It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

Time to begin again

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Time to begin again

Postby electrongirl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi all!

Well tomorrow I am going to Wal-mart to buy some digital scales and I joined the US version of Calorie King today.

So I am ready to start again. I am REALLY scared to weigh myself for the first time. It's been a while! And there has been alot of bad food in between!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Re: Time to begin again

Postby Freddy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:34 pm

The worst thing is starting all over again. I've had that for about three times. Luckily, when I lost 15kg's and got down to 100, I've never gotten over that weight again. So for the past 5 years I've been weighing between 95 en 100.

What I found is that the dr Cohen diet is pretty efficient. I've lost 8 kg since I started (about 5 weeks ago) and have gotten more energetic. I started eating less, and eating more healthy and with that, started feeling more healthy. I'm pretty confident that I will actually reach my (recently adjusted) goal of 80 kg. Give it a shot, you might find it a good diet :)

One warning though, you might find yourself a bit hungry for the first week. It gets better after that. A lot :)
Freddy

Postby electrongirl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Thanks Freddy. I have been starting and restarting a diet for the past 10 years or so!! I started off at 67.5kg and am now probably over 90kg!!

Oh to be 67kg again!

I can't really go on any really restrictive diets as I have a family to feed and limited finances at the moment. So my plan is basically to eat well and within my calories.

Trust me I know what works for me, I just have problems sticking with it!! And my life tends to be very unstable hence the stopping and starting all the time.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Good luck Nikki! How does the US Calorie King compare to the Aussie one so far? Any major differences aside from the brands of food in the database?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby electrongirl » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:40 am

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Good luck Nikki! How does the US Calorie King compare to the Aussie one so far? Any major differences aside from the brands of food in the database?

I havn't had much of a chance to really suss it out as it requires you to do all your weight etc before you have full access, hence me going to get some scales today!! hehe

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby electrongirl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:55 am

ok I had my official weigh in this morning, 200.6lbs or 91kg.

I have to use both cause the US Calorie King works in pounds.

I have set my goal weight at 65kg or 143lbs.

Wish me luck!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby mumnbub » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:41 am

Hi Nikki, I am sure you will reach your goal, just take it one day at a time. Positive thinking really helps
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Czarina » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Great to see you back on here Nikki! :mrgreen: Hope the ol' US of A is treating you well. I'm with you on Calorie King, it's a great educational lifestyle change that is a lot easier (and healthier) to adhere to than a diet (and a lot easier on the wallet too!).

Good Luck!
Czarina

Postby electrongirl » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:22 am

Me & timing have never gotten along.

My Nanna passed away on Sunday so dieting and food in general are pretty much foreign to me right now.

I am going to wait till after Christmas to really get into this.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Shalimar » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:05 am

Good on you for getting back to it. Good luck :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:24 am

Hi Nikki,

I have really enjoyed reading your previous posts! I have found your advice to others to be welcome, sensible, kind and sound. Welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear your Nanna passed away. The loss of a loved one is the single most difficult challenge we face in life I think. I understand having recently endured this also. What I find comforting at the moment is that they may be physically gone but they never really leave us, they are always in our heart and mind - always with us! The love we shared with them never leaves us! Give yourself time to grieve, time to be sad and time to recover. It's a good time to draw closer to your family and friends.

Whilst I don't think its a good idea to get carried away with comfort eating (I am a shocking comfort eater - the worst!) because predominately I don't think there is any comfort to be gained (quite the opposite really) I equally think you shouldn't be beating yourself up about any previous weight gain. Look after yourself, eat healthily if you can manage it but just get through this period as best you can and refocus when you're on the other side - and you will get there!

Good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll get there - you have all the right tools and a most sensible approach. Look forward to seeing you 'round :D

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby electrongirl » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks so much Alexandra.

I'm not so much comfort eating as I am eating food prepared by other people eg: family etc. So I have no real control over what goes in it. And they are doing it out of pure love and support so I am not about to tell them its not great for my diet!!

Also with Christmas coming up and about 4 different dinners with family its just easier to wait till that's all over.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:35 am

Sorry to hear about your Nanna. My thoughts are with you and your family.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi Nikki - it's great to see you back (you and me are the redux twins at the moment!) but I'm so sorry to hear about your Nanna passing :( Hope you've got tonnes of support around you and you aren't feeling too homesick.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Personal Progress