It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Free Newsletter

All about Meegs!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: All about Meegs!

Postby meegs » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:42 pm

So this week I have started on shakes - which is something I have never done before.

I am having one for brekkie and lunch - and for the couple of days I have done it for it hasn't been too bad... now I know that I always say that it seems easy when you are starting out with all the positivity that you are feeling.

I have been doing heaps of exercise. I have done 4 sessions with my group personal training. I have also been jogging the 3kms to it and walking the 3kms home. We also have a dog who I have been walking a couple of times a day.

I am worried that I am doing too much... but I am feeling good while I am doing it... so I have to find a happier medium maybe.

And that is me today.

Cheers :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby starr22 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Sounds like you're going great guns Meegs :)

And how good are you with the exercise! Go girl! Your hard work will pay off at your next weigh in :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 am

Wow. You're certainly throwing yourself into it, Meegs! Are you getting enough calories from your shakes to support that much exercise? Your increased energy would suggest that you are, but it might be worth talking to your personal trainer or GP just to check.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby miss_viva » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Well done Meegs, you sound so motivated! I'm impressed that you're able to jog 3kms to the PT sessions, and still manage to complete them! I'd be lying in pain on the grass, lol.

I think as long as you enjoy doing something, you should keep doing it. If it starts to feel like too much though, you should probably consider dropping back a little. This is a new routine for you though, so you should enjoy the increased motivation levels and make the most of them. Good luck with the shakes too, I've never actually tried them either but I've seen that a lot of people have gotten some good results from them. Do you plan to continue them, or are you just using them as a kickstarter? I don't really know too much about meal replacements, but I've always been concerned that if i went on them, I would gain back the weight once I started eating 'regularly' again. Do you much about how that all works? I'm not criticising your choice to take them at all, i'm just curious :) Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby meegs » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi All and thanks for your responses.

miss_viva wrote:Good luck with the shakes too, I've never actually tried them either but I've seen that a lot of people have gotten some good results from them. Do you plan to continue them, or are you just using them as a kickstarter? I don't really know too much about meal replacements, but I've always been concerned that if i went on them, I would gain back the weight once I started eating 'regularly' again. Do you much about how that all works? I'm not criticising your choice to take them at all, i'm just curious

Miss V - I know exactly what you mean about the shakes.. and your mindset seems to be the same as mine... yes I am just doing them for a kickstart as it seems that I have not been doing so well trying to just eat normally but well.

I have always thought that the best motivation for losing weight is actually losing weight itself.. if you see the number on the scale drop then you are more likely to keep going so that is my thoughts at the moment.

Thanks Ali for your thoughts... I was also wondering the same thing. I have been with my trainer for over 2 yeas now and he knows me pretty well so I am happy to discuss it with him when the need arises.

On to a hot weekend now... wonder if I will get as much exercise done :P

Cheers
[/url]
meegs

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:19 pm

meegs wrote:I have always thought that the best motivation for losing weight is actually losing weight itself.. if you see the number on the scale drop then you are more likely to keep going so that is my thoughts at the moment.

I totally agree with that statement! I thrive off seeing lower numbers, lol. I'm sure once you kickstart your weightloss, your motivation will definately be higher. It's so disheartening when you've been really good, and then you see a higher number on the scales, it really does my head in! Good luck, I hope the scales are kind to you this week :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:49 pm

miss_viva wrote:
meegs wrote:I have always thought that the best motivation for losing weight is actually losing weight itself.. if you see the number on the scale drop then you are more likely to keep going so that is my thoughts at the moment.

I totally agree with that statement! I thrive off seeing lower numbers, lol. I'm sure once you kickstart your weightloss, your motivation will definately be higher. It's so disheartening when you've been really good, and then you see a higher number on the scales, it really does my head in! Good luck, I hope the scales are kind to you this week :)

That is so true. I tend to lose weight very slowly and it can be disheartening at times. Good luck with the shakes and exercise, Meegs. I'm sure you'll have great results on the scales!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby meegs » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:21 pm

I can't believe it has been a week since I have posted in here.

I know why I had a bad weekend last weekend... I went out for Indian on Saturday night. I jumped 2kgs after that. 2kgs!!! How does that even happen???

So on Sunday feeling disheartened we ate pizza as well... I know how bad that is.

So all week I have been so good eating very well, and exercising heaps. I have not been able to keep up the running to PT and walking home... not that I don't want to just that school has started for the kids.. and work is full on for hubby. I am still doing as much as I can and if I get any time to myself I exercise... which is so much better than eating!!!!

So the shakes are going well... not very exciting but easy at the moment.

My only problem is that (embarrassing part please avert your eyes if you wish!! :shock: ) they seem to be a bit constipating :oops: . I'm not sure if I can have metamucil or something similar or if they will affect the shakes... does anyone know :?:

I am drinking heaps of water, more than I ever have.. which I know is very good.

Well onto next week now.

Cheers to you all.
[/url]
meegs

Postby miss_viva » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Well done on putting the 'bad' weekend behind you, and eating well and exercisng during the week. A few bad meals here and there won't do much to you, as long as you get back on track asap. Those 2kgs will disappear soon :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby mindy32 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Well lovely I have decided to come back onto the forum so I just wanted to pop my head in and say hello
~Belle xx
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby meegs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Yay Belle, Welcome back can't wait to chat again in here - let's do it together again babe. xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby meegs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:07 pm

I am in a good mood - and let me tell you those moods are few and far between.
Today I hit 6kg lost for the year - which is excellent! - and I had my first comment about it. One of my training mates told me that my pants were too saggy around the booty area! Yay :D
It's so nice to hear that!!!

I feel that I have another little boost of enthusiasm and motivation.

Also watching the Biggest Loser doing the 10km run tonight really inspired me. I have run that far before and I know how hard it is but now I want to go out and do it again... might take longer than 4 weeks training tho, and I will def not de trying the 21km.

Have a great week.

Cheers :D
[/url]
meegs

Postby mindy32 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:46 am

6kgs already?! Go Meegs! That's awesome. Gotta love getting those positive comments.

Wish I could run 10km. Running is something I just never seem to be able to do. Ive tried the ideas of c25k, ive tried running whatever I could but even when I keep trying and trying for weeks I can never run more than a few hundred metres. My legs just feel like they're going to drop off. I can ride for ages on a bike quite fast, use the rowing machine, use the cross trainer, etc just can't run! Grrrr. Maybe in another few months when I'm fitter I'll give it a go again.

But I'm in total agreeance about the Biggest Loser being inspirational. I know it's all unrealistic for people living a normal life but it's just amazing to see them transform and I figure if they can do it so can I (just a little slower for me!).

Have a fabulous weekend hun x
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby meegs » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:46 pm

If someone out you in a house and gave you a trainer and food then we could all lose the weight that they do!

In the real world we just need to find a way that suits us.

Have a good weekend to you too.
xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby miss_viva » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Well done Meegs, 6kgs is fantastic!
[/url]