It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Free Newsletter

milkyway redux

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: milkyway redux

Postby milkyway » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:30 pm

I fell off the planet there for a little while - things have been hectic.

Right now I am recovering from completing the 100km Trailwalker in 20:47.

So my body is spent, I am in a fair amount of pain whenever I move, but I did it!!! The full 100km. Unfortunately one of my team mates had to drop out at the 63km which really upset me - I so wanted the 4 of us to complete it together :( But it felt so good to be the chubby girl mowing down the boys through during the later stages of the event :mrgreen:

Perfect conditions during the day but oh boy did it get cold overnight. I could feel the temperature dropping - it was like walking in a fridge.

Haven't been weighing myself lately because my weight fluctuates so much and I psychologically didn't want to start the event thinking I was closer to 70kg than 68kg - silly I know :P :oops:

I might wait a few days before I do an official weigh in because after an event this where, it will take a few days for my body to settle down as it recovers and I continue to rehydrate.

I've hardly slept, either. I think I wake myself up everytime I move. I think I've only slept about 6 hours (2 x 3 hour naps) with lots of waking up in between. Hope I get a decent sleep tonight.

Wish me a speedy recovery... I'm off to Thailand on Wed night. Yay!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Congratulations, San. That's a massive achievement! I hope recover quickly and have a great time in Thailand. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shalimar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:11 am

Well done milky :D I hope the recovery is speedy and you have a great trip.

Well done again.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby kelvinator » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Wow- Wonderwoman!
Congratulations on making it through. Psychology is so interesting-I know what you mean by not wanting to think how much you weigh, this week all I wanted was to stay under 65kg.

Have a wonderful time in Thailand and be safe.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling pretty good today and am very hopeful that I'll be even better tomorrow and ready to take the dogs for a gentle spin around the block.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby candycane » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:01 am

Wow you are amazing. Well done, i hope you enjoy your time in Thailand :) let us know how your weigh in goes x
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby milkyway » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:26 pm

I'm glad I didn't weigh in pre event cos yesterday morning I was 70.3kg. But I'm OK with that cos my body has been going through some weird things - like carbo loading before the event, running and walking 100km and followed by recovery. I am just loving my body for getting me through that 100km - so much more important than what the scales say, right? :) If I can do that, I reckon I do ANYTHING!!! :D

Shipping out tomorrow night. Can't wait x
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Alexandra » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Oh Milky, I didn't get in here in time to wish you a great and safe trip! I also didn't get in here to say WOW, you are AWESOME! Well done on your fantastic achievement, I am so proud of you. 100 km. So now instead of going half way to the gold coast (from brissy) you ran from brisbane to the border this time! OHMIGOSH! *bows to the master* *after falling off the chair* I get so much inspiration from you. I hope your body recovered quickly and you have a fantastic time away, lovely lady
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby milkyway » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Hey all, got back from my holiday yesterday. It was 10 nights of tropical bliss. I am feeling very relaxed.

I've put on about a kilo since I did trailwalker - I'm sure it will come off quite quickly. Not bad considering all the food and drink consumed. But we swam in the beach and pool for hours every day and walked everywhere, so I'm sure that counted for something. Better update my signature.

I went for my first proper run this morning since Trailwalker and it was a very slow 3km plod. Might have been because it was quite warm this morning - I didn't go until 9am (still on hols).

Back to work tomorrow. Oh well - the break was great and I'm feeling quite refreshed.

Hope you've all had some good losses during my absence.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time. It sounds like your holiday was marvelous.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:08 pm

Hey darl,

I'm glad you had such a good time away :) i need to get back into the swing of things. I always struggle with the between 70 and 75 kilo range. And i want to be under 70! I know the weight isn't so important but it is a process. How is your diet and regular exercise going?

I suck at running! i need to get into it though. I need extra time!!!!! :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby milkyway » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi CC :) Diet is going well since I've been back home and now that I'm in control of the cooking again. I started drinking pepsi max again the last month or so but I've stopped that today now that I'm back at work. Eating lots of veggies, veggie soup and lean meat. I'm sure I'll be over that bleugh pad thai overdose in no time.

But I am planning to have a few drinks this weekend and that will be it until mid-late may.

Slowly getting back into the exercise. I have a sore heel from where the pedicurist took a big gouge out of it :( Ouch! And my Trailwalker blisters on my other heel are still a bit tender. And I have sore hips from Trailwalker. I ran 3km yesterday and walked about 2.5km, so that was good. Today I just had my walk to and from walk. I was going to walk the dogs this morning but the wind was so strong I thought the roof was going to blow off and it was pouring down with rain. The pooches wouldn't even come out of their cubby house :lol:

I really want to run a marathon this year and it's really important for me to lose weight so that I won't injure myself again during training. That's what's driving me at the moment. I need to start training around July, so I've got roughly three months to get down into the low sixties before I ramp up the mileage. Argh!!!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Amethyst » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:24 pm

Wow amazing distances Milkyway. Keep at it. Once you're whole again maybe.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Alexandra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:09 am

Glad to see you're back Milky. The trip sounds like just want the doctor ordered to recharge. Best of luck easing back into your training regime with the lowest stress to your body and maximum impact where you want it :wink: Best wishes, Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby milkyway » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 pm

I've just had an evil day.

Yesterday I had cheesecake in the afternoon at work - a colleague finished up yesterday and then we had pizza and beer at work (I had two of each) and then we kicked on at the local pub and I had 3 or 4 wines (skipped a few shouts though, didn't want to keep up with the boys again or I'd be in a bad way today...) and ordered some nachos and wedges to share cos I knew I needed something in my belly to help with the alcohol absorption and make my hangover as minimal as possible.

Got home after midnight, feeling not too bad today, which is a good thing because I'm hosting a dinner party tonight for 9 people. There will be more cheesecake - I made a lemon one on Thursday night. Yum yum...

I'll be back into my training regime next week. Can't wait. Only 4 weeks to go until the Great Ocean Road Half Marathon.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress