It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:22 am

Free Newsletter

Warriorsgirl's Story

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Warriorsgirl's Story

Postby milkyway » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Hey WG - like Alexandra says, avoid weighing in at night cos you're usually a lot heavier then than you are in the morning and if you weigh yourself at different times of the day you're likely to get different results each time. Weighing in in the morning is better for the self esteem :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby warriorsgirl » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:13 am

I have been weighing in every Monday morning, so I will make sure that becomes a habit and only take notice of that weight recorded.

Although still no change, at 94kg still... 2 weeks in a row now! :(
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:48 pm

I try to weigh myself the day before and the day after my 'official' weigh in day. I find that fluid retention can make my weight fluctuate as much as a kilo in one day, so by weighing myself over a couple of days I can see what the lowest weight is and assume that's my actual weight. I find it's no good weighing yourself once per week if that one day can be a kilo out!

If it's been hot where you are, or if it's around TTOTM, it's likely you're retaining water. Don't worry about it. It'll come off as soon as circumstances change.

If you don't think it's fluid retention and you believe you've hit a plateau you might want to read the article links on this page which have great tips about kick-starting your weight-loss again.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby warriorsgirl » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 am

Ok... So I've hit a snag...
Im not really pushing myself at the moment, and Im disappointed in myself, but still can't get up the strenght to do something about it!

I've got my flatmate to take some horrible pictures of me...
Really, really bad ones.
And, Im hoping that this is motivation in it's self.

I'll blow up the pics, just a bit, and then stick them on my mirror, because I look in2 that everyday!
I've also written out a whole heap of points as to why I want to loose the weight, and what I will be able to do when I don't have the strain on my body anymore.

Next step is to try and get Mum and Sister in on it.
Meaning once I've reached my goal... Im thinking of a girl's weekend in Melbourne...

So get ur arse into gear girl!!!
warriorsgirl

Postby kelvinator » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:55 am

Sounds like a good plan you have there-Melbourne would be wonderful- (maybe not now in the heat though :shock: )
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Im getting bak on the wagon...
Only had a loss of 500g last week...
Had a good wkend, altho food wise, mite have not been the best.
At least I didnt drink.
But good have got more sleep (*yawns*)
No gym today... But bak at waking up at 5.30am tomorrow.
warriorsgirl

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Forgot to mention....

I didnt reach my first goal :(
But I've been on this program for 8weeks, and have still managed to loose 8kg.
So Im thinking that even tho I didnt make the first goal, I am still on track.

Mayb just cut dwn on my new favourite dish...
Thai rice noodles and BBQ pork :P
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Don't worry about missing your goal. After all, your body will lose weight at a rate that's appropriate to you. It might be slower than you want, but as long as you're losing at a rate that is healthy for you it's not a problem. It's taken me years but I've adjusted my expectations. I rarely lose more than 300g per week so I've learned to be happy with that. Celebrating small losses does much more for your self confidence that beating yourself up over the same amount!

With that same line of thinking, would it be better to stick up goal pictures on your mirror instead of 'fat' pictures that punish you? Some diet 'experts' say the subconscious is like a child. If you say "Don't touch that cake" the only thing they hear is "cake". Similarly, if you stick up fat pictures it's going to communicate directly to your brain that you are fat. Convincing your subconscious mind that you're fat would be counter-productive. It will see that as your normal body image and stick to the habits that caused you to gain weight in the first place. If you wanted to do really well in an exam you wouldn't stick up notes around your house saying "Stupid", "Idiot" or "You are really dumb". Similarly putting up fat pictures isn't the way to make you feel good about weight-loss. You need self-love and encouragement, not punishment!

Many different weight loss programs use visualisation to reprogram the brain into healthier habits. Part of that is using pictures of how you want to look, not how you did look or how you look now. That way it convinces your subconscious that this thinner body is the normal way to be, and it becomes easier to adopt thin habits as a result.

I think it's great that you took some 'before' pictures. My advice would be to put them away and don't look at them until you've lost another few kilos. Only look at them when you know you can see a difference and celebrate your achievements.

You really are doing brilliantly. Good luck for the next week!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Oh, and I should have pointed out: you didn't miss a goal, you missed a date. You're still going to hit your target, it's just the deadline that's going to shift! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:30 pm

HAHA, thanks EWQ... you've put it in perspective!!!

I havn't yet put up the pics, but I understand what you are saying.
I may pick up a celeb mag this arvy, and get sum ideas there.

Thanks for the advice!!!
Brilliant!!! :D
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:41 pm

No worries! I printed off a picture I found on the internet of Miranda Kerr in a bikini for my visualisation. Hell, if I'm going to be visualising a new body I might as well visualise a bloody good one! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby warriorsgirl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:08 am

OK... this post doesn't really have anything to do with weight loss, well mayb just a lil'

I met this guy "Bob" a while ago, probs around this time last year.
Anyway we talked for a while, and we went out a few times, then it kinda just went in2 thin air.
Probs cuz I was afta this otha guy "Harry"...
Well anyway... Bob called me on the wkend, and I ended up spending the whole wkend wif him, and we had, well I had a great time! And it was the first time that I hadn't compared a boy to "Harry", so I definatley think that that's a good sign...

Well now... Im worried, I over analyse and think about this shite way too much...
LOL, I want him to like me, and want to hang out wif me and stuff...
But I fear that Im going to do my normal thing, and get involved wif him way to early on and then just totally ruin wateva it is that we might hav... See Im doing it now... thinking way to far ahead of myself and wat hasn't already happened...

Gosh, I seriously dnt knw wat to do... It's hard like to think yer I met this dude and we went alrite and now that Im not wif him I can't stop thiking about wen I will see him again and if something more will happen...

Sorry everyone, I just need to vent, and mayb get a few opinions...
Not sure what I've just wrote, could all be crap.

P.S. I still havnt made it to the gym this week :(
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:18 am

Haha! I know what you mean. When EWK and I first started getting involved together I was fretting like no-one's business about every single minutiae of the relationship!

Just relax. If he spent the weekend with you chances are he likes you too. Don't act too needy, but don't act too hard-to-get. Just go with the flow! Treat this time as a chance to get to know him as a person. And above all, enjoy yourself! The first few weeks can sometimes be the most exciting time of a relationship, so have fun and don't make yourself ill with nerves!

Good luck! :mrgreen:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby warriorsgirl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:49 pm

OK WTF...
Wat am I doing to myself... I can not get bak on track and ruining everything that I have done...

:cry:
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:05 pm

That's okay. Take a deep breath and tell us exactly what's going wrong. Is it that you're not feeling like exercising? Do you think you're eating too much? Are you not eating enough high nutrient, healthy foods? Or too many empty calories?

We're here to support you through this!
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress