It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Free Newsletter

milkyway redux

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: milkyway redux

Postby milkyway » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Hair is much the same before, just a bit lighter. I'm the only girl in my area now since the pre Christmas cull and quite a few of the boys noticed the hair and saw fit to comment, which was pretty funny when you're the 'honorary bloke'. My hair is naturally dark blonde. I used to be really blonde growing up and as a teenager so the colour suits my skin tone etc and looks quite natural, but it's quite dark underneath so I only get a half head of foils done which gives it an interesting contrast. Because my hair is thin, but I have a lot of it, I have to have layers. It's about shoulder length now - I'm growing out the much shorter style i had last year.

I'm having a sick day today. I struggled with a severe headache yesterday, the kind that makes you feel sick, lose your apetite and over the counter painkillers don't do anything for. It's not a migraine - light and noise are OK. I think it's a combination of stress, lack of sleep and over-exertion. So I've had a lovely lie in today, I'll finish the second book in the "Twilight" series, mum mum is making a roast dinner, my husband is at a friend's house and will be working until midnight so I have the house to myself - noice!

It was so horrible waking up on Sunday morning and finding out that 35 had been killed by the fires. This morning the tally is over 170 and still climbing :(

On Saturday the fires were an inconvenience because we had to change our hiking plans for Sunday and we went for a safe 3hr run/walk instead far from the fires. I went to bed Sat night not knowing the full horror that lay ahead. How insignificant was my inconvenience compared to the death and destruction the fires have caused?! So sad :(
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:46 pm

I feel the same when I complain about my problems right now. My family is safe, my home is still standing, and thousands of Victorians would envy me that at the moment. It really puts everything into perspective doesn't it?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 pm

It sure does Ali.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Alexandra » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 pm

Yes, it does :cry:

Hope you're feeling better soon too!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby milkyway » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Yeah, feeling much better today.

Bought some new runners - I'm giving the Brooks Trance a go. I've been an Asics girl for years but I've had some problems with the last couple of pairs so I'll give the new brand a whirl. Cos I haven't been 100% I've not been running since Sunday, but I'll get out there tomorrow morning.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:11 pm

I love Brooks running shoes. My first pair were great. Can't remember what type they were. But the last time I went shopping for some they didn't have the same ones (I HATE how shoe companies keep discontinuing lines!). So I got some Brooks Ariels instead. They really don't have the cushioning of my first pair, though, so they've never been as comfortable.

I hope the Brooks Trance work out for you. I've been thinking of getting some Loco running shoes next time. Mainly because they're a hell of a lot cheaper than Brooks. I'm not sure how great their cushioning is though. Let us know how your new shoes feel when you take them for a spin!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:24 pm

I haven't tested out my new Brooks yet. I slept an extra hour AGAIN today. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Ali - I bought my Brooks from the Brooks outlet in Smith St Collingwood. The 2009 Trance model retails for $260 but I got last year's model for $170 :D

I've been allowing a bit of chocolate and sugar back into my diet. I don't know if that's what's making me so lethargic at the moment - a kind of sugar hangover? Anyway, back on the no sugar band wagon and I'll see if my 'condition' improves.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Alexandra » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Gosh, the shoes all the cool kids are getting are that expensive :shock: *remembers why I'm not cool and I'm old* oh well, maybe its back to the puma's for me after all :roll:

Gee milky, you're tough on yourself, aren't you? I'm not a sweet tooth person, so I can't comment (although I do need 2 sugars in my coffee :?: :oops: ) but I don't crave chocolate, lollies cake etc and go ages (maybe months) without. Potato chips on the other hand, could eat them everyday, and there's no such thing as just one. So I do understand, I have to go cold turkey on them - not due to the physical side of things, just the "can't stop" addicted problem I have :oops:

Maybe you are just run down and/or not feeling well, TTOM or some other kind of stress (work stress). Ok, I'm clutching at straws but don't throw away all of life's pleasures forever - don't forget to strike that balance (I still enjoy a serve of bacon and eggs sometimes, I get my salty savoury fix that's not addictive :wink: )

Alexandra

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:02 pm

I fell off the wagon last night and drank a whole bottle of sav blanc! But I'm glad I did it. When I woke up this morning I remembered how over feeling crap I was. I don't want to do it again in a hurry. Cutting alcohol out of my diet really makes me feel so much better (duh!). I also don't sleep well after drinking (I wake up heaps) and I had a few tummy aches today...

How smokey is it in Melbourne today? I can actually smell the bushfire smoke and I'm miles away from any blazes.

I weighed in 100gm heavier this week - I'm not bothered by it at all. I seem to lose weight on a fortnightly basis. My weight this week is 70.5kg. Hopefully I'll be in the sixties next week :D

I have done hardly any exercise all week because I was feeling so lethargic. I've cut sugar out of my diet again to see if that improves things. I won't know until I'm recovered from last night's wine binge! I've been eating well today. I can't believe I just cooked corn on the cob to eat as a snack! So unlike me :P

I am planning on going for a long slow run tomorrow morning. I'd better not sleep in or it will be too hot. My usual training partners are all busy this weekend, so it'll just be me. But it's nice to not have to get up at 6:30am on a Sunday for a change.

I measured the distance I walk to and from work and the station and home each day using my GPS watch. It's 3.4km. That's a good bit of incidental exercise I'm getting each day and no wonder I get sore feet if I do it in heels :lol: I usually wear sneakers by occassionally I end up in heels or inappropriate footwear.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby mumnbub » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:47 pm

you might be retaining a bit of fluid after your drink last night so that might explain the slight weight increase so dont worry about it, am sure you will have a great week and next weigh in will be fantastic
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks Nick! My water % reading was slightly higher than usual this morning so you're probably right - it's probably just a bit of extra water weight. Nothing to worry about.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Scales read 69.6kg this morning after my run but also after drinking a big glass of water. My water level is back down to normal levels. I'll be rapt if I can get down to 69.3kg by Thursday then I'll have lost 5kgs so far this year.

I ran about 7km this morning and walked a further 3.5km. I took the younger dog on the run with me so it was a bit stop start - we have to stop at every road crossing, make her sit and stay until I say go... then she wanted to take a few dips in the river and tried to get adopted into another family with two dogs... when I got home I took the old boy out for a 2.2km spin around the block. He's so much easier to walk than the pup cos he's a dream on a leash. At least I could let the pup off leash for half the run.

Going out for vegetarian chinese tonight. Since we bought our house and are trying to save as much as possible, we're hardly eating out anymore and I'm getting right into cooking. I don't mind cooking when I've got the time, but I hate getting home late from work and having to cook on top of everything else. But it's fine on the weekends. I also like to prepare ahead for the week - today I'll cook chicken drumsticks, bolognaise sauce and a bean salad and maybe some curried lentils. Yummm. If I cook food I can eat for lunch, I find I'm less inclined to eat crap at work. Weightloss is all about being organised which sadly I'm not, but I'm trying really hard!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:11 pm

Sounds good! Keep trying - cooking up a feast to last the week is a great idea :) I'm not working much this week and Joel is back at uni, so hopefully between us we will manage to cook! It is much better having food with you though - much easier to say no to unhealthy foods at lunchtime if you have a backup!
Mandie

Postby Alexandra » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:36 am

How do you walk 3.4 km in heels....and a work outfit with hair and makeup? See, I would be a mess - all hot and sweaty and stinky :D I can't do the walk to walk thing. My bus used to drop me right outside :oops: Sounds like you are still killing it with the exercise, Milky - you really inspire me to get moving! :D

And another thing...there is so much I don't know...you can measure water weight % *wonders* :oops:

Alexandra

Postby milkyway » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:27 pm

how do I walk 3.4km in heels? quite badly :lol:

Today I weighed in at 70.2kg which is 300gm down from last week but up 600gm from where I was last weekend - my water reading is quite high again - the highest it's ever been at 50.9%. Last weekend it was 50.1% which is what it usually is. Not sure why I'm retaining more water - I'm not drinking any more than usual, haven't increased my salt intake and it's not TTOTM. Oh well, I'm sure it'll sort itself out.

Alexandra - my scales, based on my height, calculates my weight, %fat and water weight. Not sure how it doesn't, something about an electrical charge (which I can't feel).

I've run 3 times so far this week. Have a long walk/run planned for Saturday with my training partners - we want cover marathon distance - 42km :o

Wish me luck... :P

Made a delish chicken and sweet corn soup tonight. It's a HUGE pot so I'll have to give some away to my parents. There's no way we could eat all that.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress