It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:57 am

Free Newsletter

How how how to be determined enough???

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

How how how to be determined enough???

Postby brahms » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:47 am

Everytime I try to start losing weight I can do it max 1 day :( And then I just give up because I get all depressed etcetc.. How the hell do you guys do it?! help please!

Re: How how how to be determined enough???

Postby brahms » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:48 am

So anyway. Starting today, I am going to get a hold of myself and will start off by not eating after 6.

Postby mumnbub » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:47 am

Set yourself small weekly challenges, dont try and change EVERYTHING in one day or you will be overwealmed. Eg: week one, reduce portion sizes, week 2, eat more veggies, week 3 start exercise program (just throwing things in, think of whats easiest to change and do that first).
Try not to worry to muh about losing great amounts in the first few weeks, just concentrait on making changes and then slowly as you make more and more changes you will start losing the weight and it wont seem so hard.

Set yourself some small goals, tell yourself you just need to lose 5kg which is not that much weight, when you reach it you can be proud of yourself for getting there and be enthusiastic about losing the next 5kg.

Out of interest, how much do you want to lose? Am sure that no matter how much or how little you will reach your goal. Just tell yourself a hundred times a day that you can and will do it.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

Postby Alexandra » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:59 am

It's all up to you - only you can want it enough. You have to look at yourself and your motives. Why do you want to lose weight? Is it for someone else? Is it to impress someone else? Is it to satisfy a parent? a nagging person? Is it to steal the perfect partner? Or is it to be happy within yourself, to make yourself happy, to reach your own goals, be healthier, live longer, fit your own clothes better, to feel happy about yourself, better confidence, better job, or to improve your life overall? You have to want it for yourself and want it badly. You have to decide to do it, whatever it takes. That is step one and I am sure you have what it takes. Other steps require education and support of which you will find plenty here and from other resources too. Good luck and best wishes. Alexandra.

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg

Postby electrongirl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:17 pm

I totally agree with what the others have said.

You have to be 100% ready to start otherwise you will fail. Simple as that. You need to commit to this like you would any serious lifestyle change.

Make it something that is NOT negotiable. People allow time to sleep, eat, work etc. You need to give this the same priority.

Then once you are committed make small goals. Don't think "Oh gosh I have X amount to lose, its going to take forever!!" Instead tell yourself "Ok I will aim to lose 2kg this month" Then the same the next month. Work out a list of rewards for each goal. Maybe a manicure or a haircut or a new pair of shoes etc. DO NOT reward yourself with food.

Food shouldn't be treated as a reward.

And if your feeling defeated come on here and look at the success stories!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Return to Personal Progress