It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am

Free Newsletter

Jess wants to be a beautiful bride :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Jess wants to be a beautiful bride :)

Postby jeshka » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:33 pm

So, I have been here before and never had much success. I just couldn't stay motivated. Well, my better half proposed to me on Boxing Day and we have set the wedding date for just over a year away - 26/2/2010. Now I have a reason to keep motivated, to lose the extra kilos that have been weighing me down since I finished school, to get a body that I am proud of. My mission is to be a fit, beautiful bride next year.

I don't have a specific weight loss goal in place yet. I'm around 70kg (and 160cm short). I have an awkward body so my shoulders/bust/arms can fit into smaller sizes, but my hips/butt/legs are more along the lines of a 14, and depending on what shop I'm in a 14 is sometimes even too small. Other times a 14 is too big but a 12 is far too small. i have what can be best described as a beer gut. I hate not being able to find anything (and I mean ANYTHING) that actually fits my whole body perfectly. When I graduated high school in 2003, I was about 54kg, meaning I have lumped on around 15kg since. People think that I have no reason to worry about my weight at 70kg, but after being small for most of my life, I feel such a difference carrying that extra weight, and I'm not comfortable with myself. I don't feel fit. I have a lot of cellulite, more than i feel as though i should have at 22 years old.

Last time I was on this forum, i lived in NSW. I used to wake up in the morning and have stress-outs trying to find something to wear, because I didn't feel like anything fitted or looked right. I have since come to terms with my body a little more, I realise that if I'm not going to do something about my weight, I can't complain about it - it's up to me to make the change, and whinging about it won't magically make the fat disappear. So I dress to suit my shape, I wear board shorts at the beach, I try to accentuate the good bits and hide the not so good bits.

I have started doing Body Balance at my gym on Tuesday nights (last night it was cancelled sadly but hopefully back this week). I feel awesome after it, and it's helping me get back into the swing of exercise. I am more active on weekends, sometimes playing a bit of cricket etc. I am still drinking a fair bit of alcohol but it's starting to make me feel sicker when I do so I'm looking at laying off it unless I really have an occassion to drink (like my sister's upcoming 21st). I am still eating a fair bit of takeaway, just not as much as I was. I have started taking ham and salad rolls for lunch at work instead of buying lunch from the cafe (which helps my waistline as well as my wallet). I figure every bit of money I could spend on takeaway or alcohol would be better put towards the wedding so I'm going to use that as an incentive aswell.

I know what I need to do, I just need to get off my lazy butt and do it. I am hoping being back here and putting down my feelings throughout it all and keeping track of it will help a lot more. I know that the people here are great motivators and it helps to go through this kind of thing with other people who are going through the same thing, even if the amount of weight I am looking to lose is a lot less than the amount someone else may be looking to lose.

I don't want to say that I want to lose the entire 15kg I have put on - my body shape has changed and although I have not gotten any taller (sadly!), 55kg today might look much funnier on me than it did when I was 17. So my first goal is to be below 65kg again, something which I haven't been for months and months. Following that, I'll go for 60. Then take it from there. I'm going to weigh myself but because I know that might not be a fair indication considering muscle etc, I'm going to also measure myself, and also guage things on how I feel, how I fit into my clothes, how much easier it is to walk from the train station to work and vice versa.

I want to be a gorgeous bride, I want to feel at my very best and that means being fit, and feeling beautiful. My fiance is also looking to get into shape, as he's let things go for a while aswell - he is still gorgeous to me but I know where he is coming from when he says that he's not happy with his body. I'm hoping that we can motivate each other to reach our goals :)

If you've read this far, you're a champion, I thank you and hope to cross paths with you all in my journey :D
jeshka

Re: Jess wants to be a beautiful bride :)

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:46 pm

OMG OMG CONGRATS AND GOODLUCK for your upcoming wedding, im sure you'll be one hot bride :).
soon2bayummymummy

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Hey jess - welcome back :) And congratulations - fantastic news. I hope we can all get behind you and help you shift those kilos you want to lose over the next year. All the best and good to have you back :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:52 pm

COngratulations on the engagement...
Must be fun organising for the wedding...

Also a huge hello, welcom back...
Really sounds like you have your head around things!! :)
Great to see you at the gym and in a class... Im too afraid to get to a class yet...

Good luck!!!
warriorsgirl

Postby jeshka » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks for the comments, guys :) Well, this past week has mostly been about trying to get back into the swing of things, learning to make the right decisions again without saying straight up 'I am on a diet' (which, frankly, is just plain scary and off-putting). I've done up a little list:

Things I haven't done so well with this week:
- I skipped Body Balance. I didn't even have a good excuse
- I had a couple of beers throughout the week and several glasses of champagne through the weekend (granted, it was Valentines hehe)
- I skipped breakfast most mornings and snacked on chocolate a few times
- I had a fair bit of soft drink (most of the time Coke Zero, but still, trying to lay off the fizzy stuff)

Things I have done really well this week:
- I only had takeaway once! That's gotta be some kind of record for me
- I took lunch to work most days, and made all my dinners at home
- I ate more vegies than usual
- I drank more water (and no energy drinks whatsoever)

I haven't weighed myself because I know I didn't put in enough effort to warrant any kind of good result. I'm glad I can acknowledge that though. I got my hair done on Thursday night (I had dyed my hair brown a few months ago and was really getting tired of it - it's just not me). I got a full head of blonde foils which has lightened it up a lot - still a fair bit of brown through there, it is going to be a gradual process, but I am getting back to blonde and it just makes such a difference to my face already. It has made me feel good about myself and makes me feel as though I have started the journey to looking like the best version of myself that I can be.

Game plan for this week:
1. Drink even more water
2. No pasta for dinner unless I have been to the gym that night (still trying to limit myself to only one pasta dinner a week. It's a convenience thing, really)
3. GO TO BODY BALANCE
4. No soft drinks at work (and still no energy drinks)

It's gonna be a busy week ahead for me - I have friday off so that me and Nick can go and check out a wedding venue - I am soooo hoping it is perfect, if it is we will book it that day. Then Friday night we're going to a concert, and then spending most of Saturday and Sunday with some close friends, one of them plays hockey and has some big games ahead, maybe watching sporty people will get me motivated? I am going to try to limit the alcohol intake, most of our hang-outs with our friends end up as booze-fests. Now I am off to hang out the washing (insert groan here).
jeshka

Postby mumnbub » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:32 am

I love that you have not just listed the things that went wrong but also listed what you did well- should never focus just on the bas stuff when you have made some great changes in your life.

One thing you really need to work on is breakfast- never skip your breakfast! if you dont like sitting down to eat to much so early then maybe start with some fruit or a smoothy and have your cerial or whatever an hour or 2 after you wake up. If you have a good breakfast full of protein then you wont have that need to snack on chocolates or other naughty foods. still have some morning tea but chose fruit or some yoghurt or similar healthy food

Good luck for the comming week
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby jeshka » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:21 pm

thanks :D you're right about the breakfast thing, for sure. I wake up at 6am to catch the train to work, I rarely leave myself enough time in the morning to make and eat breakfast, so sometimes i'll have like a banana at work but that's about it. i think it's a matter of getting up earlier, and taking the time to have some cereal or something. i just love my sleep so much. hahaha
jeshka

Postby John » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride no matter what your weight is :wink:
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby Alexandra » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:45 am

Good luck with your goals! Congratulations on your wonderful news - how exciting! Hope to follow your successes as you go along!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby jeshka » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:13 pm

today i got back on calorie king. i made a few changes across the past week or so, cutting back on takeaway and drinking more water, but it's not enough if i really want to get serious about this. i know that if i have an 'off' day and eat pizza for breakfast (like i did today) i won't be able to make excuses if i can see the damage it would have done sitting in front of me in my calorie king diary. i went to the gym yesterday morning and did about 40 minutes of cardio, it was a good start. i have a goal to wear skinny jeans this winter without the inner thighs of the damn jeans wearing out from rubbing together, well it's the first day of autumn today and it's damn boiling, i have 3 months til winter and im positive that i can definitely make a difference in that time. some other people who i know (work colleagues etc) are really looking after themselves, one guy is a shadow of his former self and it almost seems to have happened overnight, it just goes to show what a difference can be made when people put in the effort. it makes me feel really motivated :)
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:51 pm

far out i have been so busy with wedding stuff, work, etc that i haven't had a chance to update on here in ages. I was going soooo well - i lost 3 kg in 3 weeks in the lead up to easter :D went from 69kg to 66kg! then...easter long weekend happened. lots of drinks, lots of food and lots of chocolate! i put 2kg back on, but lost a kilo of that in the week following as i got back into good habits. so last sunday morning, i was 67kg. today i am sick at home with a stomach virus and some mega indegestion. i have no doubt that it's the numerous takeaway meals i've had over the past few days that has caused this. i need to look after myself better. Nick lost like 6kg in 3 weeks leading up to easter, and buffed up heaps, he's very motivated.

i have found the wedding dress that i want - it's one of these made-to-your-measurements buy online dealies, and it's gooorgeous. i so badly want to order it now, but i dont want it to be huge on me by the wedding. sooo i am thinking of setting myself a realistic goal to reach, like getting to around 62kg (a 5kg loss), and ordering it once i reach that goal. so if i get there in a few weeks, i get to order in a few weeks. if it takes me 2 months, then i have to wait 2 months. i think it will really motivate me. and that way, if the dress needs to be taken it, it will be less than if it had been if i ordered the dress now. if that makes sense :/
jeshka

Postby Amethyst » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:18 pm

That seems like a good plan. Good luck on it all.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Well done, Jess. You're doing really well. It's a good idea to wait until you're at your target size before ordering your wedding dress. My cousin had hers made by a family friend and she had to keep getting it altered as she lost a heap of weight before the wedding!
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Personal Progress