It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Sammy's Daily Diary.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Sammy's Daily Diary.

Postby xxx.blondie.xxx » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi if anyone's reading, I'm Sammy if you haven't already met me - 90kilos, 19 years old, should be 60kilos, I have 30 kilos to loose! Went through nearly two years of hell & put on about 20 of those kilos. So here I am :) This is will be more like a DIARY for myself than progress, but I'm open to comments/feedback :)

Today, I feel tired, I've eaten okay (I think). I had oats with banana and low fat milk for brekkie & a glass of OJ, for lunch i had a wholemeal sandwich with cheese, ham & low fat mayo, and a huuuge granny smith apple. I also had 2 lollies (oh dear!!).

I drank about 1.5 litres of water.

For afternoon tea I had 2 salt & vinegar rice cakes, and a glass of diet cordial.

For dinner I'm having frozen baked fish & chips, with a salad, and most likely a glass of cordial.

After dinner I'm going for a 30 min walk/run.

From what i can see i'm having too much sugary stuff like lollies and cordial, and clearly fish is okay but chips is too much carbs. But i don't know.

I rate today about a 5/10 - pretty average, not great, not horrible. xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBefmcW/]
[/url]
xxx.blondie.xxx

Re: Sammy's Daily Diary.

Postby xxx.blondie.xxx » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:25 pm

oh and i've eaten probably two handfulls of green grapes
[/url]
xxx.blondie.xxx

Postby warriorsgirl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:35 am

Hi Sam
If you are worried about sugar in your lollies try the "Double D" brand, they are sugar free!!!
I eat those wen i feel like sumthing sweet, and its normally just one or two to take the edge off.
I recommened the chewy caramels!! :)
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:16 am

If I crave something sweet I'll usually have a dried date. They're quite high in natural sugars, but they're also incredibly high in fibre. Plus I know my body's getting some good nutrients when I eat them. They taste a little like fudge and are incredibly sweet. I can usually eat no more than three of them at a time!

Good luck with your weight-loss journey, Sammy. I'm looking forward to reading about your progress!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby xxx.blondie.xxx » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi, I'm definately going to check out Double D lollies, and dates, they are yummy - now i crave one lol.

I've had a pretty bad day today :(

had my brekkie of muesli, banana, low fat milk & OJ, for lunch i had my usual ham, cheese & low fat mayo on wholemeal sandwich, a banana, 3 salt & vinegar rice cakes, plus i had a slice of meatlovers pizza, a packet of tiny teddies, and more lollies. What a HORRIBLE day. I think I did it cause i saw my partner eating them and my brain decided it wanted the same. Does anyone ever do the same thing? Just eat them cause someone else is?

For dinner im having spag bowl, with onion, tomato, garlic, carrot, cheese & pasta. Lots of carbs. Its just so hard when my partner can eat all these normal foods and i shouldnt be.

BUT

good news is that im going for my 30 min walk/run. Im now running 70% of the way, from about 20% which is good. It kills me though.
[/url]
xxx.blondie.xxx

Postby xxx.blondie.xxx » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:08 pm

It seems like I eat properly during the day, but as soon as i get home i need to eat. Any tips on how NOT to do this?? Even when I see my partner doing it??

xx
[/url]
xxx.blondie.xxx

Postby xxx.blondie.xxx » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:11 pm

oh and i drank 1.5 litres of water today too
[/url]
xxx.blondie.xxx

Postby xxx.blondie.xxx » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:21 pm

this is one of the many photos that did it. I knew how much i had put on, but it REALLY hits you when you see yourself in a picture.

Sorry to hurt your eyes, this is horrible.

[/url]
xxx.blondie.xxx

Postby xxx.blondie.xxx » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:21 pm

NYE, 2008
[/url]
xxx.blondie.xxx

Postby warriorsgirl » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Sam
Just wanted to let u knw, ur not alone re: eating wat othas are...
I think that's why I've gone off the wagon a bit this week.
Seen my friends eat pasta so I wud to...
I think we just gotta say no, and think about why we are really doing this...

I hope i can take my own advice!!!

Good luck!!
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:21 am

Can you talk to your partner about changing both your diets so he can help support you? That way you can get rid of the snack food full of sugar and fat and replace it with cut vegetables and healthy dips. Or make a huge bowl of fruit salad you can help yourself from. Or a big bowl of salad or soup. It requires a bit of preparation since it doesn't come in packet form, but it's well worth doing.

Sometimes I used to want to snack simply because there was something yummy in the cupboard. In those instances I used a trick I learned from Paul McKenna's book and CD 'I can make you thin'. I repeated to myself as a mantra "Food has always been there, food will always be there" so I wouldn't feel that primal desperation of 'eat it now or it will be gone forever'. I find it really works for me. That way I know that if I don't have a bikkie now I can always go to the cupboard and get one later. If we run out I can simply buy more at the supermarket. No more anxiety over food!

And from Jon Gabriel's book 'The Gabriel Method' I learned that if you pass up on food occasionally without being anxious about it, either by not eating everything on your plate or skipping a snack, it tells your subconscious that you are living in a time of plenty. That there is bountiful food and there is no chance of famine. That puts your body into the opposite of starvation mode. It is less likely to store fat because you won't be needing it for a hypothetical famine ahead, and your appetite should decrease for the same reason.

When I'm tempted to snack I ask myself if I want an apple. If I'm genuinely hungry then I'll be willing to eat it. If I don't want an apple I know I'm wanting to eat for reasons other than hunger. In that case it's a matter of identifying what need I'm trying to satisfy with food. If it's boredom can you take up a hobby that won't leave your hands free to snack? I find knitting is good. So is drawing. If you can, turn off the television. TV's the worst thing for making idle hands want to snack.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Your photo is not horrible at all, I think you look great, actually - you need to be kinder to yourself, you have killer legs and beautiful skin and look at your girls :wink: Sure, if you're here, you must want to lose weight like the rest of us and that is a good goal if you need to get healthy and improve your general well being but don't forget it starts from the inside...and all the self-love stuff aside (even if you think its mumbo-jumbo)...I think you're a babe :wink: I think it's a marathon of some Carson and "how to look good naked" for you, young lady :D :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby xxx.blondie.xxx » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Wow, pretty inspiring what you girls have written :)

Thankyou so much, it has given me a boost of hope! It really has, and im concidering those books mentioned.

I will beat this :)

And, unfortunatley,
I have extemely low self esteem and cannot find anything good about myself, except for parts of my personality, and sometimes i like my eyes.

I have a very very long journey ahead.

Today has been a pretty crap day again.

I had toast with vegimite & a nectarine for brekkie, drank 1.5 litres of water, had left over spag bowl for lunch, tiny teddies, lollies, a ham & cheese brown sanwhich, and ive began drinking alcohol. Alcohol probably doesn't help at all, but after a week of working with 10 babies every day, you really need it lol.

I have to fix my thought train.
[/url]
xxx.blondie.xxx

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:37 pm

I highly recommend the book and CD 'I can make you thin' by Paul McKenna. Rather than give you an eating and exercise program it looks at reshaping your attitudes through mind programming techniques. It could help you with both your eating and your poor self-esteem. A great deal of his CD deals with visualisation and seeing your body in a positive way. (I'm not associated with the book, the author or the publishers, by the way. I'm just really impressed with it and found it really changed my attitude towards eating so I tend to recommend it a lot!)
EvilWombatQueen

Postby xxx.blondie.xxx » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:44 pm

I will definately look it up on amazon or something :)

when i can afford it lol
[/url]
xxx.blondie.xxx

Next

Return to Personal Progress