It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:45 am

Free Newsletter

SlimRight Day 1 Diet

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

SlimRight Day 1 Diet

Postby superstar09 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:30 pm

Hey everyone!! :D

Starting weight: 101kg

Basically i have tried every diet in the world and nothing has ever worked!! Yesterday i went to coles and was looking at different Shakes to try, when a lady came up to me and was looking at some and told me she is on the SlimRight shakes and went down one dress size in 3 weeks just of the shakes.. so i thought wow i have to try it!!

I must say the Shakes TASTE AWSOME!!! ( i have tasted a few shakes and have never liked them but these taste like real chocolate milkshakes)!!

So I have bought SlimRight Chocolate Shake and The biggest loser snack bars and i am plannig to Replace two meals a day with the shake

Today was Day 1 and i have gone realy wel!!

Breakfeast: SlimRight shake with Water
Lunch: Ham Salad + bannana
Dinner: SlimRight Shake with Milk ( i thought maybe Milk will feel me up more for night)

so im feeling great and not feeling hungry at all!! Im off to do some Exercise now and ill keep writing how im going and if this wil help me lose weight... il soon find out!!

So id Love to hear what people think so leave some commets :)

Bye for now!
superstar09

Re: SlimRight Day 1 Diet

Postby superstar09 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:38 pm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0i4t0c/]
[/url]
superstar09

Postby Gordz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:32 pm

consistancy is the key with meal replacement shakes. you gotta stay on them while you work. no days off here and there
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby superstar09 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:41 pm

yeah i defintly agree!

Wel the last two days i have been completly strict with myself and follow it really well im so proud yay! :D

So Today: I found it a little hard but did not break it at a had my shake for breaky and just about to have my shake for dinner.. i got pretty hungry today but bcos i was working all day i just ignored the feeling!

Everytime i get hungry i jut keep sayig to myself i can do it! and keep thinking wat il look like when i lose the weight...

like today my manager gave me a chocolate and i didnt eat it and left it up stairs.. bcos even tho it was something little i wasnt going to give in and i didnt wahoo....

So im not really looking forward to the weeked... because everytime the weekend comes i always break my diets i really hope i dont this time.. anyone have any ideas what extra thing i can do not to break it?

Anyways i know i can do this and i will!!!

Il post soon!
superstar09

Postby Gordz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:16 am

awesome kiddo. well done resisting the urges! I drove past 4 maccas tonight... didn't stop once :D but christ i miss fries.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Czarina » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:13 am

I find the easiest way not to break a diet, is not to start one in the first place. It took me a while, but I finally realised that a 'diet' is never going to be sustainable in the long term, therefore will not work. You don't have to starve yourself and feel hungry all the time to lose weight, I used to think that you had to, I did silly things to lose weight and it never stuck. Now I'm counting calories, eating lots of good food, walking and I feel great and have lost a lot of weight. It has honestly been one of the easiest things I have ever done and I haven't been tempted to go back to my old ways, of course you have slip-ups, but they are nowhere near as bad as they would be if you restrict yourself too much.

I'm not having a go, I would've been doing the same things a couple of years ago and it was because I didn't know any better. Weight loss is all about education, I have nothing against using shakes for a quick easy breakfast or snack if you're short on time, I do that myself on the odd occasion, but it's just not necessary in the long term.
Czarina

Postby superstar09 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Thanks for your advice i think its great and i do think your Right.. and i probably will do that.... bcos thts right you cant lose weight long term by doing the whole shake thing it wont work cos obviously your body will get hungry and just stuff your face..

Ive donepretty well lately... il see how the weekend goes hmm im tossing up between if i should do the shakes or if should do the whole Eat nothing but protein and salads... my friend lost about 15kilos of that

So anyways i hope i go well over the weekend and decide wat il b doing
superstar09

Postby Czarina » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Maybe you should check out the Calorie King Australia website. It has lots of information on food and nutrition, and if you enter your stats, you can get a profile made up to show you how much you should be eating to lose weight. It will even plan a menu for you if you want. I love Calorie King (as do a lot of other people on this forum) and would not be where I am right now without it! The best thing is - it's free! :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby hippy_chick » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:47 am

Hi ya,

I'm going to post something a little different than the other posts. Forgive me for saying this but I'm really worried about your approach with the shakes and there's no way in the world you're eating enough at the moment. No way at all! Two shakes a day and a ham salad is starving yourself. What you'll actually be doing by dropping your calorie intake so low is losing muscle and storing fat. Your body will be going into famine mode because it thinks there is no food - you may lose a lot of weight at first but it will be water and lean muscle tissue. Your body will start converting every single thing you put into your body into fat, and after initial weight loss (water and muscle) you'll stop losing weight - you won't be able to decrease what you're eating because you're already eating so so little.

I can't stress how much it hurts my eyes to read how you pushed through your hunger! No no no no!!! You should NOT be going hungry at ALL, at any stage in your diet. Sorry if it sounds like I am yelling there - I've just become really passionate about dieting the healthy way recently after spending a solid 3 weeks on the net reading reading reading and cross checking a LOT of information.

I've written a lot of this info down in the second last post of my Personal Progress journal on here, and have included a lot of the links there. I am just writing this because I want you to know that dieting does not have to be hard work at all, in fact, it's actually a really pleasurable experience when you're doing it right because you have the benefit of knowing your body is LOVING what you're giving it, you're full of energy and you know that your results will be lasting.

Shakes are ok - but a diet shake is ONE of my 5-6 meals a day, if I feel like having one, which is probably once or twice a week, and a shake is a treat for me, because they are quite sweet. I put berries and natural yoghurt in them to settle down the sweetness to avoid the insulin spike.

Anyway just so you know where I'm comign from, I started my diet on the 20th December at 71 Kg and today 30 Jan, I weighed in at 68.1Kg, so losing at a slow and healthy pace.

Hope you have some time to check out my last two posts (ignore the others, they were written when I was more naive!) and leave me a message if you want some more info.
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Postby hippy_chick » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:55 am

P.S. Well done for starting your weight loss - I apologize if my post comes off a little strong, it's just I really do think you could be a lot better off on a healthier track, with no hunger :) You gotta admit, that does sound better than fending off food all day!
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Postby mumnbub » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:42 pm

I agree with happy-chick - starving yourself does not help with weight loss. If you want to use shakes then I would suggest having a high protein breakfast, make it thebulk of your caleries, then a shake for lunch then dinner some lovely fresh veggies and some grilled meat, if you need to snack then dont ignore the hunger, have foods handy that will fill you up but low in caleries/fat/suger.

Its best to start off on a healthy eating plan, you have the desire to do this but dont seem to really know what to do. Maybe check out calorieking.com.au which once you have completed a profile will go through how many calories you should be eating and will even give you some menu ideas- you can add your shake to it as one of the meals and will calculate it.

Good luck with your lifestyle change- remember this is a lifelong change your making
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Return to Personal Progress