It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Chubby-no-mores progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Chubby-no-mores progress

Postby chubby-no-more » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:24 pm

I am hoping that through using the forum I will be more sucessful at sticking to my plan. I feel that I have added motivation through wanting to be healthy for my daughter (shes 4 months old and my whole life) I have the support of my husband and my family and friends and am hoping that the use of the forum will give me added support and motivation.
Hi all,
I am currently 106.1 kg (on Sat, i'm hoping it would be less now, but am resisting the urge to jump on the scales every 2 seconds) I have decided to do the Kate Morgan shakes until I have lost 11 kilos which is 10% body weight loss. Once I have done that I will switch to healthy eating and exwecise but I wanted to have a kickstart which will enable me some quickish results.

I have lost weight before and kept it off, but I got complacent and the weight crept back on. This time I understand that my lifestlye needs to change for good and not just be a quick change.

I will be posting quite regularly as I feel that through posting my feelings and progress that I will be able to remain motivated.

Wish me luck!!! I wish you all luck with all of your weight loss and hope that we can be a positive influence on each other

take care and look after you :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8IrU57/]
[/url]

A healthy example for my beautiful baby girl!
chubby-no-more

Re: Chubby-no-mores progress

Postby chubby-no-more » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Well day 3 has been another good day for me. I went to the gym for the first time since my new plan and i've done my first class - Body Attack. I almost died I cant beleive how unfit I have become through not doing much at all during my pregnancy. I used to do Body Attack and then follow up with Pump, now I am dog tired after only 1 class - and I was completely unco. I did burn 713 calories and that is with my watch set at me being 80 kgs so it would have been even more. I am excited that the gym will be introducing some new classes, boot camp and spin YAY for me, I just hope that they are timetabled well.
Food choices have been good, shakes for breckie and lunch and Ive a steak cookig 4 tea with beans and a wee bit of carrot. And for desert i'm having rockmelon and some diet yoghurt. So i'm pretty happy with the day. 3 in a row!!!!

I am really positive that I will stick with it this time. I hope every one else is feeling as positive and optimistic as me. Update tommorrow, hopefully another good day :P
[/url]

chubby-no-more

Postby MagicGirl79 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Good work CNM!!! You sound like you worked hard today - can't wait to see your progress on Sat.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby chubby-no-more » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:50 pm

Am excited to do my first kick boxing class. YAY Have eaten really well today - just had my shake for lunch and 1litre of water so far. I'm having a yummy salad now and will ave a banana on the way to class. I was naughty by not eating breakfast but I got tied up with house work and then had an emergency trip to work (even though i'm on maternity leave, I still get calls to come and fix stuff up - it sucks to be the boss sometimes - but I love it all the same) Resisted the lure of subway cookies when hubby was having lunch. i'm surprised at how little cravings i'm having. i am really motivated and don't want to eat crapppy foods, i want to be that healthy and 'phat' mum for my daughter.

wish me luck!!! lets hope to burn at least 550 calories in kick boxing :twisted:

Hope everybody else is having a great day / week / year :P
[/url]

chubby-no-more

Postby chubby-no-more » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Well Kick boxing was great but damn hard work. I am sore already so I don't want to think about how sore I will be tommorrow. I reached the goal of over 500 calories I burnt 550 which could have been better considering that I walked a fair bit of the cardio.

Ate well and did not give in to the chocolate ailse when i got the steak for dinner. Speaking of dinner I had a steak salad, very nice indeed. I am still a bit peckish but will have a glass of water and then I think a jarrah hot chocolate instead of a yoghurt. Its cheating a bit, but it hasLess calories and not too many carbs so I think it will be fine.

Log my progress tommorrow.

Good luck all :P
[/url]

chubby-no-more

Postby warriorsgirl » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

Wow, ur going great guns CNM...
Kick boxing sounds like great fun... And, not sure about u but I love the soreness feeling after a good work, really means I did my best!!!
warriorsgirl

Postby chubby-no-more » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:10 am

Well the later half of the week way sucky a good freinds funeral on wednesday put my diet on hold as we drank and remerered her. And with drinking came food, and even though I did not do too badly in the food department the drink calories was another story. Then thurday and Friday I worked two twelve hour shifts and did not eat well as i was not prepared well due to sick baby. I know lots of excuses and thats not what i want. I was not happy this morning to see a small weight loss of .9kg but at the same time was happy it was a loss. I am unsure of how to continue with my weight loss, I am wanting the shakes for thier quick loss but am not sure that they fit into a real lifestyle, so am contimplating what to do next, do I continue shaking or food journal and calorie count, ultimately the later is more lasting, but I am greedy and want quick loss. Bewildered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think i will do the smart option and be satisfied with slow sustainable weight loss, oh I wish i had more will power, I was so hoping for 10 kgs in six weeks on the shakes. internal dilema. RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so angry that I let sh!t derail me- i am so over weight that failing is not an option, I need to set an exMPLE FOR MY DAUGHTER AND THE 6 YES I SAID 6 SUBWAY COOKIES I GOBBLED DOWN LAST NIGHT IS NOT THE KIND OF EXAMPLE I WANT TO SET. The misery of it, what to do??????

I did not complete one of the goals set for me
exercise olny 2 sessions, not even a walk
water only for 4 days, then I barely drank any fluids discounting the alcohol on wed
stick to my diet - well sadly no unless my diet included cookies and KFC.

well i sabutaged(sp) myself well this week and am almost over my rant ready to begin again. I have 3 sessions booked at the gym for this week and have some gym buddies who are back from holidays, so exercise this week should be cool. I am keen for the water and just have to get the eating (only the most important thing) in order. Oh to be me.

Wk 1 - 0.9 105.2
[/url]

chubby-no-more

Postby Bel Diamante » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:29 am

Hey CNM!

0.9kg is still a loss and a great one! Be proud of it hun! Have you seen those plastic lumps of lard the doctors and gyms usually have? You've lost one of those! A healthy weight loss is between 0.5kg - 1kg per week so don't be disheartened. Lots of factors can affect how much you lose, and it looks like you've had a bad week emotionally with your friend's funeral and a sick baby. If its TTOM you can also store fluid weight too. Stick to it for another week and see how you feel. Yes, it is possible to lose weight quickly on "shake" diets but everybody is different and will lose weight differently. Have you taken your bust, waist and hip measurements for comparison? Because sometimes you can lose cm's but not weight. Also muscle weight weighs more than fat weight, and it seems you've done really well with your exercise this week! So it could be that you've bulked up your muscles as to why you haven't had the results you desire. If this is the case you need to stick to it for a couple of weeks before you'll notice much loss.
Be proud of your loss! A loss is a loss and your well within the healthy weekly weight loss range!

Thinking of you, and also Best of Luck with what decision you make. I'll look forward to hearing your updates.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:44 am

Don't beat yourself up over it! Not only will you start to associate negative feelings with your new lifestyle change, but the added stress can actually make you gain weight. I don't think you made 'excuses' this week. You had some serious crap come up through no fault of your own. I can tell you if I had to go to a dear friend's funeral I sure as hell would be drinking too. It's a natural response. And 12 hour shifts are going to upset anyone's eating plans - especially since you didn't have time to prepare for it because of a sick child. Honestly, any diet slip-ups this week are just because of a series of awful events beyond your control. It's not your fault so don't beat yourself up over it.

The fact that you've managed to lose weight even through these hurdles is absolutely fantastic! Celebrate your success, don't get caught up on the negative stuff instead!

As to what plan to follow, I think it's great that you're looking at long term success. Don't write off the meal replacement plans thinking they won't get you there, though. Most are geared up to help you lose a lot of weight initially and then wean you onto a healthy diet so you can continue losing weight. There are many people here who use meal replacement shakes with great success. It might be worth chatting to one or two of them about it and see if it will fit in with your lifestyle. My mother-in-law has lost a heap of weight doing Tony Ferguson and she just replaces breakfast each day with a shake. Something like that might be more to your liking than Optislim where you're supposed to replace all three meals.

If you prefer to keep a food journal and watch your calories then that's good too! Really there's no better or worse choice here. It comes down to what helps you lose weight at a pace you're happy with, and more importantly how easy it is for you to stick to it in the long term.

I think you're doing great! I'm sure next week won't be as laden with crap and it will be much easier to stick to your plan as a result.

You go girl!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Alexandra » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:45 pm

The lovely ladies before me have said it perfectly and they are spot on. 0.9kgs is a huge loss, HUGE! Especially given the circumstances of the trying time. I know losing 5 kilos in a week is a huge motivator and what we could achieve as teenagers (I know I could) but its not sustainable or healthy. Choose a way of eating that will work for you in the long run and that you can maintain over the rest of your life. You said it so well, set that example of the type of lifestyle you want your child to live that will ensure she stays in her healthy weight range for life and does not struggle with obesity. And do it for yourself, the best gifts you could give your daughter and yourself!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby chubby-no-more » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:30 pm

i've been ignoring this page on my favoourits for a couple of weeks now and in the time of avoidance I have put on 2 kgs. I am way over it. I need motivation and I think that this forum is helpful when I use it. I am also going to use the biggest loser as motivation, although they do unrealsitic weight losses I still feel that it is helpful. I am on it. The morning is my new start and the day is going to be good. I need to be accountable and honest and that is what I need you all for. So yet another begining and a new start. Although my eating has been bad I have rekindled my love affair with the gym, It is love hate but still love and I know that I feel better after a session.

Wish me luck and here is a pledge to not over eat chocolate and other junk.

I am in need of serious help so all of your ideas and strategies are welcomed and appreiciated in advance

number one question, how to stay on course???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/
[/url]

chubby-no-more

Postby chubby-no-more » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:35 pm

GAINS GAINS GAINS is what has come of my neglecting my needs and concentrating on the here and now of if I want it why not have it. I am over it but still have the need to lose this weight. It is all I think about or rather obsess about, I look horrible and am starting to get really chubby in the face - I look horrendous and am close to becoming the weight i fought so long and hard to lose. Shocking - I promised myself that I would never need to shop in 'fat' stores again and I am at that point now. I am sorry to anyone who reads this as it is a self pitying vent. I want to lose the weight but am not too sure that I have the motivation at the moment which is so sad as I have a beautiful baby daughter who I do not want to transfer my bad habits onto her. I have been exercising some what but not too consistently.

I will be burning 500 calories with exercise each weekday of this week. I will journal my progress with this goal.

I also forbid chocolate and will journal my food intake daily
[/url]

chubby-no-more

Postby mumnbub » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:39 am

All i can suggest is to sit down and really think about why you want to do this! dont just say its to give your daughter a good example- it should also be for yourself. Make a plan as you already said you will be and stick in on the fridge or in front of your computer, do whatever you need to to keep you mind on the plan.

Then forget about the past and look to the future- keep that healthy amazing woman in your mind and head for it. Keep us updated and with the support you receive you will have a better chance of staying motivated
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:28 am

Mumnbub's right. Keep thinking of why you need to lose this weight. Focus on the end goal to keep you going for the long term. If you find it hard to put long term benefit over short term satisfaction, simply look one meal ahead. Instead of trying to make it a 'diet' meal, make it a healthy meal. Don't concentrate on cutting things out. Instead concentrate on adding healthy things in.

Have a delicious salad before your lunch. Add nuts and different vegetables that you like. If you prefer full-fat dressing then certainly use it. Anything to get you eating good nutritious food. Have some fruit, salad or a broth based soup before dinner. Rather than making plans to deprive yourself for the next week, just try and make a nutritious choice for your next meal. Adding nutrients in rather than taking 'bad' foods out will satisfy your body more and hopefully make a healthy eating plan easier to stick with.

What weight loss methods are you using at the moment? Different methods work for different people. It may just be that what you're trying to do doesn't suit your body or lifestyle. Have you considered trying something different for a few weeks to see if it helps?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Alexandra » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 am

Oh CnM, you do seem to be beating yourself up. This is not good for you. Do a bit of a self-evaluation, a self-audit. What is happening in the last while that has stopped you from succeeding? Is it how you feel? What is making you binge on chocolate? Are you depressed or lonely and therefore comfort eating? Are you bored and therefore overeating? Do you have a problem with portion control? Do you have a food plan so that when you get hungry you don't open the fridge/pantry and wonder about just eating aimlessly? Or are you on another weight loss plan? Is your life too busy you buy too much take-away because you have no time to prepare nutritious food? Do you have kids snacks at home and eat these high fat/suguary foods in your environment? Do you have a partner / family that is unsupportive? Find out what is holding you back and make a plan to solve it with your friends here - there is so much help and support here! Don't forget to visit often! I find it helps a lot!

Its great that you are doing some exercise. It appears that your diet is the area that you wish to improve. How old is your daughter? The best thing that works for me is to not have a single bad thing in the house. If your weakness is chocloate - don't buy it, then you can't eat it. Don't buy the kiddie stuff. I know it's hard, but your daughter will not suffer if she doesn't eat all that high sugar high fat stuff either. When I'm feeling like I want to eat it, I won't even go near the shops. I shop for the fruit and veg and go the butcher but the groceries, I had to get a family member to go those times I was feeling vulerable. The other times, I just didn't go down those aisles!

Hmm, long post (sorry, I can be prone to those) Hope a little helps in some way and you get your motivation back. Diet is important and when I say diet - I don't mean the old fashioned "restrict calories and lose weight" concept, I mean the nutrition you put in your body. So, look after yourself and good luck with finding your motivation - best wishes!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Return to Personal Progress