How has it been up there, at the t-ba? The rain and humidity has been really hindering me! You're going in the right direction, so be proud! Good luck for this week! Best wishes, Alexandra :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby mumnbub » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 pm

Well it has been a really BUSY day. Up at 5:30am and go go go since then. Will start with food

b- fruit smoothy but without my strawberries

s- maccas cafe late and a bacon and egg mcmuffin (oops)

l- ham cheese tomato sandwhich on the run

d- not entirely sure what was in it as its been frozen in the deep freese for a while but had rice, veggies and chicken in it- a flavour i cant really remember though lol

also had one can of lemonade and 2 normal coffee's

So, now for my day... As mentioned I was up at 5:30 to get organised for the trip to toowoomba. Got there at 11:00 so found a bathroom to tidy myself up again, also photocopied my personal papers for rentals. Just before 12:00 I walked into the office for my interview- was with a recruitment agency. I had to do a test first, just general stuff. As it turns out I have advanced levels of Word and Excel and type with 99% accuracy which is good.

So got into the actual interview 1hr later- the job I appied for was about to be given to someone else who was having a second interview with the employer in a short while- so all that was a waste, well, they will be keeping all my details on file in case another job comes available. Thanks guys for making me come all this way for nothing!

So anyway, I was late for my first rental viewing so I rang them to see if someone could still come out- nope, they only go out once a day but can show me tomorrow- yeah, that works when I live in Brisbane. Never mind, 1 down still 2 to look at. So I ring the 2nd as I was running maybe 1min late. "Sorry we left a message for you today, the appointments been cancelled as we have to many applications" I got so upset at the poor lady- I booked that appointment on Friday, they knew I was comming up ONLY today and as far as they knew it was just to see that place- it would have been perfect for me but there was nothing they could do. Feeling angry I headed to the 3rd. Got there and thankfully had an agent to show me through. The uni was nice, good size rooms but the yard was only those decrative stones- no grassor anywhere for Eric to play- he cant play on rocks!

So in the end my whole day was a waste of time- I achieved nothing other then spending money I dont have on fuel.

So by the time I left I knew I would be cutting it close- had until 6pm on the dot to pick up Eric. So I am speeding home- doing about 110 in a 100 zone - (hope none of you are cops lol). once in brisbane I had 1hr left to get home- but it was peak hour traffic time- I think I ran through a few very orange lights lol, I was really panicking thinking of what will happen if i am late.

But yay! I made it- I got there litterally at 5:58pm! OMG I was lucky- there are some day care centers that chage $10 per min when your late so I figured it was worth the risk of speeding a bit- a fine would have been cheaper lol.

Got home just after 6pm and had the people who are buying the house come around for another inspection with their parents- I found out about it 1hr before hand- the house was not tidy as I had no time this morning. So they were looking while I tried to get dinner organised.

So I quickly fed Eric, had a bit of a cuddle and a play and washed him down with a washer before I put him to bed.

I want to go to bed soon but am still trying to train my body to stay up late so I cope with Uni. Thankfully there have been lots of new blogs today thanks guys for giving me something to do for the evening lol. Will also see if there are any new rentals and jobs for my next visit to toowoomba- hopefully it will be more productive
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[/url]
mumnbub

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm so sorry to hear your day was such a waste. I'm sure it'll work out for you. Who knows, maybe you would have settled for one of those first two places when there's an even better one waiting to be seen!

Good luck. I hope you find a terrific place soon, and a terrific job to go with it.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mumnbub » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:16 am

I tend to avoid blogging if it has been a bad day- which is why I am doing this on Thursday not Wednesday. But I decided the whole point of this was to track what I had been doing and get some advice.

So lets start with my food for the day:

started with a V

b- 2 slice multigrain bread with vegimite

s- 1 avo and salmon sushi roll

l- banana sandwhich

s- banana sandwhich

s- mini queshe from bakery (sorry about the spelling)

at neighbours house- 2 wines and some chips

d- 3/4 packet continental chicken and vegi rice

2 coffee's

So that was a bit to much food and dont know why I did it too myself- I guess when the day is stuffed you just keep stuffing it up lol.

I was supposed to go shopping in the morning. Eric and I headed off at about 8:30 and stopped off at the employment agency to pick up the payment slip for the clothes- only able to get one shirt and one skirt but it all helps. So got to the shops and by the time I went to aldi for his nappies then picked up the clothes Eric was getting sleepy but I thought I would still get the shopping done- after 2min he was leaning his head on the trolly ready to fall asleep. I just could not let him sleep like that so I grabbed the stuff I desperatly needed for 24hrs and headed home so he could sleep. In the end he slept for 3.5hrs! Gosh I can get stuff done in that much time.

So while Eric slept I scrubbed some pen out of the couch using nappy san mixed with a bit of hot water so it was a paste then through the mahine and it all came out- thankfully. So I pegged it out, put in another load and started organising my stuff in storage as I am having a garage sale next weekend. After that I did a bit of house work then took the covers off the line and put them back on and took the photoes to put on Ebay as I am selling the couch.

Eric then woke up so we had a bit of a play before I decided to see my neighbours. She had been away for a week so wanted to catch up and give them the goss on their new neighbours. They always have wine around so I sat and had 2 and could not resist the chips sitting right in front of me.

Anyway, that was about all i did for the day- will attempt to do the grocery shopping first thing this morning instead.
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[/url]
mumnbub

Postby mumnbub » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 pm

Like ripping off a bandaid I will just get this over with:

b- fruit smoothy

s- sausage roll (first one in months so thats not bad)

l - ham cheese bun thing from the bakery

d - risotto

had 2 coffee's and a jarrah hot choc

I am not impressed that i gave in and had that sausage roll but it did one thing for me- proved I dont want another one, it really was not that nice and had a greasy taste afterwards- not nice.

I eventually got some grocery shopping done this afternoon. Was delayed as I got a phone call from the real estate saying there is a slight problem with the contract so it might not go through but they do have someone else interested so wanted to show them through- so once they had their look we went shopping.

Did not have to buy much as I will be using up my frozen dinners before I move. I also found about 10 days worth of those tony fergoson shakes so decided that maybe it was a sign- this might just be what i need to kick start my weight loss again- a change could work. So as of tomorrow I will be having those, just something to shock my system. I have only 10 days worth and have no intention on buying more.

I also received my text books today so I have been working out my study plan and having a good look at whats required. I feel possitive that I can do this.

So thats been my day- once again no exercise but tomorrow I have no reason to leave the house so will get stuck into a workout when eric naps- if its not raining i might even go for my morning walk which I know will feel fantastic.
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[/url]
mumnbub

Postby mumnbub » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:24 pm

So I am almost at the end of my recording week. I hoped on the scales a few moments ago and normally it will show up to 1kg more than what it would in the morning so was very encouraged when it said 80.00kg! So I must have lost somthing this week! WOW what a shock lol.

So today has been great food wise, started the tony ferguson shakes and feel great about it.

b- shake

b- burgain soy-lin toast with vegimite

l- shake

a/t - some vanilla yoghurt with some strawberries

d- risotto with a bit of sausage in it

1 coffee

OMG I only had ONE coffee the whole day! I seem to cope well on a restricted diet so over the next 10 days I should see some results.

My day has been pretty boring. I did have to see the doctors at 9:40 then came home and got a phone call from the real estate- yep the contract fell though, they had a domestic so wont be buying now. So they had more people come around about lunch- which meant while Eric slept I cleaned up... there goes my chance to exercise. So I cleaned the house, had the people come through, have my lunch then decided that as Eric was still asleep I would have a workout, got changed and had done 5min on the strider when he woke up :( I was really enjoying it too but I guess I knew I would only be there until he woke.

The rest of the afternoon was spent ringing real estate agents in toowoomba to arrange viewings for tomorrow. The plan is to drop Eric off at my sisters at 7am to head off for my first viewing at 9am, then at 10:40 then 1:30 then 4pm. In between I will be doing drive by's of the places I could not get in to see and will also visit my grandmother and my 2 aunts who just happen to be in toowoomba at the same time for different reasons. I have not seen one of them since I started losing weight so I might just shock her a bit :)

Anyway, I would say today went well, would have liked to do more exercise but that could not be helped. Eating was fantastic- couldnot have gone better.
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Alexandra » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:26 pm

Sorry to hear about the contract falling through. You seem to have so much going on in your life at the moment, I am amazed you have any time for yourself at all - you're doing great - even the 5 minutes is great and you should be proud you can find time for that! Hope it all goes well this week :D How did it go with your family members after they had not seen you in a while?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Busy busy busy! How do you fit it all in? I hope all the viewings went well today and you find a great place for you and Eric to move into and you enjoy spending some time with your relatives.

When do you start studying and what course are you taking? I miss study. I tried study and full time work but it was too much - I had to travel a lot this time last year and would've missed too many classes.

enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby mumnbub » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:49 pm

Ok, so its been a long day but I will get to that, first let me get to my diet.

b- diet shake, 1 sl soy lin toast with vegimite- got a phone call once i put on nob of butter on the toast so when i got back that nob was melted all in one spot! so probably a bit more buttery then normal lol

s- sausage roll and a V - was on my way to toowoomba and needed something, the other choice was maccas but their line was too long lol

l - one salmon and avo sushi roll and one chicken and avo sushi roll- they put mayo on theirs so did not enjoy it as much as I normally do

d - am about to have my last frozen pasta free lasagne

Yay just one coffee again today! Just a pitty I had that sausage roll but there really was not any real options, the BP has the maccas attached to it so I could have lined up but would have gotten something equally bad. I am supposed to be having the shakes for lunch as well but was out with family so had sushi instead.

So... my exhusting day. Was up late last night trying to find my wallet that Eric hid on me- had not found it before going to bed so was up at 5am to get ready and find it. Eventually I found it in a planter box that runs around the front veranha- thanks Eric!

Left home at 6:20 to drop Eric off at my sisters- it was a really quick drop off, bags out, here is Eric see you later I'm gone lol- poor kid did not have time to realise I was gone.

I had a good drive there but almost had an accident going up the range, come around a bend in the left hand lane and all of a sudden there was a truck! it had stopped in the left lane and was bent slightly onto the right lane, so had to really quickly break without doing it too quickly as there was a guy right behind me, and had to change lanes and break even more so I could safetly get around the truck. I honestly thought I would not break quick enough but thankfully it was uphill so gravety was on my side.

So I get there safetly and head around to grab the paper before my 9am viewing. Made it there at the same time as the agent so it was great timeing. The first place was not too bad but the house was on stilts so Eric would be constantly crawling under the house- so did not bother with that one.

Went to have coffee with my brother and sister in law for an hour. While there I rang an agent about a unit I was going to drive past as they did not have any appointments until Wednesday- I rang at the right time as the owner had just picked up the keys to head around there. They checked with him and he agreed to meet me there to show me through. The unit was great, a bit small but would manage, the yard is fantastic! Is a duplex with the yard seperate so its a very good size yard with a high fence around it. It would be ok for the 2 of us, would prefer more room inside but thats life- its cheap! I would save $70 a fortnight on rent by living there.

So after chatting with the owner and making an impression I went around and handed in the application. Had a chat with the agents as well- I would say this was looks positive.

Had some time then so went around to my grandmothers place- she had a tear in her eyes when she saw how good I was looking- she was so shocked and gave me a big hug, I felt so proud of myself. was there for about 5min before my aunt who I have not seen since Eric was 5ish months old. After asking where Eric was lol she mentioned how good I was looking, as did my cousin. I was feeling really great at that stage. We then all went over to my uncles new unit- he wont officially be moving in yet but he was looking so good, he was really overweight but has lost sooo much and looks so much healthier. We all then went out to lunch to meet up with my other aunt and another cousin who is pregnant. And yes, I got more compliments :) My cousin also offered to have a look in her wardrobe to see if she has winter jackets to give me- hand me downs from her is a compliment in itself, she is (or at least was before the ballon belly set in) a stick figure! Now she looks like a stick figure with a basket ball tucked under her dress- just a perfect little ball, so jelouse lol.

Anyway, had to leave them early to go check out another unit. This one was nicer and suited me more inside but the yard was small- had enough room for Erics swing and play gym but anything else and it would look cramped- could live with it though. It was a bit more $$ but still less then I am paying now. So Put an application in on that one as well.

If I was to be offered both units I honestly dont know which one I would chose! Do I go for cheaper rent and great backyard or larger inside and more modern? Lets just hope I am only offered one of them- will take it whichever it is. Or I might be unlucky and not get either which means I would have to have another day In toowoomba looking.

Anyway, left there about 2:15ish and headed home. Was booked to see anothe house at 4pm but decided to cancel as it was slightly over budget and had 10 people on the agents list to view it so decided there was no point in me waiting around for an extra 2 hours.

On my drive home I was making plans for my free evening. I had decided that I would head around the the bowls club for a meal and a drink and just walk home when ready. My other option was come home and soak in the bath for ages, or do a bit of scrapbooking, or study or the last option was a sleep! I was exhausted.

I got home and sat on the couch and thought about my options- guess which one I went for? Whichever your thinking your wrong- In the end I got changed and did my fat burner DVD and sweated my day away- so grose my sweat was dripping off me onto the floor - yuck.

So now I feel more awake and energised. After I finish dinner I will do some study (had shower after the work out).

So despite the sausage roll I think everything else was good enough to cancel that fat out- I actually think there might be a change on the scales- and for once not a bad change lol.

Dont have to pick Eric up till about 8am so will go for a walk and a run in the morning.
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[/url]
mumnbub

Postby mumnbub » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:51 pm

milkyway wrote:When do you start studying and what course are you taking? I miss study. I tried study and full time work but it was too much - I had to travel a lot this time last year and would've missed too many classes.

I start the beggining of March and doing a bachelor of accounting- am really excited about it. I am doing it part time and will find some part time work so hopefully can fit it all in
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[/url]
mumnbub

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:03 pm

That's fantastic, Nick. Best of luck with that. A great skill to have and i'm sure you'll do really well - you sound like such an organised person. I should take notes...

I'm glad you found some promising units. Best of luck with your applications and I hope you get one of them :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:45 am

Good luck with your course, Nick! I'm sure you'll love it. And good on you for doing the fat burning DVD. I'm amazed by how much energy you have!

Both places sound great. I guess it's just a matter of waiting to see if they're both offered to you. In that instance my usual solution is to toss a coin. Many a decision has been made while the coin's in the air. If the coin tells you to go with one unit and you feel disappointed with the result you know to go with the other one!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mumnbub » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:59 pm

At the start of the week I decided to record everything that happend during each day to see a pattern and see if it helps me stay on track. Today is the final day so will see how it all goes in tomorrows weigh in.

so today:

b- t/f shake

b- after walk 1sl soy-lin toast with avo

l- t/f shake

a/t a sort of vegie slice but not a slice, more of a fritter but not cooked in oil

d- a rice dish made with loads of vegies and some chicken

coffee- had 2 so not too bad

Exercise- went for my walk this morning as I did not have Eric so left early. I ended up running a fair bit off it, about 3/4 of the park actually so all up did the walk in just under 35min (original time was 55min) I felt sooo great afterwards, just because i did it in record time.

So the rest of my day. Well was up at 5am despite not having Eric- should mean a sleep in but nope, wanted to go for that walk. Once I got back I started packing up my kitchen stuff and just left the items that belong to my cousin- is enough for me to survive a few more weeks.

About 7am I headed over to pick Eric up from my sisters- dont know why I left so early when we agreed on 8am but kinda missed him lol- it had only been 24hrs.

I did some house work and budgeting while Eric had his morning nap, would have had a workout then but had plans to go out for lunch with a friend but then she sent a message asking if we can do dinner instead, thought that would be great so got some other stuff done before Eric woke up.

In the afternoon I had a guy come around to have a look at the couch- He was impressed I think and said he will put a bid in on it in the last half hour so he has a better chance- I think thats what most people do so will see how it goes then, am still worried it wont get high enough and will be forced to sell it much cheaper than I need to.

After that I had another message from my friend, in the end she had to cancel as her husband was just too sick. I think Its a good thing- I was considering cancelling but avoided it as I wanted an excuse to go out so it worked out great for me.

I might try to get a workout done once Eric goes to bed- have some energy i need to burn off plus with my weigh in tomorrow I want to bring my weight down as much as possible.

So its been pretty much a perfect day- well, all except the 2nd coffee but thats ok, at the time i needed the cafine hit.

So today was a quieter day- not much to report. Lets hope tomorrows post is positve news :)
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Rams75 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:54 am

Nick

I am in awe of what u manage to pack in to a day.

I dont do a great deal apart from work - dont have kids - so have the luxury of working out pretty much when i like.

When i read ur thread I feel like a real wuss.

You are a star.
Rams75

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress