It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Deb's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Deb's Progress

Postby deb35 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:13 am

Hello Everyone,

Decided i would start my own progress sheet to help keep me accountable. Tomorrow is my first week weigh in, and i'm looking forward to it. This week, i have decided that I am not on a DIET and will never be on a diet ever again. This is a lifestyle change. I have been on various 'diets' before, and of course it's the same old story....feel restricted and then binge (in a HUGE way). Then fall off the wagon altogether and put it all back on.

So, for the past seven days, i have been getting up at 5.15am and excercising for 45 - 60 minutes. I've set up a bit of a 'circuit' in the shed, where i have an elliptical trainer, rowing machine and a fit ball. I've been incorporating at least 20 minutes of 'interval' training in each morning, and the remainder of the time is a mix of rowing, squats, crunches etc. Every evening after tea i've been heading to the beach for a 45 - 60 minute fast pace walk.

My diet has been basically
Breakfast: All Bran with skim milk
Lunch: Tuna or chicken with green salad
Tea: Lean meat/chicken or fish with salad or steamed veg.

I've also been eating my meals on smaller plates.

Everytime i feel like a snack, i've had a big drink of water and waited 5 minutes, to find that i'm not actually hungry anymore.

I have missed one day of excercise, which was yesterday - and that was under medical advise as i have stiches and they advised me not to excercise yet. I might see how i feel later today, and try and fit in some excercise, just not so strenuous.

I'm looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow - which is a change from the norm!!!

Re: Deb's Progress

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:30 am

Wow. You're certainly motivated - good on you! I'd listen to the doctor about not exercising with stitches, though. It's better to recover fully and then get back into the exercise rather than risk popping your stitches! Talk to your doctor about what you can do safely at the moment. I understand that you're keen to jump right in, but even if you stick to gentle walking combined with eating right you should still lose weight.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Return to Personal Progress