It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

All about Meegs!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

All about Meegs!

Postby meegs » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi All,

I have been a member of this forum for nearly a year.
In that time I have lost nearly 17kgs - which I am so proud of!

I have commented on so many threads, joined challenges and made such good friends (you know who you are!!!!!), BUT I have never opened myself up and said this is what I am doing to lose weight.

I have read so many personal progress threads so here is mine!

I have set myself a goal to lose 20kgs this year.

Last week I was walking along the beach with my kids and hubby and I had one of those lightbulb moments. I saw girls wearing bathers and bikinis and I was walking in my big board shorts - and I just thought why can't I look like them.

I know that I can lose the weight, and I feel that a year is enough time for it, but I am worried that I am putting too much emphasis on it in my mind. Every thing I put in my mouth at the moment I am thinking about "Operation 20kg". I am obsessed but I don't want to be too obsessed( Does that make sense). I want to be mindful of it but not obsessed that is probably a better way of putting it.

That is my state of mind.
Here is what I do for my body...
Food: Breakfast - protein smoothie with banana and strawberries.
Lunch: Omlette with ham, parsley and cheese.
Dinner: Normally chicken and veg or salad of some description.

Exercise: 3 times a week I go to Step Into Life which is a group outdoor personal training... which I love! It is a great group, very social... but boy do we exercise!
The days that I don't do that I try to walk/jog with my boys( 2 sons, 6 and 3 and my husband!!). I also often walk to do the school pick up (altho this week is going to be 41degrees three days in a row, so unlikely I will be walking).

I haven't tried CalorieKing as I feel that counting calories might not be best for me with my obsessiveness!!!. I have been to a naturopath who has given me supplements so I am happy in that way.

I look forward to your comments - and anything that I may be able to do for my "Operation 20kg".

Yours in weightloss,

Meegs
xxx :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Re: All about Meegs!

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:15 am

Well hello, finally you've taken the plunge into the personal progress section, my dear. It's lovely to see you here and I feel so privileged to be the first to comment. You are such the quiet achiever. Always making such positive and lovely comments for everyone. You have made such wonderful progress to achieve what you have achieved so far - you've done an amazing job all with 2 boys at home (no disrespect to your husband or to any husband, but its really like having 3 to look after, now isn't it??) Mothers tend to put themselves last so health and well being take a back seat.

I completely understand your concern over your "obsession". Its a good way of looking at it, I think, the way you have. I think its like a full time job. They say that looking for work is a full time job and I think that maintaining your health and well being (ie planning meals, cooking, shopping, exercising, planning the kids around exercise etc) these all take time and expert negotiations and it is work and you can't take your eye of it. I think you can't "drop the ball". You (meaning one) needs to work at it all the time, for evermore (or until it becomes second nature). That's the way I see it. I also have to continue to live by my new mantra of eating for nutrition. Otherwise, I will start reverting to my old habits and just driving through the golden arches and dinner is a 5 minute thing (from thinking about it to eaten it) or grabbing a packet of chips and washing it down with a coke and another year goes by and I've put on 20 kgs. I don't think it's an obsession, its just a way of thinking and living to maximise your health and well being until these things become second nature - its just what we have to do! And anyway, who cares if it's a little obsessive, its better to obsess over your health than obsessing over what your co-workers think of you (for example).

I love your code word, operation 20 kilos, I love it. I only wish I was that close to my goal. I lost 20 kilos last year and I believe it is totally doable (I am hoping for something in the vicinity of 35 this year). If I lost 30 or even 20 I would be happy though! I'm glad you are proud of your progress, nearly 20 kgs already, thats awesome and you should be proud! Did you have a good holiday (even though you were wearing your boardies as the bikini clad girlies were running past? (just think, at least you were sun safe!)

Your food and exercise plan sounds great! I'm sure you'll have no trouble sticking to it and I have every confidence and faith in you. I'm so excited I get to now follow your progress here (and I can hound you and you can hound me even more!). Can't wait for the next update. Missed you last week. Did you end up taking your scales, btw (I know the feeling, I am a serial weigh in-er too!)

Glad you are back. Hope you had a great holiday. Hope the boys are well. Love Ally
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby meegs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks Ally, and you know that you are one of the people I was talking about right!! :D :D

As to the question about the scales - I am proud to say I didn't take them! I really wanted to but I managed to keep them home (Plus Dan would have killed me if I had snuck them in - I guess my marriage is more important!!!!!)

Happy Australia Day.
xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby mumnbub » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:14 pm

I find I only do well when I am always thinking about my goals, it is my life at the momement and I know if I dont put all my energy into it I will lose track and forget about it like I have always done in the past- so if it works for you then I dont see why being obsessed should be a problem. Although, I am now wondering what happens when I have reached my goal- will I continue to be obsessed or just relax to the point where I start gaining it back? I think it would be best to just take it all one day at a time and do whats best for that day
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby JP1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:39 pm

well done on your weight loss so far meegs and good luck with your goals.. JP 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby meegs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Thanks JP, I wish you all the best too, and I am enjoying your challenge!

Mum, great question - what do we do when we have reached our goal. I am sooo far off it I can not even picture it. This year's goal (as I have said) is the 20kg but really if you go by BMI (which I know is not the only indicator) then I will have to lose another 15 after that... so I feel I will be thinking about it for a long time to come yet.

As for today... I was almost perfect with my food (yay me!) and I have done lots of Wii Fitting. I'm not sure if I have said this anywhere else but my youngest son deleted all my Wii Fit data so I have had to start all over again (today is day 3!) and it has been surprisingly good!!! It has meant that I have had to work hard to get everything unlocked again, so that has been fun.

I have also taken a leaf out of Gordz book and am doing the Step program a fair bit (now that I have unlocked it that is!!)

My weight hasn't done much over the last couple of months (since then end of our Christmas challenge really) so I really want to work on that in the next fortnight - I get that that is the whole point, but I want to see numbers that I haven't seen before, Or at least not for a long time.

Cheers
xxx :D
[/url]
meegs

Postby meegs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:27 pm

I have just had a thought!! (Scary I know!!!)

As the Biggest Loser is coming up next week (yay!!!) I will pledge to exercise the whole time it is on. This will add an extra 30 mins of exercise to my day, we all know we will watch it, so why not!!!!! :D
[/url]
meegs

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:50 pm

That's a great idea, Meegs! I must say the Biggest Loser actually ruined my exercise routine last year. I used to go running at that time of the evening but I found myself glued to the TV instead! I think I'll take a leaf out of your book. I'll alternate between stepping on my aerobics step while it's on and using free weights. That way I get the best of both worlds!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby meegs » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Thanks Ali, the idea came as a brainwave (I don't have them all that often!!) - and I thought it was too good to keep to myself!!!
I do my exercising at night also - so I imagine I will have to tape it and exercise a bit later on.

It is hot here today. 43 I think it got to.
I had to drop Number 1 son at school and number 2 starts kindy tomorrow - I can't believe it! I will have 2 hours to myself every Wednesday this term and both will be at kindy/school next term - the possibilities are endless for what I will do!! Exercise?? Shop?? Relax?? Probably end up cleaning!!!

I did kick-boxing tonight outside - almost too crazy I tell you!!! I feel exhausted now with a bit of a head ache - but you know what, I am doing it all again tomorrow night.

I am looking forward to weighing in on Thursday, as I have not done so for 2 weeks. (Of course, I have had some sneaky peaks :wink: ).

Cheers
[/url]
meegs

Postby meegs » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:21 pm

It is 44 degrees today.
Can you believe that!

My second son, I will call him 2, started kindy today.
he had first first full session. I feel like he is too young - and then again i am excited about it as well!!!
[/url]
meegs

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:02 pm

meegs wrote:It is 44 degrees today.
Can you believe that!

My second son, I will call him 2, started kindy today.
he had first first full session. I feel like he is too young - and then again i am excited about it as well!!!

How horrid is this weather meegs? Roughly what area are you in?

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby meegs » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:08 pm

We are very close to town - can you believe it was 45.7 today.
ARRRGGGHHH!!!
[/url]
meegs

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:21 pm

OHMIGOSH, keep your fluids up guys and take care..hope you are all ok! Hope the kids are ok especially going back to school. Its hard to keep hydrated too! Sending my thoughts to you on such a special day for no 2 *wow* Hope the butterflies were manageable. Congrats to all! Best wishes, Ally :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby meegs » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks Ally,
Yes it is hot.
Yes we are keping hydrated.
But sleeping is not pleasant.

Butterflies were manageable... WIll see next term when he starts properly!!
Cheers
[/url]
meegs

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:18 am

meegs wrote:We are very close to town - can you believe it was 45.7 today.
ARRRGGGHHH!!!

We are down south at Woodcroft and it was terrible here, today isn't going to be much better either.

Keep cool.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Next

Return to Personal Progress